Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Radio ...Signal issue on 14 RT

... I no longer get ... AM ... signal ( FM is fine ) ... what I see on the screen is FM, NOAA, & Aux. ... instead of the normal AM signal it is showing either ... SW .... or ... SL ???? ... Yes I have been thru the programming for Audio and I can't fix this .... I even went into the " REGION " section, and tried all of them .... still NO ... AM ..... HELP ...... Thanks .... Mike ..... PS, the antennae is not the problem I get FM fine

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    ... I no longer get ... AM ... signal ( FM is fine ) ... what I see on the screen is FM, NOAA, & Aux. ... instead of the normal AM signal it is showing either ... SW .... or ... SL ???? ... Yes I have been thru the programming for Audio and I can't fix this .... I even went into the " REGION " section, and tried all of them .... still NO ... AM ..... HELP ...... Thanks .... Mike ..... PS, the antennae is not the problem I get FM fine
    Our 2014 radio got stupid before. I pulled the fuse for ten minutes, reinserted the fuse and it reset to normal.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PMK View Post
    Our 2014 radio got stupid before. I pulled the fuse for ten minutes, reinserted the fuse and it reset to normal.
    Thank you .... I'll try that ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

About a year and a half ago, I had trouble with my BRP CB. Absolutely nothing. I went into the
    menu and adjusted everything I could think of, all to no avail. A few days later, I disconnected the
    ground wire from the battery and left it off for a couple of days. Lo and Behold, after I reconnected
    the ground wire, my CB was back to working as it should. I don't know what happened, but I
    suspect that, for some reason or another, the computer brains in the bike was not recognizing that
    a CB was there. Haven't had any more problems since then. I have a 2014 RTL.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 06-24-2022 at 09:33 PM. Reason: Lo ;-)