Spyder Garage

Default Turned 21 RTL off then on - Screen went nuts! Anyone else?

I have a 2021 RTL. I got home last night and was parking the Spyder in my garage and turned it off. Then about 10 seconds later, I realized I needed to move it a bit and turned back on the Spyder , The screen below is what came up. I turned everything off and tried again. Same thing. I went ahead and moved the Spyder and thought about making an appointment to have this looked at. The next morning, I fired up the Spyder and all was OK again. Has anyone else had this happen to them?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ollicat View Post
    I have a 2021 RTL. I got home last night and was parking the Spyder in my garage and turned it off. Then about 10 seconds later, I realized I needed to move it a bit and turned back on the Spyder , The screen below is what came up. I turned everything off and tried again. Same thing. I went ahead and moved the Spyder and thought about making an appointment to have this looked at. The next morning, I fired up the Spyder and all was OK again. Has anyone else had this happen to them?
    Well I've read a bunch of stuff similar to this .... yours may be the first with this exact issue ..... I've owned a few Spyders since 09 .... and have learned that the BRP computers " over-lap " each other, and this is one of the things that make them hard to diagnose when issues arise .... ie. multiple different codes - but only one thing is wrong ..... If your Spyder appears to operating like normal ... I WOULDN'T be overly concerned ..... but do let your dealer know about it and take it in to be verified ....

PS: EVERYTHING that occurs with the Spyders goes thru the computers and will remain there FOREVER ( all computers do this ) .... so if they say they can't find it .... tell them to CONTACT BRP and they will assist ..... good luck .... Mike
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 06-24-2022 at 09:51 AM. Reason: Colour...

Spyder Garage

In most cases, a computer glitch. I like to say, it is the computer just showing you who is really in charge.

If it comes back, time to check with the dealer.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I've had all kinds of random things happen to the display, but they were all temporary. I didn't think too much of them since restarting cleared the issue. Maybe I should have taken it in for documentation. No other things appeared to malfunction though. So, I just chalked it up to things that happen with technology.
    '20 RT Chalk Metallic

Spyder Garage

My 21 RTL did this also. I have pictures that look just like yours. Waited several minutes then restarted. All was normal
    2021 RTL , Asphalt Gray

Spyder Garage

Glad (or not) to hear that I'm not the only one. My first thought was that the screen was going bad. But computer issues does sound more like the culprit. I will keep a photo on my phone in case it happens again so I can talk to the dealer.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ollicat View Post
    Glad (or not) to hear that I'm not the only one. My first thought was that the screen was going bad. But computer issues does sound more like the culprit. I will keep a photo on my phone in case it happens again so I can talk to the dealer.
    I have learned to always re-move the key from the ignition and I leave it on the instrument display.... The computers will do a complete re-boot ..... good luck .... Mike