Spyder Garage

Default Anyone using a newer Tom Tom GPS?

Is there anyone out there using a newer model of the Tom Tom GPS. Previously I have run a Garmin which I discarded because the display was not adjustable and was too dim to read in bright sunlight. I know the new models of Garmin are supposed to be better. I have been using guidance on my smart phone but it quits whenever there isn't a cell signal. Looking at the Tom Tom Go Comfort 6" GPS but hesitate to try something untested.
    Bartender
    2022 Spyder Sea to Sky

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I only use my smartphone as I have TomTom app as well as Sygic and Genius Maps. I used to have Garmin but they stopped offering it a few years ago due to many going the free route with Google Maps or Waze. TomTom, Sygic and Genius are all OFFLINE capable which means they work with no cell or WiFi.

There are sunshades for GPS units and even for phones. Since I have one of the newer Spyder models, I use the phone in the dash. Works great.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

I used a Tom Tom Rider for several years, and I loved it. I switched to a newer version (Tom Tom Rider 550) back in October. It has several features that the older unit did not; the most significant is WiFi updates.

It can be difficult to operate until you get used to it. There is an app that links to your phone which provides several additional options. The feature I like best is the "ride statistics" as it will tell you how far you've ridden (distance and time), max and average speed too. I would recommend to anyone, especially as it is cheaper than most of the other options that I have seen.

--Exco

Spyder Garage

I use the mydrive software (here in Europe) on my (windows) PC to plan a route and send it over wlan to my TomTom "classic" where I can open it - it has a a lot of possibilities, you can change from car to biker routes also...
    I use the normal TomTom Car-Models - much cheaper ( 100,-) and no problems - only when it rains very strong I put it in my pocket ...

https://mydrive.tomtom.com/en_gb/#mo...,13,0,-0+ver=3

https://www.amazon.com/-/de/dp/B07Q1...s%2C155&sr=8-2
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 06-24-2022 at 07:42 AM. Reason: ...tys,.. +...
    Outlander fairing - Fox-shock - BajaRon Swaybar - Hankook tire/ back - 165/50 Imperial tires front & longer front shocks - GIVI Topase - Shad sidecases -heated grips - new seats