Spyder Garage

Default Baja Ron Sway Bar - Misplaced Spacer - any ideas for short term replacements?

Morning everyone,

I finally got around to installing my new sway bar. All went well up to the point where I lost/misplaced one of the aluminum spacers.

Does anyone have a creative solution to address this without having to wait for a new spacer (assuming I can obtain one)?

I have an email into Baja Ron as well to see how I can obtain a replacement, but looking for alternatives in the mean time.

2019 F3T and located in Ontario, Canada.

Spyder Garage

Let me look and see if I have an extra laying around OR take one down to the hardware store and see if they have one.
    2005 Roadtrek Chevy 210P
    2020 RT Limited-Chalk White SE6

Spyder Garage

Have you tried calling Ron?
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyderguru View Post
    Morning everyone,

I finally got around to installing my new sway bar. All went well up to the point where I lost/misplaced one of the aluminum spacers.

Does anyone have a creative solution to address this without having to wait for a new spacer (assuming I can obtain one)?

I have an email into Baja Ron as well to see how I can obtain a replacement, but looking for alternatives in the mean time.

2019 F3T and located in Ontario, Canada.
    I imagine you could duplicate the spacer with a series of washers. You'll need a few small ones to fit right against the link and then one or two larger ones to fit against the bolt head.

Just a thought, I could be wrong.

On the other hand, Ron is very excellent, I'm sure he could get you the spacer pretty quick as soon as he sees your email.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Just an update…Ron and company have been awesome in getting me a replacement. Great service!

As as side note, I was able to figure out a temporary work around thanks to my local hardware store. I installed a 1/4” brass compression sleeve and it seems to work while waiting on the proper part. It’s a bit wider than the proper part, but it seems to be working. Cost me $0.35.

Took the bike for a test ride. Wow what a difference!