Spyder Garage

Default Is there a way to Lower OEM passenger foot pegs?

Does anyone know of any aftermarket brackets made to lower the passenger foot pegs? Suspect I'll have to try a local machine shop, but that might be more expensive than I want. Thought I'd see if anyone has any ideas or creative methods.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 06-21-2022 at 09:12 PM. Reason: Removed Prefix - this is a 'How do I?' not a 'How to:' DIY explanation....
    Two Wheelers from 1963-2011

Three Wheelers:
    2011 RT(Red)
    2014 RT(white)
    2016 F3T(red)
    2022 RT current ride(silver)

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ulflyer View Post
    Does anyone know of any aftermarket brackets made to lower the passenger foot pegs? Suspect I'll have to try a local machine shop, but that might be more expensive than I want. Thought I'd see if anyone has any ideas or creative methods.
    So if I understand you .... someone who will ride with you has really long legs ...... I'll go and take a look .... Anything is possible ..... I once designed a multi-positional footrest System on a GS for a friend .... His son had Short legs and Had to have footrests to be Legal to ride ..... Mike .... OK I looked it over ..... and I Believe it's doable ..... HOW ? .... carefully drill a hole ( same size as OEM bolt )below the current footrest SLOT .... it will NOT be height adjustable if done this way and you will two other holes for extended bolts to prevent the footrest angle from changing ..... It would be possible to extend the OEM one, but that would be complicated, and it would make the footrests move a bit further apart than they now are ...... good luck .... Mike
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 06-21-2022 at 09:34 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    So if I understand you .... someone who will ride with you has really long legs ...... I'll go and take a look .... Anything is possible ..... I once designed a multi-positional footrest System on a GS for a friend .... His son had Short legs and Had to have footrests to be Legal to ride ..... Mike .... OK I looked it over ..... and I Believe it's doable ..... HOW ? .... carefully drill a hole ( same size as OEM bolt )below the current footrest SLOT .... it will NOT be height adjustable if done this way and you will two other holes for extended bolts to prevent the footrest angle from changing ..... It would be possible to extend the OEM one, but that would be complicated, and it would make the footrests move a bit further apart than they now are ...... good luck .... Mike
    Thanks Mike, I'll take a close look at that method, but just off the top, I don't think it would lower them as much as I'd like. My intention is to have the pegs lower 'enough that I can prop my feet back there occasionally just to give my legs a change. I currently have Lemontster foot rests far forward, and I don't want to change that. However, this leaves a fairly large space between the rear of these foot rests back to the passenger peg.

Three Wheelers:
    2011 RT(Red)
    2014 RT(white)
    2016 F3T(red)

Spyder Garage

Thanks Mike, I'll take a close look at that method, but just off the top, I don't think it would lower them as much as I'd like. My intention is to have the pegs lower 'enough that I can prop my feet back there occasionally just to give my legs a change. I currently have Lemontster foot rests far forward, and I don't want to change that. However, this leaves a fairly large space between the rear of these foot rests back to the passenger peg.
    OK ... this info helps ....... I apologize for not seeing that you have an .... F3-T .... So dis-regard everything I told about modifying the way I said ...... It probably wouldn't work ..... good luick .... Mike

Spyder Garage

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

Thanks Troop, I watched that video and have an idea ..... It involves having some floorboards ..... If you have them .... hey could be extended/ lengthened to the rear.... or make your own from 1/4 in. alumin. diamond plate. ..... just a thought .... good luck .... Mike

Spyder Garage

Thanks Troop, I watched that video and have an idea ..... It involves having some floorboards ..... If you have them .... hey could be extended/ lengthened to the rear.... or make your own from 1/4 in. alumin. diamond plate. ..... just a thought .... good luck .... Mike
    A couple years ago, I made my own set out of BMX pedals and some H-D mounts altered for metric bolts. Worked well for my 36" inseam. Not too bad for $35
    Attached Images Attached Images

2022 RT Sea To Sky

Spyder Garage

https://www.lamonstergarage.com/can-...y-trident-blk/

These look like they are made for the rear, Then use the 3rd peg arms for length

T.P.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by troop View Post
    A couple years ago, I made my own set out of BMX pedals and some H-D mounts altered for metric bolts. Worked well for my 36" inseam. Not too bad for $35
    What is that long hex head bolt holding? Have been unable to access the fiche to see what that bolt is holding together, but after reading the above inputs, I think I can also make an additional footrest that would work for me, but don't want to cause a problem when I remove the bolt. .

Three Wheelers:
    2011 RT(Red)
    2014 RT(white)
    2016 F3T(red)

Spyder Garage

What is that long hex head bolt holding? Have been unable to access the fiche to see what that bolt is holding together, but after reading the above inputs, I think I can also make an additional footrest that would work for me, but don't want to cause a problem when I remove the bolt. .
    I used to use CHEAPCYCLEPARTS ..... they went out of business ... the FICHE's are here ....canamoemparts.com ..... good luck ... Mike

Spyder Garage

Maybe this is what you want. Not sure if these will fit Spyder peg mounts. There was an extension made for the original GS/RS. Spyder passenger pegs but I haven’t seen them for years.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/38450722686...mis&media=COPY

"Stupid is as Stupid does"
    Don't Drink and Drive or Ryde!
    Each Day is a Gift

Spyder Garage

I used to use CHEAPCYCLEPARTS ..... they went out of business ... the FICHE's are here ....canamoemparts.com ..... good luck ... Mike
    Thanks Mike. Have bookmarked it for future use.

Three Wheelers:
    2011 RT(Red)
    2014 RT(white)
    2016 F3T(red)

Spyder Garage

No worries. Nothing will fall/collapse upon removal.

2022 RT Sea To Sky

Spyder Garage

Thanks Troop. Took them out just to see what was involved, with idea of making a footrest, but decided to just order a set from Lamonster and be done with it. Too hot out in shed to mess with it.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 06-25-2022 at 05:38 PM. Reason: Lemonster?!? :-/ ;-)

Three Wheelers:
    2011 RT(Red)
    2014 RT(white)
    2016 F3T(red)