Spyder Garage

Default Anybody found a cure to Bluetooth locking up? 2018+ Spyders

I know I'm not the only one experiencing this, I've seen it in other threads. Bluetooth music works fine for 11/2 to 2hrs and then the music stops and you are locked up! You can move the on screen selector to FM but it won't work. Only answer so far is to pull over, shut down, and restart. Had bike checked for needed updates and none. I did notice the last time that my independent gps plugged into glove box usb, it showed the lost power message at same time the tunes stopped. I know it's not a real common problem cause I don't see a lot about it, but it did it on my 18 and now on the 20. Different bikes, different phones, same issue. Anybody found a cure? Android phones btw.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 06-21-2022 at 05:00 PM. Reason: Briefly stated question in the title, & added spaces after ,'s & .'s ;-)
    2020RTL

Spyder Garage

Go in to the battery manager, find your music app and set it not to go to sleep.
    2021 Syder RT Limited

Spyder Garage

I will check that, thanks. Seems to me tho that I can play on other bt devices with no time limit but worth a check for sure!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 06-21-2022 at 09:44 PM. Reason: ' 's
    2020RTL

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by shardt View Post
    Go in to the battery manager, find your music app and set it not to go to sleep.
    Daaaayyyaaaammmmm Can't believe I didn't think of that, I was so bummed my music would cut out while on long road trips and never thought it was the phone's battery management....
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

Similar with phones used as iPods set lock screen to never. (At least pre 18 with cable plug in)

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

I did disable my phones battery management but the u tube music app has it's own optimizer that I couldn't. None the less I did do a 2hr ride yesterday and the tunes stayed on! Thank you!
    2020RTL

Spyder Garage

I never found a way to recover the bluetooth once it locked up. I pulled to the side of the road several times and tried for 30+ minutes. I would eventually have to turn the bike off and on to recover. It really sucks when you're in a group ride - "Hey can everyone pull over while I reset my audio.......again!", or heaven forbid, I ride for a few hours without muisc.

Eventually I gave up entirely on the BRP audio system. I just pair my headset straight to the phone and got allot of great benefits.

1. Turns on much faster without the bike involved
    2. Driver & Passenger get separate audio streams (aka I don't have to listen to country).
    3. Get to continue listening to music when I stop to gas up
    4. Sena voice recognition triggers work (bike bluetooth didn't pass them on)
    5. Dependable

2019 RT Limited
    Last edited by ClayJ; 08-13-2022 at 08:52 PM. Reason: bike details

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Just do a YouTube search for “Bluetooth connectivity problems” and you’ll find all kinds of Bluetooth issues with not only iPhones but also with Androids. I have learned to shut my phone off once or twice a month and I rarely have problems.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?fbclid=I...u.be&fs=e&s=cl
    Last edited by Flamewinger; 08-14-2022 at 12:18 PM.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red