Spyder Garage

Question Headlights Stopped working!! Any fix ideas/suggestions?

I don’t ride a lot at night so I do not know when this actually started. Both front headlights and mirror running lights are not working. There is also no actuator noise when toggling the HI/LO switch. I have checked the fuses and relays in the frunk and under the seat. Voltage shows 14v at idle. Not sure where to dig in next. Only electrical mod I have done is adding the LED strips to the fenders and replacing the fender running light bulbs with the appropriate LED bulbs.
    Thanks in advance!!
    2011 Spyder RTS
    ****UPDATE*** Making progress! Swapped relays around and got the headlights to work.
    Last edited by erinfire703; 06-20-2022 at 08:18 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I think there is a relay for the headlights. I don't know that model though.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

I am curious, Did you get the mirror running lights back?

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Bad Relay ? ?

Quote Originally Posted by erinfire703 View Post
    I don’t ride a lot at night so I do not know when this actually started. Both front headlights and mirror running lights are not working. There is also no actuator noise when toggling the HI/LO switch. I have checked the fuses and relays in the frunk and under the seat. Voltage shows 14v at idle. Not sure where to dig in next. Only electrical mod I have done is adding the LED strips to the fenders and replacing the fender running light bulbs with the appropriate LED bulbs.
    Thanks in advance!!
    2011 Spyder RTS
    ****UPDATE*** Making progress! Swapped relays around and got the headlights to work.
    What was your final fix?
    A bad relay(s)?
    Corrosion on the contacts?
    Or something else?

Thanks for the Heads Up. ......
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

I have a 2012 rts same problem no headlights tried relay swap check fuses no fix. What’s next

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by swbmagnum6 View Post
    I have a 2012 rts same problem no headlights tried relay swap check fuses no fix. What’s next
    Do hear the shutters clunk when you switch between hi and lo?

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)