Thread: My Ryker Report

Spyder Garage

Default My Ryker Report

Time for a little ride report. I'm 68 and have owned all kind of motorcycles and trikes. As far as trikes I have owned 3 Spyders and 1 RT, 99 1500 Goldwing trike, and just sold my 97 Honda Valkyrie trike. Things I've done so far on the Ryker. Added 1" spacer rear shock, put 400 mm front shocks with springs from a 08 GS Spyder. Added a trunk with brake light. Installed 2 car horns. 2" handlebar risers. It has the comfort seat on it. Good seat, but will be replaced with a Ultimate seat. Rode 100 miles today on a route that I have traveled on all of my bikes. Love the automatic. Bike preformed flawlessly and was able to take any curve 6 to 8 mph faster than any of my other trikes. Probably even faster. Nanny never kicked in. Really like this bike and was less tired on it than my 97 Valkyrie trike. I find the regular trikes, 2 rear wheels, steering to be heavy compared to the Ryker. Had to learn again on riding the Ryker. So much easier. On a scale of 1-10 I give it a 9.2. That will go up once I install the new seat. Would I buy it again, yes! Also added the Adventure windshield.

20220616_162926_Film4.jpg
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 06-19-2022 at 01:47 AM. Reason: ...n,y... & attach display posn. ;-)

Spyder Garage

sounds great - could you tell us what kind of shocks did you install ??
    Outlander fairing - Fox-shock - BajaRon Swaybar - Hankook tire/ back - 165/50 Imperial tires front & longer front shocks - GIVI Topase - Shad sidecases -heated grips - new seats

Spyder Garage

400mm ATV Motorcycle Rear Shock Absorber Air Suspension For Honda Suzuki Yamaha from E Bay. Also had to buy 4 10mm shock bushings. The shocks I bought had 12mm eyes.
    Davidimage (1).jpg

Spyder Garage

Sounds like you’ve done a lot of great work.
    I’d be interested to know what spacer you used for the rear shock.

I’ve looked at a lot of the off-the-shelf shock extenders on Amazon, Ebay and even AliExpress.
    Difficult to tell how robust they are for a “critical” suspension component that will take a fair bit of hammering.

Spyder Garage

I used a 2" schdule 80 pipe and made the piece 1" long. I wouldn't go no more than 1". Even 3/4" long would work.
    David

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TonyS View Post
    I’d be interested to know what spacer you used for the rear shock.
    I’ve looked at a lot of the off-the-shelf shock extenders on Amazon, Ebay and even AliExpress.
    Difficult to tell how robust they are for a “critical” suspension component that will take a fair bit of hammering.
    you can order that now from "Spyder Extras" .. seems they build the same model that I got in Italy !!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 06-21-2022 at 05:11 PM. Reason: model + ;-)
    Outlander fairing - Fox-shock - BajaRon Swaybar - Hankook tire/ back - 165/50 Imperial tires front & longer front shocks - GIVI Topase - Shad sidecases -heated grips - new seats

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by chris56 View Post
    you can order that now from "Spyder Extras" .. seems they build the same model that I got in Italy !!
    Where did you find it. I have been all over the web trying to find something like that.
    David
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 06-21-2022 at 05:11 PM. Reason: Fixed quote display

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Warlock View Post
    Where did you find it. I have been all over the web trying to find something like that.
    David
    they wrote this yesterday on Facebook ..
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Nice - I like that. Think that might be an upgrade sometime in the future.
    Ryker Rally 2022 - customized into a very special one of a kind touring edition .
    H&R swaybar + end links - F4 16" windshield - warning lights - scuff plate - jockey shifter - Commander floorboards - - Big Eye mirrors - BLR overflow - Spyderextras driver backrest - custom build racks - MoskoMoto backcountry panniers & Givi topcase