Spyder Garage

Default After advice on Slingmods JBL Audio System on an F3?

Does anyone have the Slingmods JBL Audio System on their F3? Any idea if it will fit with the Blueridge windshield? How is the volume? Much bass to it? Thanks

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Maynard View Post
    Does anyone have the Slingmods JBL Audio System on their F3? Any idea if it will fit with the Blueridge windshield? How is the volume? Much bass to it? Thanks
    Just installed a set yesterday. Got a set online for $160 and spent another $10 for install hardware. Haven't connected them to the battery yet, as I will be installing a Lamonster Motohorn 2.0 today. I expect "good enough" local-suburban results, but not so much above 60mph. I expect little/no bass. They work with my Madstad shield, can't help with any info on the Blueridge. I also have bluetooth speakers in my helmets. I'll update later this afternoon.
    ** Can save a bit of $$ now as Slingmods is having a 10% off SpyderExtra accessories. **
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by troop; 06-18-2022 at 01:04 PM.

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

OK ... Did some riding yesterday. This set up will be adequate for speeds up to 55-ish mph, and that's fine by me. Wearing a 3/4 style helmet actually helps in hearing the audio by blocking out the wind noise. Full face helmet with shield down blocks too much audio. Anything above 60mph and I will use my helmet speakers. Being 6'3", it is nice to be able to pivot the speakers for my listening level. Plus, the pods blend in nicely, looking more factory than add on. The volume buttons are quite a reach on the F3. I installed a 2nd mount on my left side handlebar to mount my IPod Touch. Between this (2K song library) and my center mount phone placement (IHeart radio), I have easy/convenient reach for volume control. Is it worth it? Only you can decide, based upon your needs. For the $265 msrp, I'd say no. For the current sale price of $240, I'd say maybe. For $160 + $10 in hardware, I'd say certainly. My .02
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by troop; 06-19-2022 at 09:35 AM. Reason: 55sh - 55-ish ;-)

2022 RT Sea To Sky

Spyder Garage

Hey Troop, thank you for the info. Let’s see: price check, install advice, road testing and volume reach solution, quite the 2 Indian heads. Mind if I ask where you found these for $160? Are those used?
    Thanks again.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Maynard View Post
    Hey Troop, thank you for the info. Let’s see: price check, install advice, road testing and volume reach solution, quite the 2 Indian heads. Mind if I ask where you found these for $160? Are those used?
    Thanks again.
    New.. Sonic Electronix accepted $160. Not $155

2022 RT Sea To Sky

Spyder Garage

I have had my JBL speakers for 3 months now and I will say they are lacking in volume and bass. When sitting still they are perfect but when u get 50 mph and above u can't hear jack stuffing. I wish I had the ssv they are sooo much louder and I think I will save and get those in the near future.