Spyder Garage

Default 2020+ RT To Comfort Seat or Not to Comfort Seat

I am looking for some information regarding the heated comfort seat for my 2022 RT Limited.
    I just killed the deal on my Sea to Sky because in my opinion it is Butt Ugly compared to the Limited models.
    Anyhow enough with that comment, What I am looking for is anyone who has a 2020+ RT that they put the heated comfort seat on their bike. Is it really worth the $1000.00? What are the differences between the stock Limited Seat and the Comfort Seat? I realize that the Sea to Sky seat has a memory foam top to make the ride more comfortable especially on long rides. Does the comfort seat have the memory foam in it as well?

Any info you can give me would be greatly appreciated before I drop a grand or not.

Thanks
    2022 RT Limited , Silver w/ Black and Purple accents

Spyder Garage

Just throwing this out there, assuming that you have the heated seats already, why not install Motorcycle Dave's gel/memory foam inserts to them?

Thats what I did and couldn't be happier.
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Just remember, what makes one butt happy doesn't generally make every butt happy. There are a number of quality seat makers out there. Do a search on this site as there is a lot of discussion regarding aftermarket seats by folks who have happy butts. Good luck and hope you find one that fits.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The comfort seat just moves your seating position rearward 2" on earlier RTs. Not sure about the later ones.
    Last edited by UtahPete; 06-18-2022 at 06:06 PM.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    The comfort seat just moves your seating position rearward 2"
    I don’t believe the comfort seat on the ‘20+ RT models moves you back, Pete. I looked at all the seating options to get more room when I bought my ‘21 RT. It also has a memory foam layer and is shaped slightly differently to the stock RT seat. Regardless, I found the comfort seat just as uncomfortable after 30 minutes as the stock seat.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Every time I see that title:

2020+ RT To Comfort Seat or Not to Comfort Seat

I immediately think (& my apologies to Will Shakespeare )

Ay, therein lies the rub!

Rub! Comfort seats... or not... and they rub!! . .

Sorry, I just hadta! . She made me do it!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I know that with earlier models anyway folks in search of a better saddle have looked at after-market options like Corbin or Ultimate. Or, to save money, look for a used comfort seat.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

2021 RTL Wife sat on a comfort seat and a regular at a dealer's. She liked the memory foam better so that made it worth the extra cost. I like it too, but her setter is more sensitive than mine.
    "Love 'em all.... Let GOD sort 'em out!"
    2021 RTL Dark Chalk Metallic with comfort seat
    1978 GL1000 w/'75 engine show bike
    1976 RD400c

Spyder Garage

Thanks to all for your input. I am going to stay with the stock limited seat for now and put a couple thousand miles on it before I look to make a change.
    2022 RT Limited , Silver w/ Black and Purple accents

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by campermac View Post
    Thanks to all for your input. I am going to stay with the stock limited seat for now and put a couple thousand miles on it before I look to make a change.
    Good idea.

Spyder Garage

It will break in some with use, and in the meantime when you're out and about if you run across another rider that has a different saddle ask them what they think! You're on a mission that only you can decide, it's your butt, and your ride!!! I have changed twice, did the gel pad, and swapped it for a second hand comfort seat - am I pleased yet, not really; it's better, but still not great! My next leap would be to haul my wallet out and go to a custom shop and have one built!! That's my two cents!! Good Luck!!!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 06-19-2022 at 05:25 AM. Reason: you're ;-)
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

I have a 2020 RT and I completed the 5 state run in Oklahoma. That weekend I put on 900 miles round trip and my Donkey was ready to fall off due to the stock seat. My buddy has a 2022 with BRP comfort seat and he loves it. I wasn't going to pay 1K for a seat so I ended up finding one on EBAY for $700 and I am loving it as well. It is definitely thicker on both front and rear seats. If the wife is happy I'm happy. Heck, if you watch an item on Ebay for a seat, that dealer usually sends you a $30 to $50 off offer within a day or two. Otherwise the AirHawk pad is a cheaper answer.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 06-19-2022 at 08:09 AM. Reason: of - off ;-)

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Comfort seat

So is the comfort seat really worth it?… I have a 2021 RT Limited… Wife and I are wondering if it’s worth $1000 over the stock seat?

Spyder Garage

I also switched to the heated comfort seat on my 2020 RTL. I find it much more comfortable than the stock seat, and I thought the STS seat was hard as a rock. I've got over 37000 miles on this seat and have never once felt like I had to stop because of seat discomfort. For me, the maximum riding distance is determined by the fuel tank and the desire to remove my helmet for a few minutes.
    2020 RT Limited Deep Marsala Chrome

2020 RT Limited , Marsala Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by campermac View Post
    I have 2019 RTL with stock seat. I just put on the Air Hawk seat cushion (because of the overwhelming good reviews here) and I am Very Happy with it. Only have put on a couple hundred miles - but this is a viable cheap option.
    2019 RTL Asphalt Gray
    2019 RT Limited , Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rockdog View Post
    So is the comfort seat really worth it?… I have a 2021 RT Limited… Wife and I are wondering if it’s worth $1000 over the stock seat?
    Rockdog, unfortunately, this is an unanswerable question for anyone but you. You will never know if the comfort seat works for your and your wife’s particular body shape until you try it yourself. I used to do that, and have tried and sold many brands over the years. Corbin, Mustang, Sargeant, Ultimate, BRP Cannonball as they simply didn’t work for me (and yes, lost money every time).

I gave up that approach and now factor the cost of a custom Russell Daylong or Seth Laam into my purchase price for every new bike. I have never had a Daylong that has not given me all day comfort from day 1, and no more looking to offload seats that simply don’t work for me……actually, I did have one Daylong that didn’t work. I sent it back, they reviewed it, found they hadn’t measured correctly, recut it and returned it. It was perfect.

This approach isn’t for everybody, as you have to either send your stock seat in to be remodelled, or find a cheap 2nd hand stock seat to send in. But for me, this is ONLY solution that I can guarantee works every time.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

WE changed to the Can Am Comfort Seat and it was a worthwhile investment as for the increased comfort. The seating position is the same and the front of the rear seat does not have the LIMITED embroidery but we do recommend it as a comfort upgrade.

Spyder Garage

I have the RT base but changed to the comfort seat because I read it was so much better. Well, it is a little better, but it is still not as comfortable as I'd like it. I, for now, ended up buying a sheepskin cover which makes it a little more bearable. I still though can only ride about 2 hours at a time. I want to save for either a Corbin seat or a Russell-Daylong seat. I just don't want the ride any higher and I think both of those seats add height.
    2021 RT Base - Petrol Blue