Spyder Garage

Default Parking brake stays on when brake released! Where to start?

2014 RTS SE6

Just started this morning - the parking brake is working normally, but the tryke doesn't seem to know that. The parking brake light stays on whether the brake is on or not, and when I park it, activate the brake and turn off the key, I get the 30 seconds or so of beeping like the brake isn't on, but it is.

I'm at work now so I haven't looked into it, just thought I'd ask for suggestions on where to start.
    2014 RT-S Orange - LED headlights/driving lights, LED under mirror turns, LED brake/run lights along trunk and saddlebags, LED third brake light, LED turn bulb replacements, Magic Mirrors, Voltmeter, Oil PSI gauge, heated gear connection, BRP backrest, dash Mount USB plug, Lamonster belt tensioner, Baja Ron sway bar, NBV highway pegs, BRP arm rests M2 suspension.
    2014 RT-S , Orange

Spyder Garage

My defect was for the parking brake windshield board failure under the windshield ⁹

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Wahrsuul View Post
    2014 RTS SE6

Just started this morning - the parking brake is working normally, but the tryke doesn't seem to know that. The parking brake light stays on whether the brake is on or not, and when I park it, activate the brake and turn off the key, I get the 30 seconds or so of beeping like the brake isn't on, but it is.

I'm at work now so I haven't looked into it, just thought I'd ask for suggestions on where to start.
    I've encountered this quite a few times...... If I let the computer re-boot, it goes away ..... good luck .... Mike

Spyder Garage

check the parking brake pressure switch. located on rt side. Need to remove plastic. Its a micro switch with a contact arm which rides on the parking brake actuator pully. The contact arm may be compromised.

Spyder Garage

I was at work when I posted that, so the tryke was off for about 6 hours or so. It was still doing the same thing when I got home. I didn't get around to looking at it till Monday morning. Got all the appropriate plastic off and expected to see the brake switch broken or mangled. To my surprise everything was in place. Turned it on and tried the brake a few times - and it works correctly. Dang it, I hate when that happens. No idea what was going on, but it's fine so far.
    2014 RT-S Orange - LED headlights/driving lights, LED under mirror turns, LED brake/run lights along trunk and saddlebags, LED third brake light, LED turn bulb replacements, Magic Mirrors, Voltmeter, Oil PSI gauge, heated gear connection, BRP backrest, dash Mount USB plug, Lamonster belt tensioner, Baja Ron sway bar, NBV highway pegs, BRP arm rests M2 suspension.
    2014 RT-S , Orange