Spyder Garage

Default Anyone haul 2 RTLs or F3Ls? Utility or Cargo trailers?

Planning on a trip from Texas to California to ride PC1 south to north into BC in August. Typically we ride wherever we have gone before - SD, Montana and east coast to Boston but this year we are trailering the bikes will save us a full day to and from to get more riding days up the West Coast.

Comments and pics of both bikes loaded on what size trailer would be appreciated. I know I can both bikes on a 7x18’ or 7x20’ but does anyone have pics and experience loading on a 16’ utility or enclosed?

Tried the tape in the driveway method but real world experience would be helpful.

Thanks!

Spyder Garage

Not sure a 16 foot trailer would work. We use a 7x18 v-nose enclosed trailer to transport our two F3Ls. It gives us a little bit of room so I'm not worried about them rubbing on anything. We use straps on four locations on each bike and they don't move at all.
    Dave....

2016 Red/Black F3T w/ Audio
    Bajha Ron Swaybar, BRP driving lights
    F4 Windshield, Ultimate Tallboy Seat
    BRP Passenger Backrest
    Custom Dynamics fender lights
    Tricled Rear Bag lights w/ Flashing Brake Modulator
    Wolo Horn, Lamonster's Bungee Buttons
    Spyderpops Bumper Skid

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DanY View Post
    Planning on a trip from Texas to California to ride PC1 south to north into BC in August. Typically we ride wherever we have gone before - SD, Montana and east coast to Boston but this year we are trailering the bikes will save us a full day to and from to get more riding days up the West Coast.

Comments and pics of both bikes loaded on what size trailer would be appreciated. I know I can both bikes on a 7x18’ or 7x20’ but does anyone have pics and experience loading on a 16’ utility or enclosed?

Tried the tape in the driveway method but real world experience would be helpful.

Thanks!
    Our 6' by 12' Big Tex 35SA utility trailer works great behind my 2007 Chevy Avalanche. I made mods to accommodate the 2014 RTL.

Big Tex with Spyder.jpg .
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 06-17-2022 at 07:17 PM. Reason: Fixed attach display
    2014 RTL bought in 3/20 with only 6,000 mi.
    Came with Garmin 660
    Car tires in 5/20; Elka stage 2 front shocks in 10/21

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MNBK View Post
    Not sure a 16 foot trailer would work. We use a 7x18 v-nose enclosed trailer to transport our two F3Ls. It gives us a little bit of room so I'm not worried about them rubbing on anything. We use straps on four locations on each bike and they don't move at all.
    MNBK

Is your enclosed trailer 18' + the V nose or including the V nose?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by redrazor View Post
    Our 6' by 12' Big Tex 35SA utility trailer works great behind my 2007 Chevy Avalanche. I made mods to accommodate the 2014 RTL.

Big Tex with Spyder.jpg .
    redrazor,

I have a 7'x12' enclosed trailer I've used for years for my Spyder; but now needing something to haul two Spyders with.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 06-17-2022 at 07:19 PM. Reason: Fixed quote display

Spyder Garage

Also wondering if anyone has loaded 2 Spyders atop a tilting car hauler.

How were you able to load both before the bed tilts back to its horizontal position?

Spyder Garage

Ours is 18 feet with the v nose included in the length. We back them in so that the trunk of the second one is over the first ones nose.
    Dave....

2016 Red/Black F3T w/ Audio
    Bajha Ron Swaybar, BRP driving lights
    F4 Windshield, Ultimate Tallboy Seat
    BRP Passenger Backrest
    Custom Dynamics fender lights
    Tricled Rear Bag lights w/ Flashing Brake Modulator
    Wolo Horn, Lamonster's Bungee Buttons
    Spyderpops Bumper Skid

Spyder Garage

I use a 7x14 open utility trailer for our 2 RT's. Drive the first one on with the nose in one of the corners, then slide the rear to the opposite side. Then back the 2nd one on with the rear up along side the first, at the opposite angle. Works great
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mazo EMS2 View Post
    I use a 7x14 open utility trailer for our 2 RT's. Drive the first one on with the nose in one of the corners, then slide the rear to the opposite side. Then back the 2nd one on with the rear up along side the first, at the opposite angle. Works great
    Do you remove the windshield for the backed on RTL because of the wind?