Spyder Garage

Default Cowl install - any idea what these bolts & spacers are for?

Just got my F3S but in prepping it, the dealer forgot to install the cowling. They subsequently shipped it to me and it readily goes where the passenger seat was. It also came with some hardware to eliminate the grab rails but I elected to keep them on. It also came with two bolts about 2 inches long, two nuts encased in plastic, two washers and two aluminum cylinders about 1 1/4 inches long. I have no idea what purpose they serve and the limited documentation I got from the dealer makes no mention of them. Any ideas would be appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Have you checked here?
    https://instructions.brp.com/e-instruction.html#tab=1

Just punch in the 10 digit SKU and you should be able to find instructions
    RiderDuke

My Ride
    2021 Glacial Blue Metallic F3-T

Very Active Member CloverHillCrawler's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I Believe those are inserts for where the brass foot peg inserts go when you remove your passenger foot pegs/floorboards and replace with your trim.

I had these in mine when I replaced the cowl with the seat (removed for seat and replaced with the brass inserts).

If you no longer have the triangular trim piece that goes behind the footpeg you don't need to worry about these.
    Last edited by CloverHillCrawler; 06-17-2022 at 07:17 AM.

2020 F3 SE6

Safety and Lighting: LED Headlight upgrade, IPS LED Fog lights, Show Chrome LED Fender Signals, LED Signature Light, Tric LED Afterburnerz, MotoHorn 2.0

Suspension: Wilbers Front and Rear Shocks, BajaRon Sway Bar, Vredestein Quatrac Front and Rear Tires

Comfort: Blue Ridge Windshield, Corbin Dual Touring Saddle, Ultimate Floorboards, OEM Passenger Backrest with Rear Shelf, OEM Passenger Floorboards Modified with High Risers from Pierre

Tackform Center Mount Phone Holder w/ rapid charging USB-C.
    2020 F3 , Black

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by CloverHillCrawler View Post
    I Believe those are inserts for where the brass foot peg inserts go when you remove your passenger foot pegs/floorboards and replace with your trim.

I had these in mine when I replaced the cowl with the seat (removed for seat and replaced with the brass inserts).

If you no longer have the triangular trim piece that goes behind the footpeg you don't need to worry about these.
    Thank you for your reply - it makes sense now that you have pointed it out. I’m leaving the passenger foot pegs on for the very few times I have a passenger.