Spyder Garage

Default 2017 RT Limited GPS Re-Location to above dash - who makes the mount?

Greetings,

I just acquired a 2017 RT Limited with the Zumo 590. It is mounted by ignition key. I'd like to move it so that the GPS would more in my line of sight above the instrument cluster. I've seen this done. However, I can't remember the name of the company who makes this possible. There is a black metal bar that is fastened by the two screws in the instrument cluster cover. What is the name of that company? Any other hurdles that could pop-up? I can see the GPS cable routing as one problem. Thank you in advance for any help or advice.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 06-15-2022 at 06:56 PM. Reason: Removed Prefix - not engine/size related & briefly stated question in title ;-)

Spyder Garage

JT (something) I bought that water jet bracket. Then I made a block to extend farther out to hold cradle that was on handlebars. Sorry don't remember last part of name.
    There is older posts on this , somewhere 2018 timeframe

https://spyderstore.com/index.php?route=common/home

Found it!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 06-16-2022 at 12:35 AM.
    2015 Spyder RT Ltd- bUrp - only add the "U", 2010 Honda NT700V-red,2010 Honda NT700V-silver retired @201,111 miles, 1997 Honda PC800, 1996 Honda PC800, Honda CT500, Honda Shadow 500, 1978 Suzuki GS550, 1973 Suzuki TC125, other assorted smaller bikes, Suzuki TM400

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rickmoen View Post
    Greetings,

I just acquired a 2017 RT Limited with the Zumo 590. It is mounted by ignition key. I'd like to move it so that the GPS would more in my line of sight above the instrument cluster. I've seen this done. However, I can't remember the name of the company who makes this possible. There is a black metal bar that is fastened by the two screws in the instrument cluster cover. What is the name of that company? Any other hurdles that could pop-up? I can see the GPS cable routing as one problem. Thank you in advance for any help or advice.
    https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...ighlight=mount

Look at post #3
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by EdMat View Post
    Great! Thank you so much.

Spyder Garage

Yeah, I've got that on mine, the antenna for the XM was on it. Now it's empty as I haven't found anything to put on it.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 06-17-2022 at 06:57 PM. Reason: I'bve ;-)
    2014 RT-S Orange - LED headlights/driving lights, LED under mirror turns, LED brake/run lights along trunk and saddlebags, LED third brake light, LED turn bulb replacements, Magic Mirrors, Voltmeter, Oil PSI gauge, heated gear connection, BRP backrest, dash Mount USB plug, Lamonster belt tensioner, Baja Ron sway bar, NBV highway pegs, BRP arm rests M2 suspension.
    2014 RT-S , Orange