Spyder Garage

Default 2013 CAN-AM SPYDER ST - Stalling

Hi, my gf Spyder originally went to the shop with a check engine code P1174, Other than that it was running fine. Code = Too lean Bank 2. She thinks she may not have had the gas tank cap on properly. After 3 weeks in the shop and many parts later it is now stalling. Changed purge valve, replaced some vacuum hoses, spark plugs, fuel filter, air filter, intake manifolds, air intake boots, o rings, intake flange. In the meantime it had codes P1171 and P1172 come up. They were going to test ride it over the next few days and if it still stalls and they suggest the next step is to replace the entire throttle body assembly which apparently is pretty pricey.

Anyone ever gone down the path of this type of Spyder with stall issues? Will replacing the throttle body assembly fix this?
    The machine has less than 25,000 miles (38,000km) on it.
    Any sage advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by skywalker View Post
    Hi, my gf Spyder originally went to the shop with a check engine code P1174, Other than that it was running fine. Code = Too lean Bank 2. She thinks she may not have had the gas tank cap on properly. After 3 weeks in the shop and many parts later it is now stalling. Changed purge valve, replaced some vacuum hoses, spark plugs, fuel filter, air filter, intake manifolds, air intake boots, o rings, intake flange. In the meantime it had codes P1171 and P1172 come up. They were going to test ride it over the next few days and if it still stalls and they suggest the next step is to replace the entire throttle body assembly which apparently is pretty pricey.

Anyone ever gone down the path of this type of Spyder with stall issues? Will replacing the throttle body assembly fix this?
    The machine has less than 25,000 miles (38,000km) on it.
    Any sage advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
    I'm sending many ..... I don't have a good feeling about your Dealer Tech ..... I had a GS that very often was lit up like a Christmas tree ..... but ran fine , so I didn't do anything. Never gave a LIMP mode except once on the New Jersey T-Pike when the temp was 101 F ..... kept riding to my sisters house and the next day it was fine ..... good luck ... Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You didnt change the oxygen sensor. The one part that is usually responsible for a lean code.
    2021 Sea to Sky RT , Highland green

Spyder Garage
    Last edited by Bfromla; 06-15-2022 at 02:46 AM. Reason: Link

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox