Spyder Garage

Default Gas and Error Codes C0063 and C006C

Hey all Spyder Lovers.

I have a 2014 Spyder RTL. A few weeks ago I stopped for gas and filled up with 94 octane. I left the gas station and 2 miles down the road my bike went into "Limp Home" mode with errors C0063 and C006C. I took it to the shop, they cleared the codes and drove the bike without getting the codes again. (I've probably put a couple of hundred miles on it since then) Today I filled up at the same gas station and the same octane fuel and again had the same codes with Limp Home mode. I don't understand. Has anyone had a similar experience? Or, does anyone have any insight or direction?

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by EddieN View Post
    Hey all Spyder Lovers.

I have a 2014 Spyder RTL. A few weeks ago I stopped for gas and filled up with 94 octane. I left the gas station and 2 miles down the road my bike went into "Limp Home" mode with errors C0063 and C006C. I took it to the shop, they cleared the codes and drove the bike without getting the codes again. (I've probably put a couple of hundred miles on it since then) Today I filled up at the same gas station and the same octane fuel and again had the same codes with Limp Home mode. I don't understand. Has anyone had a similar experience? Or, does anyone have any insight or direction?
    Well this is bizarre !!!!! ..... Did you hear a " click " when securing the Gas Cap ???? ..... and Why are you using 94 octane ???? I have the Spyder as you have and have had NO issues using 87 oct. for the past 69,000 + miles ..... annnnnnnnnnnnnnnd most folks here also use 87 - with or without Ethyl .... good luck .... Mike .....PS did they bother telling you what those meant ?????

Spyder Garage

Hi Blueknight911.

Yup. The gas cap clicked when I put it back on. The error codes relate to VSS and the ESM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Just for the heck of it check your battery connections.

Spyder Garage

Battery connections are tight.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I'm guessing the CODES are NOT related to the Octane ..... JMHO .... good luck ..... Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

How's the battery ?

Spyder Garage

Was I the same pump as before? Maybe something with parking /exit position to get those codes. A battery load test & terminal cleaning, just preventive may help & staying away from that (gremlin gas)station whenever possible.
    Last edited by Bfromla; 07-30-2022 at 04:23 PM. Reason: (Gremlin)

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Very Active Member bigbadbrucie's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

For what it’s worth, I have also used 94 octane. For me, it was the only corn free gas available up here (pure gas) and never had an issue with it...RTS ran good...always!

Tri-Axis Chrome Handlebars
    Sena SM10 BT Dongle
    Double USB Port/Volt meter
    LaMonster Magic Mirrors
    BajaRon Swaybar
    HALO Skid Plate
    Spyder Pops Rear Running Lights Turn Signals/Brake Light
    Spyder Pops Mirror Running Lights/Turn Signals
    Shorty Antenna
    LaMonster Cat Delete
    Akrapovic Muffler
    FOBO2 TPMS
    Rear Trunk Rack
    Bruce Erickson

Chilliwack, BC
    Canada
    You know when a politician is Lying. It's when his lips are moving!

2014 RTS-SE6 - Cognac

intro to m/c 1949 Royal Enfield 500cc thumper

Spyder Garage

I'd also guess that the gas you're using/where you get it from is really just a co-inky dink! . For what it's worth, there's a bunch of threads out there already that come up with these codes in them, this one below sorta pointing at the Yaw sensor &/or steering angle sensor or excessive front end play - but it's just one of many returned by typing those codes into the Search box up in the top right as follows: 'C0063 ; C006C' - & the thread:

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...ht=C0063+C006C

That said, are you sure you're not riding or even just touching the brake pedal??

It's probably more likely to be directly related to the sensor/those errors, but then again . If there's something different in the way you leave the driveway or forecourt of that servo, or maybe there's a sweeping downhill/uphill/off camber turn as you leave the servo.... . But IF, then it juuust might be worth checking the pedal is returning to the OFF position properly - if your brake lights stay on for any reason, ie. touching the brake pedal; riding the brake pedal/trail braking for too long; pedal switch dirty; pedal return spring weak; anything.... or even if your brake light goes off but the brake pedal/micro switch doesn't fully return to the OFF position, you will often confuse the Nanny so that she thinks you're doing something odd or possibly still braking or slipping sideways or obpunder/over steering for a bit too long so therefore something must be wrong & the computer searches for an appropriate code... with not so necessarily great results!!

Just sorta thinkin' out loud.....

Over to you. Good Luck!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    I'd also guess that the gas you're using/where you get it from is really just a co-inky dink! . For what it's worth, there's a bunch of threads out there already that come up with these codes in them, this one below sorta pointing at the Yaw sensor &/or steering angle sensor or excessive front end play - but it's just one of many returned by typing those codes into the Search box up in the top right as follows: 'C0063 ; C006C' - & the thread:

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...ht=C0063+C006C

That said, are you sure you're not riding or even just touching the brake pedal??

It's probably more likely to be directly related to the sensor/those errors, but then again . If there's something different in the way you leave the driveway or forecourt of that servo, or maybe there's a sweeping downhill/uphill/off camber turn as you leave the servo.... . But IF, then it juuust might be worth checking the pedal is returning to the OFF position properly - if your brake lights stay on for any reason, ie. touching the brake pedal; riding the brake pedal/trail braking for too long; pedal switch dirty; pedal return spring weak; anything.... or even if your brake light goes off but the brake pedal/micro switch doesn't fully return to the OFF position, you will often confuse the Nanny so that she thinks you're doing something odd or possibly still braking or slipping sideways or obpunder/over steering for a bit too long so therefore something must be wrong & the computer searches for an appropriate code... with not so necessarily great results!!

Just sorta thinkin' out loud.....

Over to you. Good Luck!

Thanks Peter Aawen.

That gives me a little more to look at and consider. Thank you.