Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Insta360 One RS Camera - 1st ride

1st Test of my new Insta360 One RS. Still working on the sound.

"Friend to those who have no friends. Enemy to those who need no enemies. Headache to those who have no aspirin."~ The Phantom Texter
    2019 F3 s , Neutrino Aurora Accessory Fuse Block Blue

Spyder Garage

How are you liking the camera and setup?
    '20 RT Chalk Metallic

Spyder Garage

I love it I've worked out the sound problems and everything. I've done another video video even have an overlay Valley of speed direction and everything else
    "Friend to those who have no friends. Enemy to those who need no enemies. Headache to those who have no aspirin."~ The Phantom Texter

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Nice Video...NOT A HILL ANYWHERE...NO GREEN GRASS...NOT EVEN WEEDS...THANKS FOR THE RIDE...ENJOYED IT...larryd

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by larryd View Post
    Nice Video...NOT A HILL ANYWHERE...NO GREEN GRASS...NOT EVEN WEEDS...THANKS FOR THE RIDE...ENJOYED IT...larryd
    Lol I know I know.... LOL
    But there was a mountain there. I did a vid later going up it with the new mic setup.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

How in the world does that work in allowing the vid to scroll????????????

Being the Dummy with digital tech that I am.................completely Gobsmacked.........
    Dean O
    Gran Pa Hoon
    Founder San Jose BMW
    Builder of the Motorcyclist Cafe Barn and Bunkhouse
    Alamogordo, NM

'20 Spyder F3 L

Spyder Garage

It's done with what they call a 360 camera. It has a lens on both sides of the camera. This way when you produce the vid it will show from any direction, from any lens that got the shot

Spyder Garage

If you want to know more try this

Spyder Garage

I bought one. Awaiting delivery. This is your fault! LOL
    '20 RT Chalk Metallic

Spyder Garage

LOL I am so, so, sorry... But I do hope you enjoy it! And I hope to see a video really soon

Spyder Garage

Thanks! I think I'll also try mounting on the left side of the handlebar. Have you mounted it in other places?
    '20 RT Chalk Metallic

Spyder Garage

Now if only I had time to edit the videos down to small snippets that others would watch without falling asleep!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by RayBJ; 10-06-2023 at 11:01 AM.
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JohnRuckus View Post
    Thanks! I think I'll also try mounting on the left side of the handlebar. Have you mounted it in other places?
    With the mounting system I have I can attach it to anywhere the jaw of the claw can grab

Quote Originally Posted by RayBJ View Post
    Now if only I had time to edit the videos down to small snippets that others would watch without falling asleep!
    LOL start off by doing a test clip that's about 2 minutes long and then go from there LOL
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 10-06-2023 at 12:23 PM. Reason: ...

Spyder Garage

Darn it, you made me go buy one online !

My GoPro will be for scuba only from now on
    Brgds Martin

First Spyder: RS 2008 Yellow&Black - Current: 2012 Spyder RTS Magnesium, bought new from dealer in 2015.

Spyder Garage

LOL LOL I am again so sorry. I will try to avoid that in the future LOL But again can't wait to see some of the videos LOL

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SgtRay View Post
    LOL LOL I am again so sorry. I will try to avoid that in the future LOL But again can't wait to see some of the videos LOL
    No worries sir, too bad the riding season is on it's end over here and weather is wet and windy, but I am sure there will be a couple of days in between that will be rideable
    Have a wonderfull weekend.
    Brgds Martin

First Spyder: RS 2008 Yellow&Black - Current: 2012 Spyder RTS Magnesium, bought new from dealer in 2015.

Spyder Garage

I truly love it. It's nice to see somebody else do it because I don't have any nice scenery to film where I am. Just make sure you get at least 2 different lenses so you have some flexibility in what you do. I even have the powered selfie stick which allows me to have an additional battery if I were to walk around and film something. Also if you don't plug in adapter into the side of it and that little hatch cover is closed the whole unit is water resistant.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NorwegianRT View Post
    Darn it, you made me go buy one online !

My GoPro will be for scuba only from now on
    I hope you saw my reply posted on another thread (see below). A youtuber has an affiliate link that I used to get a free extra battery if buying directly from Insta360.

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...71#post1687971
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 10-06-2023 at 08:23 PM. Reason: post... & link. ;-)
    '20 RT Chalk Metallic

Spyder Garage

And you don't have to keep the 360 format either. Even when filmed with the 360 lens the vid can be put out in 2d format after it was filmed. When it's done that way, you get to pick where, and where it looks. You can even zoom in and out.

This vid was done with the 360 lens so I wouldn't miss anything. When I got home, I used the Insta software to frame it where I wanted. They have so many ways to do the framing.

So all I had to do was carry it. I didn't have to worry about aiming it.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 10-06-2023 at 11:39 PM. Reason: ether; the... ;-)

Spyder Garage

And you don't have to keep the 360 format either. Even when filmed with the 360 lens the vid can be put out in 2d format after it was filmed. When it's done that way, you get to pick where, and where it looks. You can even zoom in and out.

This vid was done with the 360 lens so I wouldn't miss anything. When I got home, I used the Insta software to frame it where I wanted. They have so many ways to do the framing.

Nice vid!

Clearly an Astronaut or Rocket Engineer in the making!

Oh, and some good editing too.

Last edited by Peter Aawen; 10-06-2023 at 11:41 PM. Reason: Bloody spell-check that can't handle emoji's!! :-/
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JohnRuckus View Post
    I hope you saw my reply posted on another thread (see below). A youtuber has an affiliate link that I used to get a free extra battery if buying directly from Insta360.

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...71#post1687971
    I saw it, but totaly forgot to check it out I found a webshop here in Norway that has a sale on the RS right now, so I ordered the camera and remote for now. Monday I will go to a local store to check out some Ram mount options.
    Brgds Martin

Spyder Garage

Great video

Hope it is in my mailbox real soon.
    Brgds Martin

Spyder Garage

Just got my 360 RS and unpacked it
    Turns out I got a little misslead by the webshops "Insta One 360 RS camera", cause what I ordered was the standard one, and that is not a 360 cam at all.
    So now I have to buy the unit with the two lenses seperatly and that makes the total a little more expensive. Another hard lesson
    Brgds Martin

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NorwegianRT View Post
    Just got my 360 RS and unpacked it
    Turns out I got a little misslead by the webshops "Insta One 360 RS camera", cause what I ordered was the standard one, and that is not a 360 cam at all.
    So now I have to buy the unit with the two lenses seperatly and that makes the total a little more expensive. Another hard lesson
    Dam I'm sorry to hear that

Spyder Garage

Dam I'm sorry to hear that
    Oh well, it gives me time to fiddle around with the camera and get familiar with it while waiting
    Brgds Martin