Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

How difficult is the axle swap? My new rt limited is in same boat. If dealer ships bike to me without the correct axle, can I do the swap, or is this a dealer type of repair?
    2022 RT Limited Dark Hyper Silver
    2014 RT-S Pearl White
    2010 BRP 622 Trailer Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Brentc View Post
    How difficult is the axle swap? My new rt limited is in same boat. If dealer ships bike to me without the correct axle, can I do the swap, or is this a dealer type of repair?
    You can, but if the replacement axle is covered under warranty so would the labor. I would have the dealer do it.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 07-18-2023 at 04:07 AM. Reason: .
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

BRP sourced axles from additional suppliers to get product out the door. In many cases the axles are smaller in diameter than required to install the trailer hitch bolt or in some cases the axles are solid. BRP is offering a replacement axle to those installing a hitch. However, initially I was told by my dealer that this was only for customers installing a factory hitch and not an aftermarket kit. I squawked by writing a civil letter of complaint to my dealer who agreed to install the new axle for free. My logic was that most buyers of 2022 Sypders all ready paid a premium (commodity fee) and had to take delayed delivery of their unit. Up until 2022 Spyders came factory ready to install a hitch without any additional cost other than the hitch itself. The courtesy bulletin is 2022-12 and dealers should be well aware of it by now. I will be curious if all dealers are telling their clients they need to purchase a BRP hitch in order to get the axle installed for free. IMO, it's a cheap shot. I found an aftermarket hitch for $299 on sale with wiring harness vs. $669 (list) for a BRP hitch. Good luck in getting your issue addressed/resolved.
    2022 RTL , Deep Marsala Red

Spyder Garage

I just went to a closer dealership (not where I purchased my F3T) with the bulletin in hand. They wanted to charge me $ for the newer axle, plus labor, AND tried to sell me the BRP trailer hitch! Then charge me more for installation too! My F3T is still on factory warranty. Will call the dealership where I bought it and see what they say! Thanks for the info.

BTW, CanAmSpyderaccesories out of Canada have an awesome hitch and “plug-and-play” light harness for very reasonable price, and states “will not void factory warranty”.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 10-19-2023 at 05:30 PM. Reason: tlo ...
    2022 F3-T , Glacier Blue Metallic