Spyder Garage

Default Anyone successfully removed the Switch Support on gas tank? '21 F3 Limited

Hi All,

I'm preparing to wrap my '21 F3L. The wrap I selected may not accommodate the switch support/keypad mounted on the gas tank.

Has anyone successfully removed this part? If so, how? I don't want to break anything if I decide to remove it rather than cutting the wrap to fit around it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 06-09-2022 at 04:51 PM. Reason: Removed Prefix - this is a 'Has anyone done this?' Question, not a 'How to:' DIY explanation....
    2021 F3 Limited , Metallic Black

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JBMGDM View Post
    Hi All,

I'm preparing to wrap my '21 F3L. The wrap I selected may not accommodate the switch support/keypad mounted on the gas tank.

Has anyone successfully removed this part? If so, how? I don't want to break anything if I decide to remove it rather than cutting the wrap to fit around it.
    I don't see any screws or anything holding it in that hole .... I would say it's a press fit ..... if it were me I would spray the edge with dry silicone., CAREFULLY try and lift a corner and see what happens. .... good luck .... On my 14 RT there is little coffin shaped piece in the center of the handlebars ... I popped it out and painted it ..... then pushed it back in ..... good luck ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JBMGDM View Post
    Hi All,

I just had my Tank panel painted and It has a few plastic tabs that I used a small flathead screw driver and it just popped out... Putting back in was harder then popping it out.
    RiderDuke

My Ride
    2021 Glacial Blue Metallic F3-T

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RiderDuke View Post
    I just had my Tank panel painted and It has a few plastic tabs that I used a small flathead screw driver and it just popped out... Putting back in was harder then popping it out.
    A little saliva solves that problem .... and it will dry and not be an issue ..... JMHO .... Mike