Spyder Garage

Default RT Limited dark vs chrome

Hey guys,

What are the differences between an Rt Limited dark vs chrome (2022 model)
    All I can see in the pictures is that the chrome model has different wheels and some chrome-lined parts, Is it worth the 1,500.00 price difference?
    I have a deposit on a silver chrome RT Limited that is awaiting parts from Can-Am. The dealer has an RT Limited dark in the red color.
    Should I save myself 1,500.00 and buy the dark version or do I get some added value by going with the chrome one?

Thanks Arcamguy
    2022 RT , Marsella Red

Spyder Garage

It's all aesthetics, nothing else. I had seen the blue in both chrome and black, and that sold me on the chrome. A cost difference based on availability put the cost of chrome for me at $3,000, and I ended up going to see one in red/back. In red, the black looks better, at least in my opinion. It's a matter of what appeals to you, but the color may change which version you like better. I didn't look at silver, so I don't have an opinion, but i you can arrange to see both versions in your color choice in person, you may find it easier to make that choice.

On the BRP website, you can go back and forth between chrome and black, which may help you:
    https://can-am.brp.com/on-road/us/en...-your-own.html

Added: the option to see it both chrome and dark can be found on the right side of the screen, under the color tab, by selecting "options" and then "trim".

I decided I prefer it dark, but that's just me. It's only a color choice.
    Last edited by MRH; 06-09-2022 at 10:43 AM.
    2020 RT Limited in the ultra cool Deep Marsala Dark edition.

Baja Ron Anti-Sway Bar, LED reflectors, Lamonster USB Charger (and phone mount), Can-Am Low Windshield, X-Creen Tour Variable Windscreen Spoiler Blade, Power Commander, Dilithium powered Flux Capacitor (not yet fully functional).
    Maintained by Lou at Pirate Powersports.

Spyder Garage

I went with the dark on my Hyper Silver 22 RTL. When the black starts looking bad I’ll paint. When chrome goes bad you deal, replace or rechrome.

Spyder Garage

I had a chance to see a 2022 RTL in the Hypersilver color. I liked it quite a bit, more than the matte finishes, even the Mystery Blue on the S2S.

For me, though, I like having the chrome bits, even if it is kinda old school.

Good luck!
    “There comes a time in the affairs of men... when we must seize the bull by the tail and face the situation.” - W.C. Fields

2019 Spyder RT Limited - Asphalt Gray/Chrome
    1991 H-D Sturgis FXDB -- #684 of 1600 Limited Edition

Gone but not forgotten:
    2014 Spyder ST SE5
    Steel Black Metallic
    2019 RT Limited , Asphalt Gray/Chrome

Spyder Garage

I was set on the chrome edition but at the last minute changed to the dark - don't have to worry about keeping those wheels so spiffy clean looking all the time. Plus... thought the dark was kind-of sleek and sexy-looking...LOL!
    Last edited by Pooch; 06-09-2022 at 03:04 PM.
    2021 RT Ltd, Marsala Red/Black, Dark
    New course heading Mr Sulu: 2nd star to the right and straight on til morning...

Spyder Garage

After coming from decades of Harley, I went with dark. Much easier to keep looking nice. I can't believe there is a $1500 difference for the chrome.
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2018 F3 Limited - Intense Red Pearl . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Spyder Garage

Well, if the above opinions don’t clear it up for you nothing will. Lol!
    Fwiw, I also have the 2022 limited dark hyper silver on order, I don’t believe there is any difference other than the chrome trim. Me personally, I don’t like shining stuff after washing so dark it was. No right or wrong answer.
    2022 RT Limited Dark Hyper Silver
    2014 RT-S Pearl White
    2010 BRP 622 Trailer Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Arcamguy View Post
    Hey guys,

What are the differences between an Rt Limited dark vs chrome (2022 model)
    All I can see in the pictures is that the chrome model has different wheels and some chrome-lined parts, Is it worth the 1,500.00 price difference?
    I have a deposit on a silver chrome RT Limited that is awaiting parts from Can-Am. The dealer has an RT Limited dark in the red color.
    Should I save myself 1,500.00 and buy the dark version or do I get some added value by going with the chrome one?

Thanks Arcamguy
    It's a matter of personal choice. I prefer the dark version. All that chrome needs to be cleaned and polished to look good.
    I'm sure others have said this.
    I'd rather ride than polish, but I could be in a minority.
    Last edited by ThreeWheels; 06-09-2022 at 05:26 PM.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RideOn View Post

For me, though, I like having the chrome bits, even if it is kinda old school.
    I'm with you on this one. I AM old school , so like a bit of shine. Takes only but a moment to re-shine it back up after a ride. It's gotta look purdy........and it turns heads at the same time!

Also had to keep my Beauty Rings on my 65 & 69 Chevelles "polished" as well. It was a Sin not to in those days.

2014 RTS Pearl White
    2014 RTS , Pearl White

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default I Love the Chrome

Quote Originally Posted by Briorick View Post
    I'm with you on this one. I AM old school , so like a bit of shine. Takes only but a moment to re-shine it back up after a ride. It's gotta look purdy........and it turns heads at the same time!

Also had to keep my Beauty Rings on my 65 & 69 Chevelles "polished" as well. It was a Sin not to in those days.
    Maybe just me, but I Love the Chrome.
    Your Spyder, Your Choice....I am for Chrome. ......
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Very Active Member CloverHillCrawler's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I don't like chrome , but I am not a fan of the black either. The only F3 available at my price point at the time was in Black.

Black shows just as much dirt as Chrome, if not more and I hate having to constantly wash my Spyder when even the pollen makes it look like trash.

One of these winters coming up when I can't ride I will probably do the same thing as I did to my TS 650 jet ski that was all white and wanted it and the trailer to match my 88 Dakota Sport Red/Black theme.

Take it apart piece by piece and repaint the whole body to what I want. Luckily I don't have to worry about it matching my truck this time as I do not plan on trailering it anywhere. I am thinking more of a Metal Flake Royal or Cobalt Blue.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 06-10-2022 at 08:09 AM. Reason: F3a...?

2020 F3 SE6

Safety and Lighting: LED Headlight upgrade, IPS LED Fog lights, Show Chrome LED Fender Signals, LED Signature Light, Tric LED Afterburnerz, MotoHorn 2.0

Suspension: Wilbers Front and Rear Shocks, BajaRon Sway Bar, Vredestein Quatrac Front and Rear Tires

Comfort: Blue Ridge Windshield, Corbin Dual Touring Saddle, Ultimate Floorboards, OEM Passenger Backrest with Rear Shelf, OEM Passenger Floorboards Modified with High Risers from Pierre

Tackform Center Mount Phone Holder w/ rapid charging USB-C.
    2020 F3 , Black

Spyder Garage

CloverHillCrawler, I know what you mean. On my Glacier Blue 2021 F3-T I had all the Gloss Black pieces Painted Carbon Black satin to match the fog light trim on the side panels... This served 2 purposes.
    1. Now the finger prints and swirls are gone
    2. My wife doesn't comment how the Shiny Black plastic looks cheap

I think the Gloss black just didn't fit the color scheme of my bike and it was a PITA to keep it looking good.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 06-11-2022 at 05:24 AM. Reason: Shinny - shiny ;-)
    RiderDuke

My Ride
    2021 Glacial Blue Metallic F3-T

Spyder Garage

We both have F3L's. Mine is chrome, because I never had that version. Her's is a dark version, because she did not want to polish the chrome. I got a $2K rebate on mine, so I can say I got the chrome package for free.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 06-11-2022 at 03:39 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I also chose the dark for my Petrol Metallic. Mostly because the rims changed and I don't like the look now as compared to the pre 2020's.
    2022 Petrol Metallic RT Limited / 'PYDER'
    Peter Pan has struck again!

Spyder Garage

I have a 2018 RTL and the chrome looks like crap. The plating is so cheap that it bubbled up and is flaking off. I would love the black at this point. Guess we didn't polish enough - but still! Maybe the new models have better chrome plating.

Spyder Garage

For me I like the black out look. The other thing is my wheels don't look that bad dirty like chrome wheels do.
    2021 RTL Marsala Dark Edition 4.13.2021
    Lamonster Riser
    Spyder Extras Docking station
    Zumo XT (my own Plug & Play cable)
    WrapMySpyder Carbon fiber partial kit.
    Baja Ron ultra performance sway bar and end links

2015 RTS SM6 Intense Red
    born on date 3/2015 (mine on 9/12/15)
    Sold on 4.13.2021 33k of fun.

Spyder Garage

I went with dark but then painted my mirrors and top case to match.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2021 RT Limited , Deep Marsala Red Metallic (Dark)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Schreckftw View Post
    I went with dark but then painted my mirrors and top case to match.
    Exactly my plan. Your ride looks bad ass that way!
    2022 Petrol Metallic RT Limited / 'PYDER'
    Peter Pan has struck again!

Spyder Garage

For me the pricing is the wrong way round

I would pay more for the black version

I owned several Harleys and blacked out all but one of them. My current GW is matt black everywhere and dark was the obvious choice for my 2021 RTL

As they say…….different strokes……
    2021 Spyder RT Limited (Palm Desert)
    Grey - dark edition

2015 Spyder F3 S (Vancouver)

2017 Yamaha V Star 1300 Tourer

Spyder Garage

For me it was black - buy the color that will make you smile when you walk away from it and turn back to look at it
    2021 Spyder RT-L in Deep Marsala Red/Black - BRP Comfort Seat, Adj Handlebar Riser, Running Board Lights, Driver Backrest, Passenger Armrests. Fobo TPMS, Grip Covers, UltraGard Full & Half Cover, Passenger & Driver Drink Holders, Wide-Vu Side Mirrors, Show Chrome Luggage Rack, SpyderExtras Aluminum Belt Tensioner, Show Chrome Accessory Fuse Block, SpyderExtras Adj Highway Pegs, Carbon Fibre Grills, Full Repair and Maintenance Manual, Kapplock Garmin Nuvo XT Lock & Ram Mount Lock, LidLox Handlebar Helmet Lock, Hopnel Dashboard Storage Pouch/Trunk Organizer/Side Cases, Garmin Nuvo XT GPS, Signal Dynamics Heads Up Voltage Monitor, M1 Motorsports F/R Dash Cam, inView Helmet-Mounted Brake and Turn Signal Light, Pedal Commander w/ Silicone Cover & RAM mount, Spyder Extras Driving Light Bar, Denali D3 Driving Lights, SpyderExtras Light Bar, TAC Designs Side Mirror Stabilizer Kit, Carbon Fibre Trim, Hi-Gain Short Antenna, Headlight Skins, Mirror Turn Signal Lights.

2021 RT Limited , Marsala Red/Black

Spyder Garage

I have a 21RTL in chalk white, I painted the mirrors and the top half of the truck to match and I also did a carbon fiber dip on the rear plastic part behind the rear back rest and speaker grills. One day I'll get the hang of posting pics...
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 07-06-2022 at 11:47 PM. Reason: Caps

Spyder Garage

Chrome won't get you home, but don't count on black to get you back.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by FrogmanDave View Post
    Exactly my plan. Your ride looks bad ass that way!
    I have to agree with Dave, It looks Great but... For me I prefer Chrome.
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue