Spyder Garage

Default BRP Discontinued the Top Case for the F3T!?

Hey all - been on the phone with BRP and found that even though it's listed in their 2022 Parts catalog, BRP has officially discontinued part 219401080 which used to be the top case and adapter plate to mount the case to the F3T.

Screenshot 2022-06-08 140836.jpg

I know folks have had luck with doing luggage racks with SHAD cases and may end up going that route - just for the fun of it I'm exploring one other option using the 2021 F3-Limited as a jumping point (since Can Am builds these things in a really standard way - it would fit that the "accessory" parts for the F3T would be the standard parts for the F3-Limited but packaged differently) - If the F3-Limited route pays off I will likely receive a box of random parts from which I will get to build my own top case.. hah!

More on this as the situation unfolds.. but those of you running 2020+ F3T's, heads up that your Top Case options from Can Am are now officially 0
    2021 Spyder F3-T - Pearl White
    2021 F3-T , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

booooo!
    '20 RT Chalk Metallic

Spyder Garage

Now here’s a question. Say heaven for bid you get in accident like me hitting a deer last fall. Top case on the touring version needs replaced. Hmmm what happens then? It sort of happened with me. BRP no longer makes the pre 2020 windshields for RT. had to replace with new windshield design which doesn’t work. Heads up too…….the pre 2019 headlights are also discontinued. If you have a 2017 and need new headlight assembly it’s will need rewired. I had to buy different LED headlights that fit a 2019 RT even though it’s a 2017. They are discontinuing a bunch of stuff. They changed their parts pages about 2 months ago to reflect it.
    Last edited by Wmoater; 06-08-2022 at 04:34 PM.

“Born to Ride......Ride to Live....MOATER ON !
    “Current ride: 2017 RT Limited”

Spyder Garage

I believe Pierre at Can Am Spyder Accessories has them in stock at a fraction of the MSRP price from BRP. I damn near bought one for my 2021 F3T but have other rear racks. Check out their website if you care to.

Very Active Member CloverHillCrawler's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Wmoater View Post
    Now here’s a question. Say heaven for bid you get in accident like me hitting a deer last fall. Top case on the touring version needs replaced. Hmmm what happens then? It sort of happened with me. BRP no longer makes the pre 2020 windshields for RT. had to replace with new windshield design which doesn’t work. Heads up too…….the pre 2019 headlights are also discontinued. If you have a 2017 and need new headlight assembly it’s will need rewired. I had to buy different LED headlights that fit a 2019 RT even though it’s a 2017. They are discontinuing a bunch of stuff. They changed their parts pages about 2 months ago to reflect it.
    I have been biting my tongue on a few things lately but this is really starting to put me off about BRP products.

Really, discontinuing parts production for models less than 3-4 years old? Holy batman! The ing warranty is not even up yet for some people at that point!

I understand supply chain issues , but this is just BRP giving us the middle finger on this one. Just think what would happen if GM, Ford, Chrysler, Honda, or Toyota just said nope no parts for anything pre 2019?
    Last edited by CloverHillCrawler; 06-08-2022 at 08:06 PM.

2020 F3 SE6

Safety and Lighting: LED Headlight upgrade, IPS LED Fog lights, Show Chrome LED Fender Signals, LED Signature Light, Tric LED Afterburnerz, MotoHorn 2.0

Suspension: Wilbers Front and Rear Shocks, BajaRon Sway Bar, Vredestein Quatrac Front and Rear Tires

Comfort: Blue Ridge Windshield, Corbin Dual Touring Saddle, Ultimate Floorboards, OEM Passenger Backrest with Rear Shelf, OEM Passenger Floorboards Modified with High Risers from Pierre

Tackform Center Mount Phone Holder w/ rapid charging USB-C.
    2020 F3 , Black

Spyder Garage

Tried to do a little bit of searching but wasn't too successful. Federal law requires auto manufacturers to have parts available for 10 yrs. They don't have to make them themselves; they can farm that out to other manufacturers. That article didn't mention motorcycles. I did find an article from a German law firm that said in Germany, motorcycle manufacturers only have to make parts available 2 years after the model is discontinued.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 5Wheels View Post
    Tried to do a little bit of searching but wasn't too successful. Federal law requires auto manufacturers to have parts available for 10 yrs. They don't have to make them themselves; they can farm that out to other manufacturers. That article didn't mention motorcycles. I did find an article from a German law firm that said in Germany, motorcycle manufacturers only have to make parts available 2 years after the model is discontinued.
    I think this only applies to U.S. manufacture's...... you said -German Mtc's only 2 yrs for parts ...... JMHO ... Mike

Spyder Garage

There are multiple use cases where BRP will be on the hook to supply you with one, so I wouldn't give it too much thought unless you're in that situation right now. There are both engineering and legal ways to deal with a vendor simply telling you that they are not concerned with your problem because "they no longer make that part".
    2021 F3 L , Stock Plugs (COILS, NOT WIRES!) Stock Brake Pedal Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Hard times, but don't forget your customer base. They are what keeps the company going.

I am not liking the situation, but will leave it at that.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Spoke with my local rep - the unofficially official story is that BRP is struggling to supply cases for F3-Ltd's and has decided to temporarily remove the upgrade path for the 2019+ F3T so that 100% of the stock in those top cases can go to outfitting new 2022/2023 Limited models for sale and supplying repair needs on current Limiteds.

That being said he thinks he can scrounge one but would have to do it via individual parts since there is no "case assembly" part currently available in the system - rough guess on scrounging one together is somewhere in the $2000 - $2300 range and if a single screw kit or whatever is backordered the whole thing would be effectively useless.

Guess I'll go the luggage rack/SHAD route
    2021 F3-T , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Wmoater View Post
    I am sure this depends on your insurance but I had a 94 ZX7R back in the day. They discontinued the model in 2003 and stopped making parts for the older ones before that. It took damage in 2005 and although it was not a huge amount of damage my insurance replaced it with the cost of new ZX10R because they could not source all the parts needed to repair it back to pre accident condition. I can see our insurance costs going up if BRP is unable to repair damaged vehicles due to not making parts which results in full replacements.
    Last edited by Schreckftw; 06-13-2022 at 10:22 AM.
    2021 RT Limited , Deep Marsala Red Metallic (Dark)

Spyder Garage

Decided to go with a Baker Built Wings luggage rack and a SHAD 58X top case - posting an install video to the How To section. Came out pretty nice!
    IMG_9685.jpg
    2021 F3-T , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Tried to order one when I bought my "T", but covid had them shut down. Later, the dealer told me $2000. I told them something in Italian that shouldn't be repeated.
    Please don't spook the road-sheep.

Spyder Garage

i am thinking of adding a SHAD 58X top case to my f3t
    2019 f3t , titanium

Spyder Garage

That's what I ended up doing. Fits the F3T very nicely, I like it a lot!

290401838_10160088132269099_7853593231385496850_n.jpg
    290696420_10160088655004099_3084627448623714154_n.jpg
    2021 F3-T , Pearl White