Spyder Garage

Default Found a 2021 RT LTD Chrome in NJ with 700 miles 30K Firm at the dealer

The price was 30K, for the bike not including dealer charges, firm , I told him I was better off buying a 2022 ? He said I would only save a few hundred dollars. I hope this is not a trend on how to buy Can Am's. I do understand about the parts shortage. But a used 2021 should be in the 25-26 K range and a new 2021 should be the in the 28 k range . Is this how it is now?

2017 F3 LTD (SOLD)
    2017 HD Freewheeler (SOLD)
    2021 RT Base Upper and lower adjustable deflectors , Top case, Signature and lower lights, Baja Ron Bar, Back rest,Fobo TPMS, Garmin 396 , LED Fender lights, Rear LED turn and brake lights, Rear Brake light flasher, Rear Saddle bag LED lights, Battery tender, Lamonster Handle Bar Riser.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If it were me, I'd scout out a barely used 2021 model instead. There are some good deals to be found out there. This doesn't seem to be one of them.
    2021 Honda HRV
    2245 Constitution class starship (refitted 2270-2271) (for sale)
    2021 Can Am Spyder RT (gone)
    2019 Honda CR-V (gone)
    2018 Can Am Spyder RT Limited (gone)
    2014 Kawasaki Nomad (gone)

Spyder Garage

Just charging what the market will bear. Or at least what they think it will bear. I wouldn't be surprised if they get the $30K
    Trb-- (Roger)

2014 Cognac STL:Ultimate Seat, Nelson Rigg Tail Pack, Nelson Rigg RS/ST Half Cover, TL fender lights, Squared Away Laser Alignment, BajaRon sway bar and links, Akropovic Sport Silencer
    2022 White Pearl F3T
    Gone but not forgotten: 2019 F3S Special Series Liquid Titanium

Spyder States Visited

Spyder Garage

Some Canadian dealers are already charging over $2K for 2022 Spyders they have in stock.

Here is the MSRP from the BRP site, .
    2022 Spyder MSRP.jpg

Here is a screenshot from a Quebec dealer's website.
    Dealer 2022 Spyder MSRP.jpg
    Last edited by GFrog; 06-08-2022 at 11:06 AM.
    2022 Spyder Sea to Sky Mystery Blue
    2009 Suzuki Boulevard M50 SE

Spyder Garage

Overpriced for what it is.

Ask the dealer what they would give you for trade in on the "new" 2021 if you brought it back for a new 2022. I will bet it would be far from $30K. I would run from this dealer. They are trying to get what the market will bear. Way to mercenary for me.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Honestly, it may just be the market right now. My niece was shopping for a new car and discovered dealers were adding a "market adjustment" causing some vehicles to be $2K-$5k OVER MSRP!!!! I agree, looking for a gently used 2020 or 2021 might be the better option, but even the used market seems to be in favor of the seller these days. Good Luck!!!
    -Biker Tank-
    Places visited on 2 or 3 wheels in the last 10 years...
    2021 RT Limited , Deep Marsala Metallic / Chrome

Spyder Garage

Guys, you are telling him to look for a gently used 2021 and that is what he is talking about here. I would buy the 2022 just on principle. In fact, I did! But to answer your question, it does seem this is how things are done now. Here in the midwest things aren't so bad as far as Spyders are concerned. But used prices are ridiculous everywhere!
    Last edited by FrogmanDave; 06-08-2022 at 02:52 PM.
    2022 Petrol Metallic RT Limited / 'PYDER'
    Peter Pan has struck again!

Very Active Member bigbadbrucie's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

New or Used..... the price is ALWAYS driven by Supply and Demand. It’s called the free market system. No one is holding a gun at your head when you want to purchase. Don’t like the price? Look elsewhere!

Tri-Axis Chrome Handlebars
    Sena SM10 BT Dongle
    Double USB Port/Volt meter
    LaMonster Magic Mirrors
    BajaRon Swaybar
    HALO Skid Plate
    Spyder Pops Rear Running Lights Turn Signals/Brake Light
    Spyder Pops Mirror Running Lights/Turn Signals
    Shorty Antenna
    LaMonster Cat Delete
    Akrapovic Muffler
    FOBO2 TPMS
    Rear Trunk Rack
    Bruce Erickson

Chilliwack, BC
    Canada
    You know when a politician is Lying. It's when his lips are moving!

2014 RTS-SE6 - Cognac

intro to m/c 1949 Royal Enfield 500cc thumper

Spyder Garage

Which dealer in NJ?
    Frank Ferrante
    2022 Can Am Spyder RT Limited Deep Marsala Metallic Dark
    2016 Moto Guzzi Eldorado

Spyder Garage

Not sure what your criteria are, but you might be able to find a better deal on the forum. There were a few Sea to Skys being sold the last time I checked. 30K is a very pricey to me. I'd shop around before agreeing to that price.
    '20 RT Chalk Metallic

Spyder Garage

I found a 2021 RT base for $21500 in Alabama with 750 miles I am flying down on the Sat. the 18th to drive it home

2017 F3 LTD (SOLD)
    2017 HD Freewheeler (SOLD)
    2021 RT Base Upper and lower adjustable deflectors , Top case, Signature and lower lights, Baja Ron Bar, Back rest,Fobo TPMS, Garmin 396 , LED Fender lights, Rear LED turn and brake lights, Rear Brake light flasher, Rear Saddle bag LED lights, Battery tender, Lamonster Handle Bar Riser.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BikerTank View Post
    Honestly, it may just be the market right now. My niece was shopping for a new car and discovered dealers were adding a "market adjustment" causing some vehicles to be $2K-$5k OVER MSRP!!!! I agree, looking for a gently used 2020 or 2021 might be the better option, but even the used market seems to be in favor of the seller these days. Good Luck!!!
    I read an article online somewhere the other day (w/a pic to back up the claim) where a Ford dealer was charging a $70k market adjustment on a new F-150 Lightning (or whatever the EV is called). That's almost double the MSRP. I don't need ANYTHING enough to pay double.
    2021 Honda HRV
    2245 Constitution class starship (refitted 2270-2271) (for sale)
    2021 Can Am Spyder RT (gone)
    2019 Honda CR-V (gone)
    2018 Can Am Spyder RT Limited (gone)
    2014 Kawasaki Nomad (gone)

Spyder Garage

I just picked up a 2021 RT Limited with 378 miles for $25,000! Better deals are out there!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JohnRuckus View Post
    Not sure what your criteria are, but you might be able to find a better deal on the forum. There were a few Sea to Skys being sold the last time I checked. 30K is a very pricey to me. I'd shop around before agreeing to that price.
    I agree that there are some better deals here on the forum. I just bought the 2021 Sea to Sky with 1900 miles for 26K that was listed here. If it's still available, there is another 2021 Sea to Sky listed with more miles but lots of extras (including Baja Ron Sway Bars, a Garmin GPS, etc) for 29K and that is close to you in Southern PA:

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...021-Sea-to-Sky

Spyder Garage

Trill Point Powersports in Medina Oh was selling a 2019 base F3 for $19,999 last month. I thought it was a published mistake and stopped in. I told them, that is way more than it cost new in 2019. When he asked his manager about it I could see them looking them up online and most were F3Ts. He came back and didn't sugar coat it. He said, well we took it in for more than what it may have been worth so we are not budging on the price. I was like good luck pawing your mistake off on a future customer!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 06-13-2022 at 07:35 PM. Reason: then - than ;-)
    2021 RT Limited , Deep Marsala Red Metallic (Dark)

Spyder Garage

this dealer is obviously in LOVE with his spyder. You really shouldn't try to separate them. They should stay together forever!
    It's a 21 now....,BUT I like being on top
    TricLed afterburnerz gen2
    BajaRon sway bar
    F4 customs SRT 28" Clear Wide

2011 RT limited , BajaRon plugs and custom wires Pearl white