Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

You guys spend to much money to hunt. this is what we spend

1 lariat- 35 feet long. ty around your waist. $40.00

1 tree limb 15 feet high to stand on. $0.00

Wait until game is under you, then rope it.

Video - priceless.

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by grumpybob View Post
    You guys spend to much money to hunt. this is what we spend

1 lariat- 35 feet long. ty around your waist.

Wait until game is under you, then rope it.

Video - priceless.
    Now you tell me to tie it around my wast!!
    I've been tying it around my leg.
    That's why I'm getting dragged
    all over the woods.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by boborgera View Post
    Now you tell me to tie it around my wast!!
    I've been tying it around my leg.
    That's why I'm getting dragged
    all over the woods.
    When you tie it around your leg, you need your hunting partner to hang on to your ankles. Also need a third person to video....

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

When you tie it around your leg, you need your hunting partner to hang on to your ankles. Also need a third person to video....
    All kidding aside i might have to start using a rope. Where i hunt in NY
    there has to be at least 3 points on one side. The buck has to be so close to make sure i probably can rope it.

Spyder Garage

All kidding aside i might have to start using a rope. Where i hunt in NY
    there has to be at least 3 points on one side. The buck has to be so close to make sure i probably can rope it.
    Where in NY do you hunt? I thought NJ had some good deer hunting, although that was years ago.

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

Where in NY do you hunt? I thought NJ had some good deer hunting, although that was years ago.
    Beaver brook, Near Narrowsburg. Where i live in NJ it's bow only.
    From tree stands only, It's like sniping. You have to take 3 doe before you take a buck if you don't want a buck there's no limit on doe. I like walking through the woods with a 45/70. So i hunt at my place in NY.

Spyder Garage

The last time i shot a 50 was in NAM., 1966. hard to explain how it
    feels!!. Thats why i deer/bear hunt with a 45/70.

I was in Nam in '65-66. What unit were you with, where were you?

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

I was in Nam in '65-66. What unit were you with, where were you?
    4th. DIV. TUY HOA / PLEIKU.

Spyder Garage

4th. DIV. TUY HOA / PLEIKU.
    I went over in Aug. '65with 1st Marines, transfered to 9th Marines. Was in weapons. All over I Corps. In Laos a few times. And they called it a Police Action. Currently take 300 pills plus a month, and consider myself one of the lucky ones.

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

I went over in Aug. '65with 1st Marines, transfered to 9th Marines. Was in weapons. All over I Corps. In Laos a few times. And they called it a Police Action. Currently take 300 pills plus a month, and consider myself one of the lucky ones.
    That police action was run by the 3 stooges=
    JOHNSON
    McNAMARA
    WESTMORELAND
    And thats all i have to say,

Spyder Garage

That police action was run by the 3 stooges=
    JOHNSON
    McNAMARA
    WESTMORELAND
    And thats all i have to say,

you hit the nail right on the head.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Lucky to still have face

Sir,

With all do respect as a Fire Arms Instructor and retired Military shooter, you are lucky that was not a hung round. If it was and you instantly opened the breach, simply you would be dead.

As for the primer being to hard, are you shooting reloads? How many times are you going to squeeze off on a bad round....I hope to God you have a little more respect for the weapon as your playing Russian Roulette the way you ae operating that, and i imagine others.

You can get pissy or roll with advice from someone who knows what they are talking about. I hope you choose the advice cause one day your gonna leave an awful mess for someone to clean up if you don't.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by palehorsevt View Post
    Sir,

With all do respect as a Fire Arms Instructor and retired Military shooter, you are lucky that was not a hung round. If it was and you instantly opened the breach, simply you would be dead.

As for the primer being to hard, are you shooting reloads? How many times are you going to squeeze off on a bad round....I hope to God you have a little more respect for the weapon as your playing Russian Roulette the way you ae operating that, and i imagine others.

You can get pissy or roll with advice from someone who knows what they are talking about. I hope you choose the advice cause one day your gonna leave an awful mess for someone to clean up if you don't.
    military shooter? You were on the shooting team or a range safety? I was in the 11M in guard was deployed once and have been a range safety on .50cal ranges.

I guess I forgot to put on here that this was military ball ammo which has hard primers, the guy I bought this .50 said that the spring set is made for reloads and civilian primer setups, the trigger is under 2 pounds and no safety so that is the issue with the missfires. Also the first few times I had this happened I was leary of a hangfire but after doing a few ranges it was more the closed bolt chamber temp cooking off the rounds than a slow delay primer, the military focus was on a overall outlook on range safety, DON"T get me wrong there is a risk of this but after the amount of reloading I have done the slow primer cook off issue is rare to say the least.

The reloads I bought from the guy for hunting and "other" stuff all went off without a problem with this gun, he also said you can get a stiffer spring from estate arms but I sold this gun to a friend of mine.

Again if you had one blew on you personally I can fully understand not wanting that to have that happen to someone else and I am aware of that issue, I mean it would matter more if I was in more of a human condition, and I am in the business of cleaning up other peoples messes which mostly involve booze, drugs and/or cars.
    I am existing right now, would give anything to live again. Fix my sci and you have everything I own.

crash tester for:

www.industrialspecialty.com

http://pitbullpowersportsinc.com/pbp/home.html the best dealer on the planet, sure wish I lived closer.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

No doubt you know your stuff. Active duty,I'm in a chair now so no longer in the field, medicaled out (100%) but instruct as a civilian. AHH the greatest job!!!! Hope I didn't come off short, seen to many guys on you tube with 50BMG's hurting themselves. They have no concept of the power of the round.....Glad your squared away on things. Be well..

Quote Originally Posted by SethO View Post
    military shooter? You were on the shooting team or a range safety? I was in the 11M in guard was deployed once and have been a range safety on .50cal ranges.

I guess I forgot to put on here that this was military ball ammo which has hard primers, the guy I bought this .50 said that the spring set is made for reloads and civilian primer setups, the trigger is under 2 pounds and no safety so that is the issue with the missfires. Also the first few times I had this happened I was leary of a hangfire but after doing a few ranges it was more the closed bolt chamber temp cooking off the rounds than a slow delay primer, the military focus was on a overall outlook on range safety, DON"T get me wrong there is a risk of this but after the amount of reloading I have done the slow primer cook off issue is rare to say the least.

The reloads I bought from the guy for hunting and "other" stuff all went off without a problem with this gun, he also said you can get a stiffer spring from estate arms but I sold this gun to a friend of mine.

Again if you had one blew on you personally I can fully understand not wanting that to have that happen to someone else and I am aware of that issue, I mean it would matter more if I was in more of a human condition, and I am in the business of cleaning up other peoples messes which mostly involve booze, drugs and/or cars.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by palehorsevt View Post
    No doubt you know your stuff. Active duty,I'm in a chair now so no longer in the field, medicaled out (100%) but instruct as a civilian. AHH the greatest job!!!! Hope I didn't come off short, seen to many guys on you tube with 50BMG's hurting themselves. They have no concept of the power of the round.....Glad your squared away on things. Be well..

For sure, It would be great if no one got hurt around firearms, for those on here who have not shot a .50bmg I would HIGHLY reccomend it, with some advance warning you can come shoot my buddies, there really isn't a kick more like a push and the shockwave that goes over ya is crazy. The first one I shot on the civi side had me hooked.

palehorse how did you get in a chair? if ya don't mind me askin on here? I just found out I have to pay the state of MN $5000 because I work and get SS, WTF .
    I am existing right now, would give anything to live again. Fix my sci and you have everything I own.

crash tester for:

http://pitbullpowersportsinc.com/pbp/home.html the best dealer on the planet, sure wish I lived closer.

Spyder Garage

here is what a .50 will do to a deer, if you want to laugh at the "people" who post some of the dumbest crap on the internet, the posts are epic.

crash tester for: