Spyder Garage

Default My Handlerbars Keep Coming Loose - anyone else? Fix?

I have to tighten my handlerbars after riding sometimes, anyone else here have that problem? I think I'm going to use some of the tighten glue, the blue kind. I was riding the other day and my handlebars slipped one notch while I was in a slow turn.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 06-06-2022 at 07:53 PM. Reason: Title & sliped ;-)
    U.S.Marine Corps
    Vietnam-Veteran 68/69

Spyder Garage

Do you have a torque wrench? If so, tighten to spec. Gradually tighten each fastener in turn more and more until you reached the correct tightness.
    If you don't have a torque wrench, go on line a look for Harbor Freight coupons. The often put their torque wrenches on sale. Their cheaper line will get you in the ball park.
    https://www.harborfreight.com/38-in-...=torque+wrench
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RICZ View Post
    Do you have a torque wrench? If so, tighten to spec. Gradually tighten each fastener in turn more and more until you reached the correct tightness.
    If you don't have a torque wrench, go on line a look for Harbor Freight coupons. The often put their torque wrenches on sale. Their cheaper line will get you in the ball park.
    https://www.harborfreight.com/38-in-...=torque+wrench
    The screw that is in the center of the flip lid to set the handlebar is where I want it to be position is the problem screw I use a flat head screwdriver to tighten it. It has to be tighten counter clockwise to be tighten.
    Last edited by Beanz1; 06-06-2022 at 10:21 PM.
    U.S.Marine Corps
    Vietnam-Veteran 68/69

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz1 View Post
    The screw that is in the center of the flip lid to set the handlebar is where I want it to be position is the problem screw I use a flat head screwdriver to tighten it. It has to be tighten counter clockwise to be tighten.
    Torque wrenches work counter clockwise too. There are screwdriver sockets as well.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome