Spyder Garage

Default Building your own 'pull behind Spyder' trailer

I know many have built their own trailers, so this might be an exhausted topic .. so I apologize. Anyway thinking about building my own trailer for my 2021 RTL. I had thought about mounting a cartop carrier onto a fabricated frame. Are there any thoughts on that, anyone have a carrier big enough to make this viable?

Also a sheet aluminum “box” is the most flexible for size and shape... but .. and here is my real question I think .. I do not have access to any bending or special forming things so it might have to be angular, which I’d like to avoid.

Does anyone have any idea - or pictures - of their trailer that might have solved this, or at least made it more palatable? I’m going to try and attach a picture of one we saw on the road. This was big (awesome!!), but too boxy I think.
    Does anyone have any plans they used? Imma gonna need some direction!

Also interested in hitch recommendations. I want ZERO issues with the Can0Bus system ... plug and play please.

LED light kit for trailer lights???

D84222C0-CAB3-41A3-AFFD-B982CD41C190.jpg

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 06-06-2022 at 05:24 AM. Reason: trail - trailer ;-)
    2021 RT Limited in Marsala Red & chrome (9/20)
    2006 Yamaha Royal Star Venture - Black Cherry
    2003 Suzuki Volusia - Black w/ Gold
    1973 Honda CL350 - Hawaiian Blue

2021 Limited , MArsala Red & Chrome

Spyder Garage

I don’t have an opinion on the trailer, but I would bet the tow vehicle in the photo is a 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra, Frosted Ivory over Heritage Gold. Only a few hundred were built in that color. That was the last Harley I owned.
    2021 Sea to Sky

Mods: Pedal Commander, RLS Black Ceramic Coated Cat Delete, Passenger Armrests, Driver Backrest, FOBO TPMS, Wolo Bad Boy Air Horn, Foam Handgrips

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaSTS View Post
    I don’t have an opinion on the trailer, but I would bet the tow vehicle in the photo is a 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra, Frosted Ivory over Heritage Gold. Only a few hundred were built in that color. That was the last Harley I owned.
    LOL
    You are exactly correct. My friends bike. He bought it new. 77k miles on it.
    2021 RT Limited in Marsala Red & chrome (9/20)
    2006 Yamaha Royal Star Venture - Black Cherry
    2003 Suzuki Volusia - Black w/ Gold
    1973 Honda CL350 - Hawaiian Blue

2021 Limited , MArsala Red & Chrome

Spyder Garage

Harbor Freight used to sell a small cargo trailer with the cartop body on a small frame. I know of a few folks who have them and really like them. You can still buy the small trailer and add the cartop cargo box. Harbor Freight sells both standard and LED light kits. Bruce
    New to Sue and I
    2021, LTD, Asphalt Gray, 22,000 miles
    Gone but not forgotten
    RTS 2011 SM5, 95,000 miles

Spyder Garage

Here is a link to a small cargo trailer. https://www.northerntool.com/shop/to...=P-SalesRank|1 Bruce
    New to Sue and I
    2021, LTD, Asphalt Gray, 22,000 miles
    Gone but not forgotten
    RTS 2011 SM5, 95,000 miles

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by safecracker View Post
    Here is a link to a small cargo trailer. https://www.northerntool.com/shop/to...=P-SalesRank|1 Bruce
    safecracker here's got your back here Bruce. I bought one of the last ones when HF had them on closeout sale. Boy was I lucky. You will be money and time ahead with that little trailer from Northern. It weighs only 150 lbs at the most. Get an OEM BRP hitch with plug and play harness and have a local dealer tech install it for you. Then you will be all done and ready to travel. The other way is to do as you mentioned. Get the small 4x4 trailer from HF and put a cartop carrier on. But, if you are not into DIY fitting and bending and wireing. I'd go with Northern. Best of luck, you'll be happy either way.