Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Ex-Rocket View Post
    Mike , do you believe the new tire will be sticky enough? 520 seems to be a pretty hard compound.
    520 is on the high side, however that isn't always the case for poor traction.... A few years back a Michelien tire also had a Utog that looked high but the tire had excellent WET traction .... and the ratings numbers ( 3 of 4 ) for this Riken are actually slightly better the RT43. ... I've seen folks here who have tires with a Utog of 800 +, and they seem to like them. Time will tell ....From experience all tires lose a lot of wet traction when they wear close to the wear bars, the DRY traction really won't be affected by Wear. Remember the highest traction is provide by a DRY SLICK tire .. Mike
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 06-10-2022 at 11:45 PM. Reason: looke dhigh... ;-)

Spyder Garage

Just ordered the Riken on tire rack. I clicked a button that said I don't want to identify my vehicle. I'll be $108 shipped to my home.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 06-12-2022 at 06:57 PM. Reason: radio??
    2017 RT , White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kbrojako View Post
    Just ordered the Riken on tire rack. I clicked a button that said I don't want to identify my vehicle. I'll be $108 shipped to my home.
    Good for you, that's the way I learned to do it years ago.... A few folks here have bought it also .... I guess we are going to be the TEST mules for these ....... Keep us informed about how it performs .... PS, I have the REAR tire and only plan to use 18-19 psi ..... Mike
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 06-13-2022 at 10:28 AM. Reason: REASR ?? ;-)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kbrojako View Post
    Thanks, I'll hunt for that button the next time I try. I didn't see it before.

My Michelin isn't really worn out yet, it still has as much rubber above the wear bars as there is below the bars, and all the rain sipes are still fully evident. But my inspection and renewal is in July, so I thought I'd get ahead of that.
    NEW - 2015 RT Limited SE6 Intense Red Pearl - 07/21/15
    Retained the old mirrors with TricLed Signals
    General Altimax RT43 rear tire (at...17,000 miles) Ran for 36,500 miles
    Michelin Defender.......rear tire (at...53,500 miles) Ran for 60,700 miles
    Riken Raptor HR.........rear tire (at 114,200 miles)
    Vredestein Quatrac 5 front tires (at 70,500 miles, first new fronts!)
    Gear Brake Decelerometer Module

OLD - 2012 RT Limited SE5 Pearl White - 01/31/13 - Traded in at 32,600 miles.
    BajaRon Anti-sway Bar
    Kumho ECSTA AST rear tire (at 14,200 miles)
    TricLed Turn Signals in Mirrors
    2015 Limited , Intense Red Pearl

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by missouriboy View Post
    Thanks, I'll hunt for that button the next time I try. I didn't see it before.

My Michelin isn't really worn out yet, it still has as much rubber above the wear bars as there is below the bars, and all the rain sipes are still fully evident. But my inspection and renewal is in July, so I thought I'd get ahead of that.
    With supply issues being what they are now ..... that's a good idea ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

Anyone that has darksided a GoldWing knows the less Tire Rack knows, the better. BTW, I see that Walmart has the Altimax RT 43 in 215/60-15 on clearance at $120.22 delivered.
    "Love 'em all.... Let GOD sort 'em out!"
    2021 RTL Dark Chalk Metallic with comfort seat
    1978 GL1000 w/'75 engine show bike
    1976 RD400c

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pidjones View Post
    Anyone that has darksided a GoldWing knows the less Tire Rack knows, the better. BTW, I see that Walmart has the Altimax RT 43 in 215/60-15 on clearance at $120.22 delivered.
    And tire rack is $119.99 with free shipping ....... Mike

Spyder Garage

I just bought a pair of tires from tire rack here in tucson. There was no problem getting them installed by them due to the rims being j rims. The manager stated there would not be a problem as long as they were j type rims. He did tell me they would not do the rear due to the amount of work,
    2011 rt , pearl white

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by remus View Post
    I just bought a pair of tires from tire rack here in tucson. There was no problem getting them installed by them due to the rims being j rims. The manager stated there would not be a problem as long as they were j type rims. He did tell me they would not do the rear due to the amount of work,
    WOW .... you lucked out ..... you encountered someone with a BRAIN ..... ( & Ball* ) It rare to find anyone with Both those qualities these days .... Mike