Spyder Garage

Default Cleaning advice - do you use anything to protect the finish?

For those of you that clean your Ryker do you use anything after to protect the finish. My manual for a 2021 Rally says no wax so I am just wondering if anyone uses anything to protect the finish or protect it from UV rays. Is a spray wax ok? Also I have some white scuff marks (looks like from tennis shoes) by the footpegs, any advice for cleaning would be appreciated.

Spyder Garage

Not sure about UV, but I'm a fan of Meguiar's quick detailing spray. Works pretty slick on most any surface I've run across, including the Ryker ...
    Half a million miles, and I ain't dead yet.

See my album at https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...p?albumid=5190

Spyder Garage

I use Turtle in the spray , works well for me .
    2018 RTL , dark blue

Spyder Garage

Pledge. For scuffs try tire spray foam on plastic. We use it on sleds and wheelers all the time.
    Last edited by Wmoater; 06-08-2022 at 05:15 AM.

“Born to Ride......Ride to Live....MOATER ON !
    “Current ride: 2017 RT Limited”

Spyder Garage

I use a good carwash to clean an the put Carpro Reload sealant on all surfaces. 1stb time do a few layers so that the plastic sucks it up. After that a new layer every few months - this will protect the bike from, salt on the road etc..
    Ryker Rally 2022 - customized into a very special one of a kind touring edition .
    H&R swaybar + end links - F4 16" windshield - warning lights - scuff plate - jockey shifter - Commander floorboards - - Big Eye mirrors - BLR overflow - Spyderextras driver backrest - custom build racks - MoskoMoto backcountry panniers & Givi topcase

Spyder Garage

I use Mother's Back to Black to bring out the blackness in the black.
    U.S.Marine Corps
    Vietnam-Veteran 68/69

Spyder Garage

I use Meguires "Ulimate Black", which I believe is very similar to Beanz's recommendation of Back to Black. I have used it for years on my old 2011 Polaris Rzr, which I purchased used. It has a lot of black plastic like the Ryker. The Ultimate Black really revitalized the richness of the black plastic, almost to new condition. So I now use it on the Ryker every few months to keep the black parts nice. I have painted the colored panels of my Ryker, so I use Meguires Ultimate spray wax on those. It doesn't leave white marks, which is good if some of it gets on the black plastics.
    IMG_0186.jpg
    Last edited by JeffAZ; 06-10-2022 at 07:20 PM.

Spyder Garage

I'm tempted to try this stuff ... works wonders on tires and body moldings, eh. And I just so happen to have a bottle handy. Hmmmmmmm ...

Last edited by Peter Aawen; 06-10-2022 at 10:35 PM. Reason: eh.And...
    Half a million miles, and I ain't dead yet.

See my album at https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...p?albumid=5190

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by sKiZo View Post
    I'm tempted to try this stuff ... works wonders on tires and body moldings, eh. And I just so happen to have a bottle handy. Hmmmmmmm ...

You know you're going to try it Let us know how it works.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JeffAZ View Post
    I use Meguires "Ulimate Black", which I believe is very similar to Beanz's recommendation of Back to Black. I have used it for years on my old 2011 Polaris Rzr, which I purchased used. It has a lot of black plastic like the Ryker. The Ultimate Black really revitalized the richness of the black plastic, almost to new condition. So I now use it on the Ryker every few months to keep the black parts nice. I have painted the colored panels of my Ryker, so I use Meguires Ultimate spray wax on those. It doesn't leave white marks, which is good if some of it gets on the black plastics.
    IMG_0186.jpg
    Thanks, I use Meguiars on my other vehicles I will give this a try. So you use it on everything that isn't painted?

Spyder Garage

Yes, I use the Ultimate Black on all the black plastics of all my vehicles. The instructions say it can be used on all colors of plastic, but it seems all the plastics on my vehicles are black.

I wouldn't use tire dressing on the Ryker plastics. Most tire dressings contain petroleum distillates, which I don't think would be good for plastic in the long term.