Spyder Garage

Default Questions on adding cruise control to an 2015 base F3

Hey all,
    I just recently got my first spyder, a 2015 base F3 manual transmission, and I'm looking to add cruise control to it. I've been reading through the other forum posts, and I saw where I can purchase the part #710004583 to add it (I think the part # used to be 710004146, but I'm guessing they changed it). However, I wasn't sure if that part # applied to both the SE6 and SM6, or if it was just for the SE6. Will I still be able to add cruise control using that part # with mine being a manual transmission, or will it not be compatible with a manual transmission?

Thanks for the help and good ryding.

Edit: I ended up getting and installing the part #710004583 and it works just fine on the SM6.
    Last edited by Reinhardt; 09-01-2022 at 02:50 PM.
    2015 F3 , Black

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Reinhardt View Post
    Hey all,
    I just recently got my first spyder, a 2015 base F3 manual transmission, and I'm looking to add cruise control to it. I've been reading through the other forum posts, and I saw where I can purchase the part #710004583 to add it (I think the part # used to be 710004146, but I'm guessing they changed it). However, I wasn't sure if that part # applied to all of the the different transmissions. Will I still be able to add cruise control using that part # with mine being a manual transmission, or will it not be compatible with a manual transmission?

If I can add it to my bike, then I was wondering about getting a used right throttle unit that I found on ebay to use the housing unit and wires for the cruise control, which would save $100. Would this be compatible with mine since it's from a 2021 SE6 and mine is a 2015 manual? I'm not the most tech savvy guy, so I wanted to get your guys opinion on if that part from ebay would work or if I should just stick with getting a new part #710004583?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/304184006035

Thanks for the help and good riding.
    I can't say for sure ..... CHEAPCYCLEPARTS.COM ( which stopped business recently ) had a feature on there site that could tell you what parts were inter-changeable with what other Spyders ( and years ) .... I don't know if any of the othjer parts sites can do that ..... good luck ... Mike