Spyder Garage

Default Blue Ridge Parkway 2021

Here's a video from The Blue Ridge Parkway - Sept 2021

https://youtu.be/ILjE3dkV4LY
    2022 RT-L , Silver

Spyder Garage

Beautiful, but I think I'd get a speeding ticket for sure. I can't handle crawling like that and the speed limit is like 40.

Spyder Garage

Sue and I plan on riding the Skyline drive and BRP last week of June thru the first week of July. We have 12 days. Hope the weather cooperates. Bruce
    New to Sue and I
    2021, LTD, Asphalt Gray, 22,000 miles
    Gone but not forgotten
    RTS 2011 SM5, 95,000 miles

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by safecracker View Post
    Sue and I plan on riding the Skyline drive and BRP last week of June thru the first week of July. We have 12 days. Hope the weather cooperates. Bruce
    You will enjoy that ride. I am not certain of the section, but I got a notification of an area that would be closing and detours would be posted. It is my thoughts that this particular area will be closed all summer.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by safecracker View Post
    They are both beautiful, a couple things to know, if you don't already: Skyline Drive requires entry fee or NP pass ( I have the senior one that only expires when I do), there is only one exit besides the North and South entrances, speed limit is 35 mph all the way, and many cagers go slower than that. BRP is free and has many exit and entrance points, some of the connecting roads are worth a side trip, speed limit varies from 45 to 35 mph, I've never had a problem going a little over these, but other vehicles will sometimes determine your speed anyway. Enjoy!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by adipaola View Post
    Beautiful, but I think I'd get a speeding ticket for sure. I can't handle crawling like that and the speed limit is like 40.
    I thought that way for many years so I didn’t ride it, there is so many views and tight corners that I really didn’t want to go faster. Do your self a favor and ride it.

Spyder Garage

The west bound section at the exit where NC Rt 421 crosses the BRP was closed as of 6/7/22. Not sure how far west the closure goes.
    Two Wheelers from 1963-2011

Three Wheelers:
    2011 RT(Red)
    2014 RT(white)
    2016 F3T(red)
    2022 RT current ride(silver)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The only current closures in NC I'm aware of are Alligator Back to Bamboo Gap (just south of the VA state line) and Beech Gap to Balsam (about 40 miles north of the TN state line). I think the 421 to Blowing Gap closure was temporary. The BRP is pretty good about detours.
    2021 Honda HRV
    2245 Constitution class starship (refitted 2270-2271) (for sale)
    2021 Can Am Spyder RT (gone)
    2019 Honda CR-V (gone)
    2018 Can Am Spyder RT Limited (gone)
    2014 Kawasaki Nomad (gone)

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MONK View Post
    The only current closures in NC I'm aware of are Alligator Back to Bamboo Gap (just south of the VA state line) and Beech Gap to Balsam (about 40 miles north of the TN state line). I think the 421 to Blowing Gap closure was temporary. The BRP is pretty good about detours.
    We tried to exit 421 onto the BRP and travel south Memorial Day weekend. It is still closed there, but there is a nice detour and it isn't that long.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Maybe I shouldn't admit this but when we ride the BRP, we rarely move at less than 50mph. Passing the flower-sniffers is fairly easy unless you get stuck behind a caravan of slowpokes. Then passing becomes FUN!
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White