Spyder Garage

Default Did you have to wait long to acquire your new Ryker?

I gave my down payment on a 2022 Ryker 600 in mid-April to guarantee first dibs on the spring shipment, and the dealer showed me the shipment form from Can Am, and it listed May as the estimated shipment month. “Estimated” apparently being the key word. Well, I’m still waiting for delivery to my dealer so I can pick it up.

Are the Rykers that popular, or is it that delivery/shipping is slow right now. Hell, I want to enjoy my new toy THIS summer, not next. LOL.

Dale

Spyder Garage

Your dealer should have a new estimated date once the first one was passed. Its been posted for months now, I wouldn’t be surprised if the new date says July 12th or July 20th shipping date. April is really late for first dibs? The production line has been behind since January. Not sure, either all or some of the spyder production lines will be shut down last week of July. The schedule has been posted and sled production will be moved ahead 1 month this year.

“Born to Ride......Ride to Live....MOATER ON !
    “Current ride: 2017 RT Limited”

Spyder Garage

Seems to be worldwide problem....Chip shortage due to Covid in China. There are a few chips in the Can-Am machines.
    Also did you notice May of what year?

Spyder Garage

Can Am’s response:

“I can understand that waiting for a new unit can be frustrating and we do appreciate your patience so far. We (as well as many other industries) are currently suffering through a raw material shortage. On top with the labor shortage and freight delays we have seen, this has caused delays on units leaving the factory.”

Spyder Garage

I went to one dealer and the man gave me all kinds of BS. I told him I was going to have the money to pay for the Ryker up front. He told me if that was how I was going to pay for it there would be no problem. Well I go to my credit union get the loan approved. Go back the next week and the BS keeps rolling off his lips. I go back to my credit union and tell them my problem, they tell me I have thirty days to find a Ryker or Spyder of my choice before I'd have to put in for a new loan. To make a long story short, I found a dealership in Nashville IL. and had my 2021 Ryker Rally shipped to me in one week.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 06-09-2022 at 06:33 PM. Reason: ' 's ;-)
    U.S.Marine Corps
    Vietnam-Veteran 68/69

Spyder Garage

I don't know about 2022's, but I know last year it took me awhile to track down a dealer with any inventory coming in. They wanted a cash reserve or they would sell the bike. Seller's market last year. I had to drive 2.5 hours away and that was the closest one. That was their last shipment for the year they told me, they got 6 and all were sold before they arrived. Can't imagine it is any better this year.

Spyder Garage

Got mine last May, Two out of three dealers had a couple. One dealer had just two and both had to be assembled. The other dealer had a floor model and one to assemble, he wanted to sell me the floor model and not the crate one. The third dealer had none and didn't know when his would be in. Sooo I worked a good deal with dealer #1. He
    assembled his bikes and I traded my Ducati Monster....

Spyder Garage

Seems like you are correct. The follow up from the dealer a month ago was “June into July” for the delivery estimate date and here I am, in July, and still no bike. I have to be patient and not burn any bridges with the dealer because they gave me an awesome deal and they’re the only dealer close enough to me to get the bike serviced in the future. Everyone else is over an hour away. So I wait.

Spyder Garage

I preorderd my 2022 back in July of 2021 when I saw the new Rally edition. I got the first one in Miami FL on December 22 of 2021. My dealership had a total of 15 units sent to them. All were sold by mid January and they have been waiting for a restock since.
    2019 Rally , Black with red panels

Spyder Garage

I was finally told today that my new 2022 Ryker has finally come in and been delivered to the dealer and will now be fully assembled. I will have it by the end of July.

It only took 3 months to be delivered to the dealer!

Spyder Garage

I put a down payment on a 22 RTL January 27, 2022 for a bike from my dealerships allotment. The bike was at that time due in May but now I’m told August. I recently heard from another salesperson and a different place that BRP has problems with getting some electrical parts across their whole product line including Can Am, Sea Doo and Ski Doo. It’s just the whole globalization of manufacturing, supply chain disruptions and continued concerns globally with Covid. I’m happy though the price was locked in January before all of this inflation of late. I can’t imagine the pricing on 2023 model year Spyders.

This new 2022 Spyder is for my wife who decided to use this known delay time to get her second knee replacement surgery. By August she should be up and about well and ready to get rolling again. Good luck with your new purchase.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 07-14-2022 at 10:23 PM. Reason: Removed political comment iaw Rule 2! :-/
    2021 Spyder RT Limited Asphalt Gray Chrome Edition
    2022 Spyder RT Limited Hyper Silver Chrome Edition
    Spyderco Paramilitary 2
    Vanquest Gen 2 7x10 First Aid Trauma Pack
    Garage Door Opener
    iPass
    DJI Action 2
    Tackform Anti-Vibe Phone Cradle
    UltraGard Full Covers
    Show Chrome rear trunk lid lift strut
    Noco Genius 1
    Noco GBX Booster X
    Show Chrome Platinum Grande Adjustable Padded Driver Backrest with Storage Pouch
    Baseus Cordless Inflator