Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm sure your post will get more likes and thanks than mine. It does seem to be the prevailing view of the alternate reality universe.
    Last edited by UtahPete; 06-05-2022 at 09:29 PM.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    I appreciate your candid and respectful feedback. I am still trying to know, understand and appreciate where "conservatives" are coming from on this and other societal issues.
    I think "conservatives" are not sheep going with the herd and would like the freedom of being able to choose ICE or EV vehicles rather than being forced to choose by way of regulations. In regards to other societal issues, it boggles my mind how a navy vet (retired or otherwise) who took an oath to defend the Constitution could vote for a party hell bent on dismantling one of our Constitutional rights, namely the 2nd Amendment.
    21 Spyder base F3

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    I appreciate your candid and respectful feedback. I am still trying to know, understand and appreciate where "conservatives" are coming from on this and other societal issues.
    Well,, we'll have to meet halfway, say Reno or Salt Lake City for a week or so to hash that one out. And you mentioned the power grids and ownerships in regards to the Texas freeze issue. Here in Mexifornia, we have a couple of large power suppliers. One, possibly being the largest, is PG&E. Pacific Gas and Electric. Their antiquated infrastructure is the cause of two known wildland fires that destroyed two cities and killed nearly a hundred people. They placed profits above safety to fund their executives and shareholders. Decaying gas lines that exploded and unattended powerlines throughout their service area. At least 3 confirmed PG&E related fires have caused deaths. PG&E has been convicted on each one of those fires and has been fined heavily as a result. Victims have been waiting for years for reparations while high paid lawyers haggle with the system and dispersion of funds. Sad, so very sad to say the least.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by canamjhb
    I have been sitting on the sidelines (mostly) and reading this thread with interest. There have been posts that I think the moderators have been very liberal in allowing. Thank you for that. This is an important current issue effecting ALL of us. Having said that, I want to interject my 2 cents worth of wisdom. I DO expect that I will get spanked and this post will get deleted or severely altered. But anyway, here goes.....
    I'm sorry canamjhb, but you knew that was gonna happen when you posted it .... so why didja hafta wait 'til I was the only Moderator on the boards before putting that up! Thanks heaps! ......

Anyhow, as I'm sure you've all realised, the Moderators/Admin Team has been watching this thread very closely - simply because the subject & the strong feelings around it meant it was always going to produce some strong & diametrically opposed opinions, so it was always very likely to head south &/or start a political stoush!! We've tried to let the discussion proceed without too much intervention, but the post just hidden has taken it juuust a tad too far (yeah, just a tad... right! ) . And given that I'm the only one on the boards right now, so the Mod/Admin Team can't discuss a suitable way to let the thread proceed just yet, I'm going to pull the plug on it until we can... In the meantime, I'm sorry everyone, but please watch this space..... altho I don't think there'll be any public spanking spectacles....
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 06-06-2022 at 12:45 AM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    I'm sorry canamjhb, but you knew that was gonna happen when you posted it .... so why didja hafta wait 'til I was the only Moderator on the boards before putting that up! Thanks heaps! ......

Anyhow, as I'm sure you've all realised, the Moderators/Admin Team has been watching this thread very closely - simply because the subject & the strong feelings around it meant it was always going to produce some strong & diametrically opposed opinions, so it was always very likely to head south &/or start a political stoush!! We've tried to let the discussion proceed without too much intervention, but the post just hidden has taken it juuust a tad too far (yeah, just a tad... right! ) . And given that I'm the only one on the boards right now, so the Mod/Admin Team can't discuss a suitable way to let the thread proceed just yet, I'm going to pull the plug on it until we can... In the meantime, I'm sorry everyone, but please watch this space..... altho I don't think there'll be any public spanking spectacles....
    I am right on with you Peter. The delete was right on, and Canam...was right on the money about it being political and dooming the post.

I will say, that up to that point, there were some close calls, but most respected the others viewpoints without being political or nasty about it to others.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red