Spyder Garage

Default Anyone know of/have a Pre Delivery Checklist/Inspection list? Suggestions?

I'm due to pick up a '22 RTL in a few days and was wondering if anyone knew of a checklist I could use during the delivery process. If no, could you offer suggestions as to key issues I could look for? I did a search but was unable to come up with anything. Thank you

Spyder Garage

There is one that comes with your new Spyder. Mine was behind the frunk liner velcroed to the battery cover. No one ever touched it or check marked anything on it prior to delivery. I guess my dealer doesn't bother with them. But anyway it is there if you need it.
    2022 Petrol Metallic RT Limited / 'PYDER'
    Peter Pan has struck again!

Spyder Garage

I have not received mine yet, but when I do get it, the first thing I'll check is the ride height connector arm (don't know that actual names) that connects the height sensor with the rear wheel trailing arm.

This small connecting arm is disconnected for boxing and shipping. It is often forgotten during unboxing assembly. This results in the ride height being very low and bottoming-out causing rear suspension damage. Also, because the computer doesn't sense the actual ride height, the compressor may run all the time trying to raise the bike.

Shawn Smoaks talked about this in one of his videos from last year. If I can find it, I'll add the link.

Quote Originally Posted by FrogmanDave View Post
    There is one that comes with your new Spyder. Mine was behind the frunk liner velcroed to the battery cover. No one ever touched it or check marked anything on it prior to delivery. I guess my dealer doesn't bother with them. But anyway it is there if you need it.
    Thank you Frogman! That will be really useful when my bike is ready for pick-up.
    2022 Spyder Sea to Sky Mystery Blue
    2009 Suzuki Boulevard M50 SE

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by GFrog View Post
    I have not received mine yet, but when I do get it, the first thing I'll check is the ride height connector arm (don't know that actual names) that connects the height sensor with the rear wheel trailing arm.

This small connecting arm is disconnected for boxing and shipping. It is often forgotten during unboxing assembly. This results in the ride height being very low and bottoming-out causing rear suspension damage. Also, because the computer doesn't sense the actual ride height, the compressor may run all the time trying to raise the bike.

Shawn Smoaks talked about this in one of his videos from last year. If I can find it, I'll add the link.

Thank you Frogman! That will be really useful when my bike is ready for pick-up.
    Good suggestion to check this. Mine was not connected and while I was crawling underneath just to look around about a month after I bought it I noticed it.

linkage.jpg
    2021 RTL Chrome, Chalk White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by agrimm01 View Post
    Good suggestion to check this. Mine was not connected and while I was crawling underneath just to look around about a month after I bought it I noticed it.
    That thing must have rode that crap! It must have made a world of difference once you got it hooked up and calibrated with Buds.

Spyder Garage

I would also look at the lower rear shock bolt, mine was about to fall out.
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by agrimm01 View Post

linkage.jpg
    Good picture, Thank you!
    2022 Spyder Sea to Sky Mystery Blue
    2009 Suzuki Boulevard M50 SE

Spyder Garage

I would really like to see that checklist if anyone has one and can scan it...
    2020 RT Limited Deep Marsala Chrome

2020 RT Limited , Marsala Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfixer View Post
    I would really like to see that checklist if anyone has one and can scan it...
    Here you go Jetfixer! Like I said previously, my dealer did none of this when I picked up my Spyder. But I have a relationship with them so maybe it was a bit less formal. I can assure you that everything was in order as far as the Spyder pre-delivery was concerned.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by FrogmanDave View Post
    Here you go Jetfixer! Like I said previously, my dealer did none of this when I picked up my Spyder. But I have a relationship with them so maybe it was a bit less formal. I can assure you that everything was in order as far as the Spyder pre-delivery was concerned.
    Thank you very much! I work on a lot of friends' Spyders, and I can tell you that very few of them have the customer info installed via BUDS. Makes me wonder what else they skipped...
    2020 RT Limited Deep Marsala Chrome

2020 RT Limited , Marsala Red

Spyder Garage

Many thanks FrogmanDave!
    2022 RT Deep Marsala Metallic