Spyder Garage

Default Awaiting new Spyder, but ...

I know how many of you here feel - awaiting your machine to be delivered. My story’s a little different.

Bought mine from a dealer 1,370 miles away, on April 26th. Scheduling problems with trucking companies includes cycle haulers. But, finally, HaulBikes is supposed to deliver my new ride sometime between this Sunday and Tuesday. Yay !!!!

Now - the neat part ... the bike. It is a *brand new*, never titled, 73-mile 2017 F3-S Daytona 500 SM6 !!! Has both the passenger seat and the cowl (with both keys!). Verified that it has a full 24-month warranty. I know, most folk don’t like the manual transmission. My wife’s 2015 F3-S is SE6. But I actually prefer the manual. Think I got the best of both worlds: a new unit; a “special” model within the series; a complete unit, with all its parts, on the showroom floor; full warranty, and eligible for the extra 3yr extension; and paid considerably less Out The Door than what a ‘22 model F3-S would have set me back.

I know I have some maintenance to do once it arrives. Plan on a 30-mile ride to the house, to get up to temp, then change that 5-year-old engine oil. Would normally wait until about 200 miles, but not at this age. Also, gonna be flushing out the brakes / clutch systems. Worried about moisture in there. Asked the dealer if they’d take care of this, since it’s WAY overdue time-wise. They balked a little, and I figure that, since I know nothing of their service department’s skill - and I got what I consider a very fair OTD deal - I would just do these things myself. Also, already have several new accessories at the house awaiting install.

Feel like a kid staring at the presents under the Christmas tree ... !!!

White 2015 F3-S SE6 - “Gypsy” (hers)
    Yellow 2017 F3-S Daytona 500 SM6 (his)

Spyder Garage

Sounds like you've got a good deal on what should be a great Spyder! But we do need to see pics once it's arrived!

That said, this last bit of waiting might just be the longest few days you've ever experienced!! I reckon the unwritten '90/90 Rule of Project Management' may well apply here, just like it does to pregnancies & many other waiting experiences....

Oh, you want to know what that '90/90 Rule' actually is? . It's simple really - paraphrasing a bit here, it basically means that The First 90% of any Project (or pregnancy; wait for Spyder; etc... ) will take 90% of the time allocated; while the Last 10% will take (what feels like) another 90% of that time!! . Those last few days of anything - Projects, pregnancies, or waiting for your Spyder to arrive, can reeeeeaaaaaallllyyyy drag and feel like they take forever! . But hang in there, it'll be worth it, I'm sure!!

BTW, it's not that many of us don't like 'manual gearboxes', cos we all actually have manual gearboxes in our Spyders - it's just that the SE's have a sexy clutch & some high speed, electronically activated, flappy paddle initiated shifting . while the SM's have old school clutch levers & foot operated pedals that can only shift at the (much slower) speed governed & limited by the operator's reflexes, muscles, & thought processes!

Just Sayin' . But I bet you'll still enjoy the heck outta your SM Daytona.... once it arrives!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-31-2022 at 06:25 PM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Congratulations BC! They are a really cool looking machine. It looks like Martin the Vlogger's Beast before he put all the lifting paint wrap.

While we wait for your pictures, here is short video of one: https://youtu.be/kxpv2YEOA_c
    2022 Spyder Sea to Sky Mystery Blue
    2009 Suzuki Boulevard M50 SE

Spyder Garage

Neat video. Guess that’s a pre-production model. Has non-standard fenders for a F3-S (well, in USA, anyway) that I have only seen on a BRP advertising pic.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Congrats.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Sounds like some fun TX riding on the way there BC, enjoy. Speaking of, Peter Aawen, I enjoy reading your comments.

Spyder Garage

CONGRATULATIONS!!
    Would like to see you two ride to Kerrville again. Hope you can spend several days next time.
    Let me know!
    Meanwhile... wishing you miles of smiles!!
    2021 RT Ltd, Marsala Red/Black, Dark
    New course heading Mr Sulu: 2nd star to the right and straight on til morning...

Spyder Garage

Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD

Spyder Garage

I'm very envious, I can't find one of those anywhere near me for any kind of decent price.There are several SE model F3s, but no SMs.

Haulbikes is a great company, I've had them deliver a few bikes over the years.

I have a different opinion of the SE - I've had mine for over three years and I can't say that I'm fond of it. For me it's an annoying system that interferes with my preferred riding style. I can live with it (obviously) and I understand that it can shift faster, but that irrelevant when I just don't enjoy the feel of it.

it would be great if the wife wanted to drive it, but she doesn't so it's just me as pilot, and I'd rather have a manual.
    2014 RT-S Orange - LED headlights/driving lights, LED under mirror turns, LED brake/run lights along trunk and saddlebags, LED third brake light, LED turn bulb replacements, Magic Mirrors, Voltmeter, Oil PSI gauge, heated gear connection, BRP backrest, dash Mount USB plug, Lamonster belt tensioner, Baja Ron sway bar, NBV highway pegs, BRP arm rests M2 suspension.
    2014 RT-S , Orange

Spyder Garage

Got a delivery today ...

Odometer showed 73.7 miles when I backed it off the truck.

Have several accessories in hand already to install, so will report back with updated pics in a few days.
    Last edited by BCNewell; 06-06-2022 at 10:07 PM.

Spyder Garage

Glad you finally got it ,that is a good looking Spyder F3.
    Now go out and ryde the wheels of it,lol
    Ryde safe and enjoy the ryde
    Artie
    2017 RTL Asphalt Grey Metallic Chrome
    2017 RTL , Asphalt Grey Mettalic

Spyder Garage

Spent about 6 hours in the garage last night, installing goodies. Had just about every body panel off it!! At least now I know how lots of things work, now ...

Installed used BRP backrest; used BRP Chopped Rear Fender (from my wife’s F3-S, she liked stock better, so changed all parts from one bike to the other); TufSkinz wheel accent stripes; SlingMods highway pegs mounted to factory front pegs; Lamonster LED fog light kit; Lamonster H4 LED headlight kit; Lamonster F3 fuel cap.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Congrats it's like I have a twin!!! (apart from the clutch bit). Should appreciate over time if the market ever goes muscle car esque you would think.
    They sure stand out on the road, wifes has a black F3 and she complains no one gives her a second look whereas I leave a trail of dislocated knecks in my wake
    2017 F3S Daytona , Circuit Yellow Metalic

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Spyder F3

Yes, that's a fine looking machine.
    Remember to Ryde Safe and Enjoy your Ryde. ....
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

Definitely a nice lookin ride BC. Are you gonna name it Bumblebee? Looks like Bumblebee from the Transformers. Maybe BumbleBC?
    2021 RT Base - Petrol Blue