Spyder Garage

Default Have any other New Ryker owners seen this damage?

I just bought a new Ryker Rally and am going back and forth with a dealer (imagine that) about some damage. I am mad at myself for not seeing this myself before I left, but the tear kind of blends in along the seam of the fascia (front bumper that wraps around grill) and rocker panel. I noticed this as soon as I got home, but of course the dealer is blaming me. Has anyone seen damage in this spot? I would think it either comes from assembly or the front was pushed in, or possibly a known pressure point that have given others problems?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

When you are talking about "dealer," was this an employee, or management you had the discussion with? Less than management, I would go back and have a heart to heart talk with them. The claim that you did it, is absurd IMO. Where are the corresponding scratches that shows you had some kind of "accident" with your new Ryker.

That is manufacturing defect for sure. Before getting to excited, naming names, calling names, etc., give the above a try first. The ole "give em enough rope to hang themselves" ploy.

Let us know what transpires.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MonPaul View Post
    I just bought a new Ryker Rally and am going back and forth with a dealer (imagine that) about some damage. I am mad at myself for not seeing this myself before I left, but the tear kind of blends in along the seam of the fascia (front bumper that wraps around grill) and rocker panel. I noticed this as soon as I got home, but of course the dealer is blaming me. Has anyone seen damage in this spot? I would think it either comes from assembly or the front was pushed in, or possibly a known pressure point that have given others problems?
    Thank you, and great advice! I gave up on the employee and contacted his manager. He has not seen the bike or seems familiar enough with Rykers to even have an intelligent conversation with him, but says he will take care of it. Unfortunately I live in Wisconsin and all the dealers are "motorsports" dealers and more familiar with ATV's and snowmobiles than Rykers or Spyders. I visited 5 dealers within 100 miles of where I live and none of them had knowledge of Can Ams. One test drive I had the bike wouldn't go above 28mph. When I noticed the dash displaying learning key I had to explain the the salesman what it was and he had no idea and had to test drive it himself before he believed me!
    Thanks for your opinion, I feel better knowing it was a manufacturer defect but still am mad at myself for not seeing it before I left there property. I will keep you updated and thanks again.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Just an fyi. The dealer is supposed to do a pre delivery check list of the bike before or during the purchase process before handing over the keys this includes damages

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks

I also brought that up to the manager - I have seen this with other bikes I purchased. Although in this case I don't know if it would have done any good, the probably would have just checked everything OK!

Spyder Garage

Good luck, I think it will all work out. If not, then contact Can-Am.

Spyder Garage

That looks to me that it was likely caused by the tech when they were un-crating/prepping your Ryker. The front fascia comes disassembled from the front end, and is installed at the dealership during the prep process. Watch at the 3:47 mark...

Definitely stick to your guns and have your dealer address it.

Later,
    EV
    2022 Ryker Sport, 2006 Buell Ulysses XB12X, 2007 Buell Firebolt XB9R, 2023 KTM 390 Duke

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by happyspyder2039 View Post
    Just an fyi. The dealer is supposed to do a pre delivery check list of the bike before or during the purchase process before handing over the keys this includes damages
    Good luck with that one. We all know how that goes. One bike I bought, not a Spyder, they handed me the checked off check list within 5 minutes of "inspecting" the bike. They ended up doing the whole thing in front of me on that one.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red