Thread: industries7?

Spyder Garage

Default industries7?

Are they still on line? I googled and nothing showed up. Saw one of their outdoor covers at Gatlinburg, and wanted to check on the availability.

john

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by retread View Post
    Are they still on line? I googled and nothing showed up. Saw one of their outdoor covers at Gatlinburg, and wanted to check on the availability.

john
    John, this link worked for me:

http://www.industries7.com/pages/NProduct.jsp

It looks like you will need the SRX999 rack for mounting the top case with your V35 bags.

Bruce
    Bruce Brown
    London, Ontario, Canada
    Spyder Ambassador (Ret.)
    2009 Moto Guzzi Stelvio "Silvia Dionisio"
    Help us fight prostate cancer: http://motorcycleridefordad.org/

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'WOW, what a ride!'"

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Director View Post
    John, this link worked for me:

http://www.industries7.com/pages/NProduct.jsp

It looks like you will need the SRX999 rack for mounting the top case with your V35 bags.

Bruce
    And if, by any chance, your Givi topcase has a pad for use as a passenger backrest, I recommend going to longer mounting screws than are supplied with the rack. That way, you can " splint " over the mounting screw holes with steel reinforcement. These slotted holes are so large that they leave insufficient metal in the tubing to be strong enough for backrest use and they will break off (ask me how I know).

Spyder Garage

Default Thank you!

I tried for 20 minutes to locate them with Google and kept coming up with everything but them.

john

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Neez View Post
    And if, by any chance, your Givi topcase has a pad for use as a passenger backrest, I recommend going to longer mounting screws than are supplied with the rack. That way, you can " splint " over the mounting screw holes with steel reinforcement. These slotted holes are so large that they leave insufficient metal in the tubing to be strong enough for backrest use and they will break off (ask me how I know).
    Are you talking about the screws that mount the backrest to the top case or the top case to the rack?
    WackyDan - Fun, not crazy.
    Charlotte (Matthews), NC
    Silver Moon SM5 - V35 and V46 Givis, CHAD, Motolight 35w steering lights, Dash Powerlets, Helibar risers, Garage door opener, Eastern Beaver PC-8, Digital voltmeter, Kewl Metal Intake, Evoluzione Sway Bar, RT Shocks and Juice Box PRO.
    *Mower deck in development*
    2008 model -new in crate, April 09
    26,000 miles.

Looking for other Charlotte area riders to cruise with and compare Spyders.

HAPPY SPYDER OWNER

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WackyDan View Post
    Are you talking about the screws that mount the backrest to the top case or the top case to the rack?
    I mean the screws (4) that attach the topcase rack to the sidecase racks. If there is pressure against the topcase pad, these screws are subject to a lot of leverage. It proved enough to break the tubing apart at the screw holes (slots).