Spyder Garage

Default 2020 RTL - Can I run cell phone 'maps' app as gps thru the speakers?

How do I run my android cell phone "maps" app through my speakers? My phone is Bluetooth connected to the bike.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-31-2022 at 12:41 AM. Reason: Removed Prefix - this is a 'How do I?' not a 'How to:' DIY explanation... + briefly state question in title. ;-).

Spyder Garage

Jerry, do you currently run your map’s sound through your helmet speakers? If yes, it should be as simple as pressing the “helmet or speakers” button at the bottom of the audio controls on your “tank” control panel. Actually, if your phone is BT to your RT, pressing that button should work regardless of whether your helmet is connected or not.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

As Pete said, if you bluetooth to the bike, you should be able to hear your map voice prompts through the bike speakers from your phone app. Similar to listening to music via bluetooth to the bike speakers. You can probably listen to music and the map prompts through the bike simultaneously
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Peter, thanks for your reply.

Spyder Garage

Peteoz, thanks for your reply.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mazo EMS2 View Post
    As Pete said, if you bluetooth to the bike, you should be able to hear your map voice prompts through the bike speakers from your phone app. Similar to listening to music via bluetooth to the bike speakers. You can probably listen to music and the map prompts through the bike simultaneously
    Thank you

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    Jerry, do you currently run your map’s sound through your helmet speakers? If yes, it should be as simple as pressing the “helmet or speakers” button at the bottom of the audio controls on your “tank” control panel. Actually, if your phone is BT to your RT, pressing that button should work regardless of whether your helmet is connected or not.

Pete
    Thank you