Spyder Garage

Default 360 camera vid - test mount on Spyder - what do you think?

I did a test of my 360 camera mount for my Trike. I was shocked to hear that the sound worked and the shaking didn't show though.

It still needs work but it's a start. I think it would sound better with a remote mic.

"Friend to those who have no friends. Enemy to those who need no enemies. Headache to those who have no aspirin."~ The Phantom Texter
    2019 F3 s , Neutrino Aurora Accessory Fuse Block Blue

Spyder Garage

Had to view in YouTube to get the 360 functionality. the mount did not obstruct any view encouraging. Sound & vibrations acceptable. Please what camera is it? I

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Thanks. It's an insta 360
    "Friend to those who have no friends. Enemy to those who need no enemies. Headache to those who have no aspirin."~ The Phantom Texter

Spyder Garage

360 view worked for me right here in the forum player. You are correct, that camera is shaking bad, but the video is acceptable. My honest opinion is the audio is unacceptable. Way too much wind noise and increasing vocal volume when it goes away.
    2022 Petrol Metallic RT Limited / 'PYDER'
    Peter Pan has struck again!

Spyder Garage

Now you know how much the windshields shake. A good mount would work wonders. Keep playing with it, I think you have a keeper.
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by FrogmanDave View Post
    360 view worked for me right here in the forum player. You are correct, that camera is shaking bad, but the video is acceptable. My honest opinion is the audio is unacceptable. Way too much wind noise and increasing vocal volume when it goes away.
    Yup I think I may try a wireless mic if I go on.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-31-2022 at 01:02 AM. Reason: Fixed quote display

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by EdMat View Post

Now you know how much the windshields shake. A good mount would work wonders. Keep playing with it, I think you have a keeper.
    Thanks
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-31-2022 at 01:03 AM. Reason: Fixed quote display

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Neat.

Spyder Garage

Who's the handsome devil in the video?

All kidding aside, I think I may get a camera for my Spyder. The scenario is hard to explain online, but to sum things up, my bike got bumped when someone decided, even though they had the right of way, to back up and give others who crossed a double solid yellow line, the right of way. He didn't hit her too hard and no damage, but a camera will come in handy for situations like this. However I did have someone stop and ask me if I needed a witness. But because she had no damage, I declined but thanked him.

Again though, nice job man.

2021 RT Base - Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Lol stop I'm blushing lol But thanks.
    Remember getting a camera you can use for other things too by just taking it off the bike

Spyder Garage

Nice vid. I too was looking to get a camera. You may have driven more business their way.
    '20 RT Chalk Metallic

Spyder Garage

There are a few videos of the camera. I have the 360 lens as well as the 4K lens. The things it can do and the combinations to be used in are outstanding

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SgtRay View Post
    Lol stop I'm blushing lol But thanks.
    Remember getting a camera you can use for other things too by just taking it off the bike
    There are a few videos of the camera. I have the 360 lens as well as the 4K lens. The things it can do and the combinations to be used in are outstanding
    I do quite like that short vid in your first post - as a demonstration/proof of cconcept it certainly does show that once the 'camera mounting' issues are resolved (so it doesn't slip sideways halfway thru the vid! ) and with the addition of a remote/protected from the wind mic, it could make a great safety camera addition. . I'm just not at all sure that too many people would really like watching the 360° view vid of any longer rides, even if they were edited down to 10 minutes or less! But like I said, I can see that it might work really well to have one mounted up high on the bike somewhere as a continuously recording safety camera in lieu of a front/rear camera combo that can't ever show what's going on all around you as you ride &/or park.

I have a 3 foot tall 'rotating beacon' pole from another (ex-police) bike that'd could mount either on the RT's pannier top or up by the antenna and it'd work really well with that 360° view/camera mounted up there - the camera'd fit under the protective cover/bubble on the top of the pole so it wasn't exposed to the elements &/or light fingered low-lives, and with a remote hard drive to store recorded files, it'd make for a fantastic safety camera installation! Plus, if it could be triggered to turn on with an alarm's G-sensor &/or proximity alerts while the bike's parked, it'd even work to help identify (& possibly even help keep off) any 'too nosey' passers-by &/or unwanted climbers when you weren't anywhere near your parked Spyder.

But as a camera for recording videos to show others where you went/who you rode with/the scenery on your latest ride, I don't think that 360° view really lends itself to producing a truly watchable & entertaining vid - well, not unless you like making people throw up?!? . It's just too much/too disconcerting for comfortable viewing if it goes for any length of time.... sorry!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 06-01-2022 at 08:49 PM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

I did a test of my 360 camera mount for my Trike. I was shocked to hear that the sound worked and the shaking didn't show though.

It still needs work but it's a start. I think it would sound better with a remote mic.

that is awesome great video
    2015 f3s

Spyder Garage

Keep at it, your "test" vid was better than any of the GoPro vids I tried. Pierre Poliquin made a tripod mount that held the camera over the drivers head, Check it out at

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljHAYFdhPUI

And here's another vid that shows the tripod mount and views a bit better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ks71TC5VLdg

With a 360 like yours that would be an awesome vid!
    Last edited by DGoebel; 06-01-2022 at 11:13 PM.
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

That was a really nice video. If it was done with a GoPro my camera fits in the exact same mount.

Spyder Garage

Lol no need to be sorry. I didn't primarily buy the camera to show videos of me driving around. It's primarily to go into one of my flying drones as a 360 flying drone. But I find that there are other things that it can be used for and not to mention my grandson turns out to really like 360 videos.