Spyder Garage

Default Will SpyderExtras Adjustable Brake Rod Kit change pedal angle?

Went through SlingMods this morning, since it's Memorial Day and the wife told me to pick something out for myself... I went through and picked up a few goodies (Neutrino Aurora Plus will be back the first week of June!), and also made a short list of things that look interesting. I just wanted to get the forum's take on these - pro/con/meh

SpyderExtras Adjustable Brake Rod Kit - I saw this and was wondering if adding it might not move the position of the brake pedal to a place where I didn't have to lift my boot to apply the break. Not sure - I also thought maybe it works similarly to the KTM system of lengthening the control, which might make it worse - depending upon which direction it goes... Thanks for the valuable input!
    2021 F3 L , Stock Plugs (COILS, NOT WIRES!) Stock Brake Pedal Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I made my own adjustable brake rod and yes, you can have the pedal where it's best for you. For $130 you save yourself the labor, unless you like to do shop projects.

BRAKE ROD MOD.jpg
    Last edited by RICZ; 05-30-2022 at 12:48 PM.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

Lamonster F3 Brake Rod
    2019 f3t , titanium

Spyder Garage

Chunkmonk, installed one the other day on my F3, perfect brake pedal height adjustment.
    Vince F in Niagara Falls
    2022 Spyder F3 Special Edition
    2020 Ryker Rally, sold
    2022 F3S , Stock Lamonster black diamond Monolith Black Satin

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pieman9155 View Post
    Lamonster F3 Brake Rod
    I also installed the lamonster rod. It lowered the brake pedal just right.
    2019 F3 Limited , Position 5 brake rod Black

Spyder Garage

Be sure that your lower brake pedal position plays well with any floorboards you may have, or plan to install. I purchased and installed the Lamonster rod but it didn't work well with the Spyder F3 Aluminum Floorboards, F3/Spyder Logo I bought from Value Accessories. I had to go back to the oem rod (position 5) to keep the pedal from bottoming out on the board.

Also don't forget to properly secure your brake linkages (blue loctite) when reinstalling them. I wouldn't want you to have an experience like I had coming to a red light and finding out I had no brakes!!!!
    Skip H.
    '21 Can Am Spyder F3 S
    '97 Honda Goldwing w/Hannigan Astro 2+2 sidecar

[img]

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hut1 View Post

Also don't forget to properly secure your brake linkages (blue loctite) when reinstalling them. I wouldn't want you to have an experience like I had coming to a red light and finding out I had no brakes!!!!

Thank you. I confess apply the locktite I did not when I swapped out my home-made bar. Job for before the next ride for sure.

bar 1 2 20220524_084110.jpg bar 2 1 20220524_084136.jpg

Spyder Garage

I need to call LaMonster and ask about it. From what I'm seeing, the brake pedal looks as though it may already have been "lowered" so I'll need to check the length of mine vs the length of the one that provides the most drop in the pedal (I believe that's a #5). I'll ring him tomorrow and ask about it.
    2021 F3 L , Stock Plugs (COILS, NOT WIRES!) Stock Brake Pedal Magma Red