Spyder Garage

Default Yay/Nay/NA on a Mo-Door Garage Door Opener?

Went through SlingMods this morning, since it's Memorial Day and the wife told me to pick something out for myself... I went through and picked up a few goodies (Neutrino Aurora Plus will be back the first week of June!), and also made a short list of things that look interesting. I just wanted to get the forum's take on these - pro/con/meh

Mo-Door garage Door Opener Yay/Nay/NA ... I've seen a couple of versions of this but don't know much about them. .

Thanks for the valuable input!
    2021 F3 L , Stock Plugs (COILS, NOT WIRES!) Stock Brake Pedal Magma Red

Spyder Garage

A number of us have used a small, momentary button switch mounted to the dash( usually in the upper left side) and an extra garage door opener with the switch soldered to the switching terminals on the mother board of the opener. Easy to do if you have a pencil type soldering iron, some extra wire, and a couple of spare bucks and minutes. Did the same for my poor, old, slow V-Max too. Who wants to fumble around when coming or going, digging around for the opener. Both our cars have this feature built in
    Mo-Door garage Door Openers can get kinda spendy, some switches/buttons look tacky. A 1/4" momentary button switch is inexpensive, so is wire. A few bucks for an opener and you're done. Spend your money elsewhere. It's a Great DIY project.

Lew L
    Last edited by Lew L; 05-30-2022 at 11:24 AM.
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lew L View Post

A number of us have used a small, momentary button switch mounted to the dash( usually in the upper left side) and an extra garage door opener with the switch soldered to the switching terminals on the mother board of the opener. Easy to do if you have a pencil type soldering iron, some extra wire, and a couple of spare bucks and minutes. Did the same for my poor, old, slow V-Max too. Who wants to fumble around when coming or going, digging around for the opener. Both our cars have this feature built in

Lew L
    Lew - I don't subscribe to using the automatic garage door opener function in my trucks simply because, if the truck is stolen, the thief now has access to your house, too. In the case of the Spyder, I understand the convenience factor. I keep my opener for one of the doors in my pocket and when I pull down the lane I just smash my hand against my jacket and the door opens, but I don't like having to remember to take the opener and put it in that same pocket (i'm old, what??) I could see modding one of my door openers (or buying a spare and pairing it up) and then install a discreet switch. But that would effectively be what Mo-Door is (albeit cheaper and also gives you the satisfaction of knowing that you made it). Thanks, Lew!

Spyder Garage

I use a single button key chain remote that I got on Amazon for $12. It stays with me when I remove the key, but is there when I need it.
    2015 F3 S , Can Am Red

Spyder Garage

Default Mo-Door

Quote Originally Posted by OK-DZ9R View Post
    I use a single button key chain remote that I got on Amazon for $12. It stays with me when I remove the key, but is there when I need it.
    OK - Thanks for the reply. Is this item something that you program to your garage door? Do you happen to recall the item number or a name brand or any other identifying marks? Thanks.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

I use a small keychain opener that has one large button and two smaller. It's in the small glove box velcroed to the side. That way I can open/close either of my doors and its always with the Spyder. Far less expensive. For those that say if someone steals your car they have easy access to your home. That may be true but remember, locks are for honest people.
    2020 RTL , Chalk / Black

Spyder Garage

I had a MoDoor unit for a few years.
    When I moved, and bought new Genie openers, I found that I was unable to pair the MoDoor to the new openers.
    I wound up soldering an external switch to one of the extra Genie openers.
    I modified a windsheild switch to act as the momentary switch to operate the garage door.
    So, I would say No to MoDoor. It's a great little device, but I couldn't get it to pair up with the newest technology in openers.

If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Search Amazon for: Garage Door Opener Key Chain 1B Remote Transmitter Yellow Learn Button. It works with most garage door openers built after 2011 that have a yellow learn button. It takes about a minute to program. You can get two for $20 if you need more than one.
    2015 F3 S , Can Am Red

Spyder Garage

Chunk, I just took one of my remotes and velcroed it under the lid of the glovebox. Easy access and install.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    Chunk, I just took one of my remotes and velcroed it under the lid of the glovebox. Easy access and install.

Pete
    Ditto here. Great minds think alike.
    GLIDE-ON>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"Blue Belle" 2021 RTL Chrome in Petrol Blue
    2021 RTL Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

I also velcroed a small universal remote to the top of the fuel tank on my F3. One button opens the gate to our property, one the shop garage door, and one button for the house garage door, and still have a spare one for something else. I also added a double USB charge port to the left handlebar.

IMG_6703.jpg
    Last edited by rjinaz86323; 06-02-2022 at 09:03 AM.
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2018 F3 Limited - Intense Red Pearl . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Spyder Garage

I opted to use the middle circular opening on the 2019 RTL with a momentary button.

Gar door button.jpg
    2019 RTL Asphalt Gray
    2019 RT Limited , Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Garage Door Opener Key Chain 1B Remote Transmitter Yellow Learn Button $18.48 from Amazon

Opener.jpg
    Last edited by OK-DZ9R; 06-03-2022 at 09:49 AM. Reason: Photo not included
    2015 F3 S , Can Am Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I don’t have the Mo-door but I do have one that has a similar functions with the micro switch and these images show where I placed the micro switch on my F3. It doesn’t look like a garage door opener, in fact it doesn’t look like much of anything, but it is sweet when I need to open or close my door.

49F04660-2476-4745-AD69-281FAC457C5E.jpg DAE05A0C-037A-4339-8219-48FBB284B963.jpg
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Garage Door Opener Key Chain 1B Remote Transmitter Yellow Learn Button $18.48 from Amazon

Opener.jpg
    I just saw this tonight while browsing for a few other items... I have a pretty off-brand of garage door setups (came with the house). These seem to be usable for a pretty wide variety. I may just grab one and give it a shot. It will certainly resolve the issue, since I can hook this onto my key and be done with it...

Spyder Garage

I absolutely wish they had left that switch bank on the F3!!! My 2021 Ltd has no such bank. This became the subject of a sore conversation between me and every local dealer in my tri-state area because I wanted to add a bank of relayed, fused switches with both direct and switched power components. They all liked to run off a cliff, swearing "It can't be done" and "you'll void your warranty" and "blasphemy" and "infidel!" ... it was comical. I'm solving that issue another way, but i digress... I would love to be able to buy that panel and (possibly) retrofit it into my 2021...

Spyder Garage

I have one. Works a treat.

Spyder Garage

I installed one on each of our spyders. I went with the flat button. I mounted the button close to the bottom of the speaker grills with the main unit inside the speaker housing velcro-ed down. They work great and the flat black button blends in with the black dash.
    I have been using them for three years.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 06-22-2022 at 09:54 AM. Reason: valcro - velcro ;-)
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue