Spyder Garage

Default Anyone here like to drink malt liquor?

Just wondering. Normally I prefer a lighter beer but last week I picked up a 4 pack of Anheuser Busch Hurricane High Gravity (8.1% Alcohol by Volume) Category 5, in 16 ounce cans. Jake’s professional opinion *, not bad at all. Tastes like beer w/o being overly gritty?, if that’s a legitimate descriptor. Most malt liquors I’ve had in the past (Colt 45 included), you knew it was beer but, it lacked an agreeable taste. That said, I recall drinking Mickey’s Malt liquor in my younger years and actually enjoying the flavor despite it being a high gravity beer. I open the discussion to my fellow Spyder/Ryker freaks/beer aficionados

Best,

Jake
    Reddick Fla.
    “ You can’t be a real country without a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer “ Frank Zappa

*back in the late 80’s (1989 IIRC) Jake attended the American Home Brewers Association Convention & applied for and passed the Beer Judge Certification Exam. This exam was no gimme. We had to do blind tastings of multiple beer styles and write out in essay like prose what type of beer we were drinking and what constituted the particular style. Not everyone made the grade. I did however. That said I studied hard prior to this event knowing the exam would take placement
    2021 Can Am Spyder RT Limited
    2020 Rally , Black

Spyder Garage

Sake for me. But, I do like the Frank Zappa quote.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Nope.

Spyder Garage

I'm definitely one to prefer high ABV malty beers. Though I usually only buy from brewers that at best distribute regionally so I have never tried the Hurricane. I like the mouth feel of them where you could almost "chew" the beer.

2012 Spyder RT Limited in Lava Bronze Metallic
    2012 RT Limited , Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

If you ever happen to travel to the great white north(Canada), be sure to try Brodeur. Outstanding malt liquor........

Spyder Garage

Nope I don't like malt liquor!
    U.S.Marine Corps
    Vietnam-Veteran 68/69