Spyder Garage

Default 2021 Ryker traded - New Kawasaki Concourse 14 replaced it

Sorry to be leaving so soon, but unless I really love a bike I am always on the lookout for my next. I have a 2015 Harley Ultra Limited that is proof of that. I have enjoyed my stay here and I received a lot of help, advise, and good companionship from this forum. I will still check in from time to time just to see what's new, and perhaps bump into the new owner of my Ryker. For now here was my ride before and after. If anyone discovers the new owner have them shoot me a message and say hi!

2021 Can An Ryker rally - Traded 4/19/2022 - Pilson Powersports - Mattoon IL
    IMG_1282(2).jpgIMG_1284(1).jpgIMG_1286(2).jpg

2021 Kawasaki Concourse 14 ABS - Bought at the same place on 4/19/2022
    IMG_1304(2).jpgIMG_1394(1).jpg
    2021 Rally , Black

Spyder Garage

That's quite the Hot Rod you are going to be riding. Let us know how you like it and some ride pictures. I have heard many good things about the big Kawi. Happy Trais and lots of great riding.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

You sound like me. I'm never happy and always looking for that greener grass purchase, especially after I've added accessories, seat, tires, etc. for the next guy. I guess I need a garage full of a variety of bikes that I hardly ride
    -2021 Ryker 900

Spyder Garage

Always liked Kawi's. Over the years, I had over 10 of them. No Concourse though.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Enjoy the new toy...
    It's always greener on the Kawasaki side.

Spyder Garage

The Concours is a great bike. I have a 2010 with 33,000 miles and my buddy has a '12 with over 100,000. Both of us have ridden coast to coast with him getting ready to do it again. Unfortunately, medical issues have forced me to put mine up for sale (I have a '22 RTL coming). The Connie is fast and is capable of giving some sportbikes a run for the money.

Spyder Garage

Love the Concourse. Just cannot understand why a modern day Japanese sport tourer cannot have TBW and cruise control. Oh well.. They haven't changed their Voyager/Vulcan line for years. That said, over the years I have owned (2) GPZ 550's, GPZ 750, 1000 Ninja, 1500 Classic FI, Zrx1200R and 1600 Mean streak. NEVER any problems....

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

I traded a '14 Concours on my RT spyder back in '16. I would have kept it but I knew I wouldn't ride both of them enough and I didn't have space at the time for 2 spyders and the Concours. I still regret it because it was a lot of fun and I've moved where we have plenty of space. A detuned ZX14R. The ironic part is I was considering trading my wifes '13 and my '15 on another bike and looked at Concours again. I couldn't believe they still have not put cruise control on them. I hated having to install and use a throttle lock. It was more trouble than it was worth.
    2015 RT , Black

Spyder Garage

You got quite a paddock there, what's that HD in the background???
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

Kilroy, nice bike to get! I had a 2012 Concours and joined the COG group (concours.org). I sold it back in 17 for a 16 F3 LTD. Bad knees. Anyway, I still belong to the COG group and ride with them quite often. The club motto, join for the bike, stay for the people. We don't care what you ride, we just like to ride. Cliff in AR has documented 250K+ miles on his and it's still going strong. If you're in the area of Eureka Springs AR this coming week (June 4-10) we're having our national get together. You're welcome to come even if you're not a member. Heck, everyone's welcome. We may just get some new members that way. BTW, I'm right on their butts in the mountains on my F3 (Wick-it flashed, stage 1) but sadly they leave me in their dust on the straights (but not by much!). We always have fun with a great group of mellow guys who like to ride and not drink during the day. Once the bikes are parked and the camp fire started, then it's another story. Always a good time. I'll be heading up from Melbourne FL on Saturday. Trailering it to Little Rock (Cliff's place) then riding up to Eureka Springs for the week. Can't wait!
    Life is attitude, be positive!

Spyder Garage

I went from a 2014 C14 to a 2019mSpyder RTL because of bad knees as a result of being in the hospital for a week with Covid in 2020 and then falling before fully recovered. Just could not deal with the top heavy bike and knew it would be a while before I could. Enjoyed the Kawa as it was a thrill to ride plenty of power and lots of cornering ability. I had added cruise control to it and a top box so it was a full pledged sport tourer. Still miss it but the RT is here to stay and I can just reminisce over the C14 days. Enjoy the Spyder and it let's me still get out and ride.
    Bartender
    2022 Spyder Sea to Sky

Spyder Garage

That is my 2015 Ultra Limited in Radioactive Green ;-)
    2021 Rally , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by always young View Post
    Kilroy, nice bike to get! I had a 2012 Concours and joined the COG group (concours.org). I sold it back in 17 for a 16 F3 LTD. Bad knees. Anyway, I still belong to the COG group and ride with them quite often. The club motto, join for the bike, stay for the people. We don't care what you ride, we just like to ride. Cliff in AR has documented 250K+ miles on his and it's still going strong. If you're in the area of Eureka Springs AR this coming week (June 4-10) we're having our national get together. You're welcome to come even if you're not a member. Heck, everyone's welcome. We may just get some new members that way. BTW, I'm right on their butts in the mountains on my F3 (Wick-it flashed, stage 1) but sadly they leave me in their dust on the straights (but not by much!). We always have fun with a great group of mellow guys who like to ride and not drink during the day. Once the bikes are parked and the camp fire started, then it's another story. Always a good time. I'll be heading up from Melbourne FL on Saturday. Trailering it to Little Rock (Cliff's place) then riding up to Eureka Springs for the week. Can't wait!
    I have not found the COG group to be very inviting, they seem to me like those stuck up Harley guys LOL
    2021 Rally , Black