Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Where did you find a link to check your VIN?
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    Not specifically responding to your posts by themselves old Timer & Spyder F3-s, but your posts gave me the references (bolded above) to the points I wanted to highlight.

I don't believe the white sprocket has anything to do with this sprocket failure issue! The white sprocket is simply an attempt to address the whining noise issue some were having - the ceramic coating is meant to change the way air moved over the sprocket & cut the whining noise!

This recall is something completely different to the white pulley fix, and if you read the notice, what they are doing from 30 June is not a 1 hour 'Fix' - it's a 1 hour 'Interim Procedure', but then at some later stage (starting from 30 August??) 'all sprockets will need to be replaced'. See the quote below with the pertinent points highlighted:

So this 'Interim Procedure' is simply an attempt to get the sprockets to last until they can get everything necessary to replace them with whatever's needed for the final fix; but this first bit, it's NOT a 'Fix', not yet, anyway!

And from the image in Wmoater's post, while it's good that BRP says they'll reimburse those who've replaced their sprockets previously at their own expense, I do hope they'll also look after those few who ended up needing to replace the shaft as well?!?

At least now it's on the table & some 'fix' moves are afoot!
    ..and thank you for the extra info .... I have said for a long time Something happened in 2015 with the actual parts or the Paste or the mounting procedure etc. ... I have a 2014 w/ 66,000 plus miles and NO RED DUST .... I'm not sure I will allow BRP to touch my UN-BROKEN RT .... good luck all .... Mike
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-27-2022 at 04:13 PM. Reason: Fixed emoji

Spyder Garage

Well I have owned my 2017 RTL for all of 3 weeks, and as soon as I read this, I called BRP to inform them of the change in ownership, like it says to do in the owner's manual.

They informed me that my VIN is on the list, so I'm really glad that @Jdr00ejr took the time to post this.

I got the change of ownership done, and have already contacted my local dealer. They confirmed my VIN, but had not heard of the recall.

The guy read the bulletin while I was still on the phone. He didn't know if he has the parts to do the interim fix or not. He's talking to his service manager, and is supposed to call me back.

Stay tuned.....

UPDATE.....The guy called me right back. He said the bulletin for the interim fix is not out yet, but was promised by June 30 at the latest. I'd like to know what the interim fix is, just to see if it is something I could do if it comes to that.
    Last edited by dmiles; 05-27-2022 at 04:50 PM.
    2017 SPYDER RT LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RayBJ View Post
    Here's the link, https://can-am.brp.com/on-road/us/en...y-recalls.html

But it was last updated on May 22, so it does not include this particular recall, which came out yesterday. Mine does not show up as on the list on this page, but I have confirmed that it actually is part of the recall.
    2017 SPYDER RT LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Hoping someone will post what exactly the "interim repair" is.....
    2020 RT Limited Deep Marsala Chrome

2020 RT Limited , Marsala Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfixer View Post
    Hoping someone will post what exactly the "interim repair" is.....
    I will post as soon as the service guy at my dealership lets me know. I've been by there for other things quite a bit, and have gotten to be friends with this guy so I think he will call me when he gets the information. If not, someone will post it here and I will call him

They have a beautiful 2021 they just took in with only 500 miles that I have been drooling over. Just too dang much money, and they are not in the mood for making deals right now.
    2017 SPYDER RT LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dmiles View Post
    Here's the link, https://can-am.brp.com/on-road/us/en...y-recalls.html

But it was last updated on May 22, so it does not include this particular recall, which came out yesterday. Mine does not show up as on the list on this page, but I have confirmed that it actually is part of the recall.
    My 2017 F3T is not on the vin recall list for the above listed timing of the vin# update of 5-22-22 and the recall of 5-26-22 from above.
    Don't jump the gun here till the vin list is updated, because you will be left out.

STAY ON TOP OF THIS ISSUE!!

T.P.

Spyder Garage

My 2017 RTL is for sure on list according to my dealer. My dealer said like posted earlier that the specific directions on how to repair and replace has not been given and this is a notification that will take effect in July when BRP provides the exact procedure.

“Born to Ride......Ride to Live....MOATER ON !
    “Current ride: 2017 RT Limited”

Spyder Garage

Just a wild guess, but I am thinking the interim fix is using moly grease and a new white pulley.
    21 Spyder base F3

Spyder Garage

I have a 2017 F3 Limited and its not on the recall list at this time. Why are some F3's Limited on the list and mine isn't. I don't have any red dust at this time.

2017 F3 Limited in Intense Red Pearl

2008 Triumph Rocket (SOLD)

2002 Honda VTX 1800 C ( SOLD)

2014 Triumph Thunderbird Commander

Spyder Garage

I wonder if it's going to be a global Recall, I am in europe, the netherlands to be specific, and have a 2019 Spyder F3s, I have the whining noise at 70Km/h, and check the pulley/sprocket regulary.
    So far no issues, except for the noise..., but hey if it's going to make things better, me thinks that I am going to call my dealer for info, on this matter
    the funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it........

Spyder F3s 2019 All Black ( Named it: Brutus)
    Carbon Items added, just for looks
    Upgraded Shocks Trac-Tive, Rear hi/lo and rebound adjustable, with Hydraulic Pre-Load adjuster
    fronts hi/lo and rebound adjustable, custom made by the Trac-Tive Guru's
    Swaybar (Ron's)
    Tyres Front Michelin Cross Climate+ 175/60-15
    Rear, for 2022 still a Kenda, next Yokohama Advan Fleva 205/55R15
    Exhaust Bone stock, with a RLS Cat- Delete
    Custom ECU-Mapping, rewritten/adapted to my Ridingstyle
    Pedalbox, Awesome Upgrade...
    2019 F3s , O.E.M. Black, Black, Black

Spyder Garage

i replace the wifes already she has 2018 f3t at 9000 miles
    2019 f3t , titanium

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Piratezz View Post
    I wonder if it's going to be a global Recall, I am in europe, the netherlands to be specific, and have a 2019 Spyder F3s, I have the whining noise at 70Km/h, and check the pulley/sprocket regulary.
    So far no issues, except for the noise..., but hey if it's going to make things better, me thinks that I am going to call my dealer for info, on this matter
    I put in my vin for the 2018 RT and this is what i got .

"The VIN submitted may be a valid VIN but for a three wheel vehicle sold outside the United States or for a different BRP product-line. In those cases, we invite you to contact your dealer or BRP to obtain the status of the safety recalls related to your VIN.
    The result page shows only the incompleted safety recalls for this vehicle identification number.

Recall information is only available going back to January 01, 2007. If your vehicle was manufactured before this date, please contact us for possible additional recall information.

THERE IS CURRENTLY NO INCOMPLETED SAFETY RECALLS FOR THIS VEHICLE.
    "
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-29-2023 at 05:02 PM. Reason: .
    2018 RTL , dark blue

Spyder Garage

When I put in the VIN for my wife`s 2017 and my 2016 F3s it said they are not in the recall. I stopped at our dealership and they checked and said yes they are included in the recall. They are supposed to know more around the 30th of June and will contact us.
    Dave....

2016 Red/Black F3T w/ Audio
    Bajha Ron Swaybar, BRP driving lights
    F4 Windshield, Ultimate Tallboy Seat
    BRP Passenger Backrest
    Custom Dynamics fender lights
    Tricled Rear Bag lights w/ Flashing Brake Modulator
    Wolo Horn, Lamonster's Bungee Buttons
    Spyderpops Bumper Skid

Spyder Garage

Mine is not listed yet either. Will check with dealer at some point. So far, its been fine.

Stopped by my dealer in Winston Salem, NC, today 31 May, and the Svc Mngr looked mine up and said definitely it is included and I will get a letter from BRP later when they have the sprockets avail for the repair. [
    Last edited by ulflyer; 05-31-2022 at 06:30 PM.
    Two Wheelers from 1963-2011

Three Wheelers:
    2011 RT(Red)
    2014 RT(white)
    2016 F3T(red)
    2022 RT current ride(silver)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RayBJ View Post
    https://can-am.brp.com/on-road/us/en...kup-list.html?
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-29-2023 at 05:06 PM. Reason: Removed unique ID info - please don't post personal/unique ID info on public pages, it only attracts the trolls/scammers/spammers ;-/
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Spyder Garage

Enter your VIN here https://www.nhtsa.gov/recalls To check if your vehicle is currently included in the recall.
    2015 F3 S , Can Am Red

Spyder Garage

Thought I'd check the national site to see if there was a difference. So far I'm not listed. Further down the page it states:

"There may be a delay with very recently announced safety recalls for which not all VINs have been identified. VINs are added continuously so please check regularly."
    2018 RT Limited

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

There have been documented output shafts that have broken at the pulley. Wouldn’t it be fun if the overall recall repair was the replacement of the output shaft and the pulley……………��
    2019 F3L , Covid Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bikerchris1270 View Post
    There have been documented output shafts that have broken at the pulley. Wouldn’t it be fun if the overall recall repair was the replacement of the output shaft and the pulley……………��
    tenor.gif
    2017 F3S Daytona , Circuit Yellow Metalic

Spyder Garage

Yeah, but they tell us 'the Fix' will only take an hour once the parts start dribbling in, some time after August 30 - and that's not the Interim Fix, which will also only take an hour, but is available from 30 June... And even if you get the Interim Fix, ALL Spyders afflicted will still need the Final Fix to satisfy the recall!!!

So I doubt that either fix involves replacing the shaft?!?
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

At the risk of a good spanking would a sleeved replacement shaft and pulley be a possibility?
    2017 F3S Daytona , Circuit Yellow Metalic

Spyder Garage

That would put BRP in bad financial trouble and would have many Spyder riders waiting months/years for the fix.
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2018 F3 Limited - Intense Red Pearl . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Very Active Member CloverHillCrawler's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

So, I wonder what the difference was between 2019 and 2020 that does not require it to be recalled?

It is essentially the same engine and parts, nothing changed that I know of.
    Last edited by CloverHillCrawler; 05-31-2022 at 03:29 AM.

2020 F3 SE6

Safety and Lighting: LED Headlight upgrade, IPS LED Fog lights, Show Chrome LED Fender Signals, LED Signature Light, Tric LED Afterburnerz, MotoHorn 2.0

Suspension: Wilbers Front and Rear Shocks, BajaRon Sway Bar, Vredestein Quatrac Front and Rear Tires

Comfort: Blue Ridge Windshield, Corbin Dual Touring Saddle, Ultimate Floorboards, OEM Passenger Backrest with Rear Shelf, OEM Passenger Floorboards Modified with High Risers from Pierre

Tackform Center Mount Phone Holder w/ rapid charging USB-C.
    2020 F3 , Black

Spyder Garage

^^^^ Possibly figure the ‘20 and up are still in warranty. Just a thought ...

White 2015 F3-S SE6 - “Gypsy” (hers)
    Yellow 2017 F3-S Daytona 500 SM6 (his)