Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by luminavanman View Post
    Its funny the factory that builds the SPYDERS is 300km from my home and yet they say they don't have any parts, go figure
    cast into the side of the updated white sprocket, MADE IN THE USA

T.P.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by luminavanman View Post
    Thanks, I will leave it parked until I can get the temp fix done or until the recall is completed. Its funny the factory that builds the SPYDERS is 300km from my home and yet they say they don't have any parts, go figure
    Replacement sprockets and bolts are available in stock. The permanent fix for the recall will not be available until fall.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

I'm on the list. I think I may pull my LaMonster belt tensioner before taking it in for the checkout. My dealer and I don't have the best relationship and I don't want to give them an excuse to deny the safety recall work.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicEd View Post
    I'm on the list. I think I may pull my LaMonster belt tensioner before taking it in for the checkout. My dealer and I don't have the best relationship and I don't want to give them an excuse to deny the safety recall work.
    That's a good idea .... dealers will CLAIM anything NOT OEM will cause damage and then refuse Warranty claims. ..... even for things not remotely connected to the actual damage ...... JMHO .... Mike

Spyder Garage

Well---BRP has had their head in the sand on this issue for far too long. Like the 2013 RT heat issue recall-which I had done on my 2013 RTL-they have done nothing until forced to do so by NHTSA. And of course by stalling for so long, there are no parts available now to fix the issue properly as required by NHTSA. I would be very surprised if they actually do have the parts available by August 30th, as they might be on a slow boat from China rather than coming from Canada. I don't know enough about the "interim" fix as to what it actually is to comment on it, but I do wonder how many of us will park their Spyders-myself included-until the proper fix is available rather than risk being stranded somewhere and have to get towed home, and then towed to the dealer who knows how many months later. I also doubt that BRP would reimburse anyone as a good faith gesture for the cost of said towing, or for the amount of time we are forced to wait without being able to ride our very expensive machines. This whole thing will really affect me personally, as I ride to work, and if I decide to park it, I am going to have to figure out an alternative means of transportation as we only have one car and cannot afford to - nor do we want to - buy another car in today's very expensive market. Just a rotten deal all around that IMHO just reinforces BRP's attitude towards us. Interesting that they have not commented on this thread, but not at all surprising.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 06-09-2022 at 04:17 PM. Reason: ' 's around -'s ;-)
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

I had checked my VIN after reading the first post dated 5/27. At that time my VIN was not on the list. After checking today my VIN is on the list. I had my third sprocket replaced about 7000 miles ago and it still looks good. I am leaving on a 3000 mile trip next week and I am not worried about it. I should be able to make it thru the summer until the "permanent" fix is available after August 30th. I wonder what that "permanent" fix will be???
    2020 F3 Ltd

Spyderpops Bumpskid
    Spyderpops Brake/Run/Turn Signal LED's
    Lamonster Garage LED Fog Lights and Headlights
    2013 ST-S retired 1/9/16 at 25,061 miles
    2015 F3S sold at 77,565 miles.
    2015 F3-S , BajaRon Plugs Can-Am Red

Spyder Garage

Here is the BRP Recall page to check your vin# for the sprocket recall https://can-am.brp.com/on-road/us/en...y-recalls.html

T.P.

Spyder Garage

Well, looks like our two F3-S’s are on the list now ...

White 2015 F3-S SE6 - “Gypsy” (hers)
    Yellow 2017 F3-S Daytona 500 SM6 (his)

Spyder Garage

Mine is still good, but the bolt had started to work itself loose. It sounded almost like an engine knock when I would decelerate.
    Trent - 2017 asphalt grey RT Limited,
    Ultimate Seat, Baha Ron’s sway bar, Vredestine rear tire, Federal Formoza fronts, SlingMod’s LED head and fog lights, Lamonster’s highway pegs

HE>I
    2017 RT , Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

I have a 2018 RTL, can anyone send me a link to the site for the VIN check??

Thanks,
    Gary

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by GaryBlevins View Post

Thanks,
    Gary
    See post #82, just 3 posts before yours.

Or post #57 back one page; or posts #41 &/or #42 on page 2.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 06-09-2022 at 09:27 AM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by GaryBlevins View Post

Thanks,
    Gary
    BRP says 15 to 19 spyders and f-3's .....Mike
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 06-09-2022 at 04:18 PM. Reason: Fixed quote display

Spyder Garage

Mine didn't show up when the recall first came out but it does now since the list was updated on 6/5.
    2015 RTS Special Series
    Russell Day Long seat
    F4 Customs windshield
    Sena 20s

Spyder Garage

As OP - my 2 Spyders were not on the list when I started the thread - but as of the 6/5 update to the list - both are included. Local dealer is not taking appts/names yet since they don't have any info/plan yet from mother BRP.
    -----
    Joshua
    2012 Victory Vision
    2016 Spyder F3S
    2019 Spyder RT Limited
    2016 F3S , Triple Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by honsfun View Post
    https://can-am.brp.com/on-road/us/en...jyUnW-_8H0qXv4

About time BRP did a recall. Recall available for 2015 and up.
    Thanks for the link ... very useful

Willie
    The Future is Not Today (Motorcycle Blog) http://nomadwillie.blogspot.com/ IBA 32847
    2015 RT-S
    2015 RT-S , White

Spyder Garage

Default Front Sprocket Recall

Just got my front sprocket recall notice from BRP. It says an interim repair service procedure will be available starting June 30. Parts for the final repair will be in very limited supply and gradually available starting August 30. If you had this repair done at your own expense, contact BRP for reimbursement.
    Thunder's just the noise. Lightning does the work.

Spyder Garage

I received an e mail today that my 2017 RT with 20,000 miles of mostly 2 up riding is on the recall list. I'm scheduled to leave on a trip next week of about 1,500 miles total . I removed the body panels and inspected the sprocket carefully, no signs of red dust at all. should I be concerned? What would others do?
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 06-09-2022 at 04:42 PM. Reason: ..ly,no... ;-)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RickyB View Post
    I received an e mail today that my 2017 RT with 20,000 miles of mostly 2 up riding is on the recall list. I'm scheduled to leave on a trip next week of about 1,500 miles total . I removed the body panels and inspected the sprocket carefully, no signs of red dust at all. should I be concerned? What would others do?

Before you got the recall notice, were you concerned?? . Were you planning on doing that trip anyway, despite knowing that lotsa people were having front sprocket failures? .

If you weren't too concerned before, and were planning on doing the trip anyway, then enjoy your trip, and if something happens, deal with it then..... after all, what's really changed?? You knew there was a possibility of a front sprocket failure before getting the letter (or at least, you should've known! ) and now you know there's a possibility of a front sprocket failure..... there's also a chance that our planet will get hit by a Dinosaur Killer Meteor; that there'll be another more deadly wave of the next COVID variant; or that some tyrant in Eastern Europe will finally decide to press their big red button cos things aren't going as planned - heck you might even win the Lottery!!

But until any/all of those things or any of the myriad of other possibilities actually happens, life is going to go on! . Unless you want to crawl into a hole somewhere & hide from it all in the hope that it'll eventually go away, you've gotta just live your life as best you can.... hopefully without feeling the urge to cry "OMG, whaddam I gonna do?!?" every second of every day!! So it's your choice, but I say.... Go On - DO IT! You KNOW you want to!

Ryde More, Worry Less!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 06-09-2022 at 04:46 PM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

I appreciate your response your correct I’ve known about the sprocket issues for a long time, I kinda panicked seeing the official recall email but as you say nothing has really changed. And I assume very few riders here would park there bike for the summer waiting for a fix .

Spyder Garage

I also got an email from BRP and it says mine is on the list for the recall. But I don't have any red dust, so I'm going to ride mine.

2017 F3 Limited in Intense Red Pearl

2008 Triumph Rocket (SOLD)

2002 Honda VTX 1800 C ( SOLD)

2014 Triumph Thunderbird Commander

Spyder Garage

Got the notice for mine also. I have the sprocket and bolt and was just waiting for it to get loose and towed home which is never more than 35 miles and AMA pays for that . I can't imagine the temp fix? I tightened the bolt the extra 10-15 pounds when I replaced the bolt at 10,000 miles about 3 years ago and now I have 22,000 and no sign of the dust when I take the plastic shield off. Can't imagine the temp fix unless they're just going to tighten the bolt and then replace some sort of New sprocket after Aug???
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 06-10-2022 at 04:20 AM. Reason: they're; 10,000; & 20,000 ;-)

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

Default Recall for front pulley

I had checked my vin for the recall on my 17 RTL when this thread first started and mine did not show up on the search. I just checked again and now my vin shows up on the recall list. I will have to contact the dealer where I bought my Spyder and see what they have to say.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 06-10-2022 at 04:20 AM. Reason: Removed extra CR... ;-)
    2017 RTL Asphalt Grey Metallic Chrome
    2017 RTL , Asphalt Grey Mettalic

Spyder Garage

My sprocket seems to be fine. I cleaned it up and put some white paint on it so any red dust will stick out like a sore thumb. You can see the sprocket by putting a mirror on the floor and shining a flashlight. I'm going to monitor the situation and continue to ride.
    2015 RTS Special Series
    Russell Day Long seat
    F4 Customs windshield
    Sena 20s

Spyder Garage

Thanks for that link, mine came up for the recall, I'm a second owner so probably wouldn't have been notified.

Spyder Garage

I'm a second owner also. I'm thinking they use DMV records to notify current owners.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2015 RTS Special Series
    Russell Day Long seat
    F4 Customs windshield
    Sena 20s