Spyder Garage

Default The Backrest Conundrum - 2022 Sea to Sky with matching backrest... or not!

I bought a 2022 Sea to Sky that I ordered last year to get the 3 year warranty. BRP raised the price a grand from the previous year, took away the hard luggage and added a matching backrest. When it came in it was without the matching backrest. I inquired about it and the sales lady contacted her BRP rep to find out what was going on. She was told they are not available and no word when or if they would be. I told her they advertised it with the backrest and bought it with the backrest and I dame well wanted what I paid for. She went back to her rep and they have offered a $300.00 credit in lieu of the backrest. I asked about the standard one and was told it is $350.00 plus installation. So I am out of the matching backrest and not even offered enough to get the standard one. WAY TO GO BRP!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-25-2022 at 03:58 PM. Reason: .

Spyder Garage

I would want what I paid for but if youre not going to get it then they need to up the price some more. When the finally do, and they should, then go buy one from Utopia.
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

I don't think it's actually BRP that's being narky here, this one has gotta be on the dealer.... cos whatever is between BRP & the dealer, BRP has been (eventually ) making good/supplying the dealers with the missing parts for all those Spyders that were shipped 'incomplete'. It sounds like it's the dealer who is only prepared to give you a credit that won't even cover the cost of the NON-matching backrest that you SHOULD have got with your Spyder, let alone the cost of the matching backrest AND some consideration for your inconvenience & the wait?!?

Bearing in mind that you tend to catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar, did you suggest to the dealer that since they can't supply what you ordered & paid for in a complete & 'fit for purpose' condition, then they should at least cover the cost of the lesser backrest AND it's installation - cos if they don't/won't/can't, then surely they are in breach of your purchase contract & so, they are liable to either compensate, make good, or to replace the product with one that IS complete & fully 'fit for purpose'?!

Just Sayin'
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Sorry to hear, unfortunate mess either way.

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by K80Shooter View Post

I would want what I paid for but if youre not going to get it then they need to up the price some more. When the finally do, and they should, then go buy one from Utopia.
    I bought the Utopia backrest this year. It's awesome. With the small one I bought from slingmods, my back would ache after a while. With Utopia, no more aching back. Plus, I just put on a sheepskin cover.

2021 RT Base - Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Just bought a Utopia backrest.... Thanks guys for the info.