Spyder Garage

Default FYI -Cheap Cycle Parts has CLOSED

Just a heads up, Cheap Cycle Parts and their website has closed. Website is inactive and a recording is received if you contact their phone number ( 1-866-842-0086). The recording says they are closed down as of now....but they didn't make any effort to contact me regarding the part I had on backorder with them ( L/H multifunction switch ). If you have anything on backorder like I do, you may want to dispute your charges.
    2018 Spyder RT Limited

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DuckDodgers View Post
    Just a heads up, Cheap Cycle Parts and their website has closed. Website is inactive and a recording is received if you contact their phone number ( 1-866-842-0086). The recording says they are closed down as of now....but they didn't make any effort to contact me regarding the part I had on backorder with them ( L/H multifunction switch ). If you have anything on backorder like I do, you may want to dispute your charges.
    I went looking last night and kept getting an " ERROR message ", which does happen from time to time on various sites ..... this is not good news .......... Hope you get your items .... check your CC siter to see if you have been charged .... Mike

Spyder Garage

I was charged at the time of order, and a dispute has now been filed. I believe there are a couple of website "store fronts" similar to cheap cycle that are in fact the same business. I ordered that multifunction switch for the shifting problem and got the same July 1 date that others have received, so I didn't expect to get my item from them right away. I have used cheapcycle parts a few times in the past with no issues as well.
    2018 Spyder RT Limited

Spyder Garage

Yes, noticed this in the last few days. A shame. They were a Go-To source. But others have picked up the mantle. Supply (or the lack of) is killing us all. The shame is, it could be easily fixed.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

This kind of thing forces people to look for other options, like used on Ebay. I found my part for sale there, and was skeptical of its used condition. Ordered anyways and then a day later found out it was a ghost listing on Ebay and the item had already been sold, the post just didn't delete apparently. Talk about not being able to win for losing.
    2018 Spyder RT Limited

Very Active Member bigbadbrucie's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Just a heads up, Cheap Cycle Parts and their website has closed.
    Quite honestly, I wonder if they are/were suffering from the component shortages that everyone else is experiencing and that they just couldn’t weather the storm....they weren’t making the profit needed to suffer through it?

Tri-Axis Chrome Handlebars
    Sena SM10 BT Dongle
    Double USB Port/Volt meter
    LaMonster Magic Mirrors
    BajaRon Swaybar
    HALO Skid Plate
    Spyder Pops Rear Running Lights Turn Signals/Brake Light
    Spyder Pops Mirror Running Lights/Turn Signals
    Shorty Antenna
    LaMonster Cat Delete
    Akrapovic Muffler
    FOBO2 TPMS
    Rear Trunk Rack
    Bruce Erickson

Chilliwack, BC
    Canada
    You know when a politician is Lying. It's when his lips are moving!

2014 RTS-SE6 - Cognac

intro to m/c 1949 Royal Enfield 500cc thumper

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bigbadbrucie View Post
    Quite honestly, I wonder if they are/were suffering from the component shortages that everyone else is experiencing and that they just couldn’t weather the storm....they weren’t making the profit needed to suffer through it?
    I believe you nailed it right there!!!

Spyder Garage

Just so folks know that weren't aware, Cheap Cycle Parts wasn't a parts supply warehouse type of setup but a middle man establishment. I found this out by calling and checking on a backordered item. You can find same parts at CAN AM OEM PARTS.COM. This site is set up exactly for the most part as was cheap cycle parts with prices, diagrams, etc. Hope this helps. Wanted to order a part just yesterday that would have been on back order per rep spoken to on phone that works at Can Am Oem parts.com location. Individual went above and beyond and gave me four dealerships phone numbers that had the item on hand without even asking, problem solved.

Spyder Garage

Regardless of their business model, and regardless of which bike I needed parts for, Cheap Cycle Parts was my go-to source. I always had great service from them. They will be missed..... Jim
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

I've been using Powersportswarehouse.com successfully lately. They're still in business and have many, many OEM Spyder parts still available.
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

I have used Amazon in the past. There are several Can Am dealers who sell parts from there.
    21 Spyder base F3

Spyder Garage

I see where their domain was parked on Godaddy. So they may have plans to restart or are just trying to protect their domain name.
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Covid-19 Issues

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    Yes, noticed this in the last few days. A shame. They were a Go-To source. But others have picked up the mantle. Supply (or the lack of) is killing us all. The shame is, it could be easily fixed.
    Simply amazing how a 'health issue' can cripple the World.
    This is not 'Rocket Science' but we let the wrong people tell us what to do. ....
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Little Blue View Post
    This is not 'Rocket Science' but we let the wrong people tell us what to do. ....
    Was that the plan all along? Just wondering.

Very Active Member bigbadbrucie's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Little Blue View Post
    If the Dr’s are the “wrong people”, who pray tell, are the “right people”? This is a world-wide problem, and the WHO pretty well told us what to do. We heard it from the politicians, yes.....but WHO told your President and our Prime Minister. Now, this is almost sounding political so enough said. I’ll get off my soapbox before the mods tell me to. Sorry guys, I apologize.

Tri-Axis Chrome Handlebars
    Sena SM10 BT Dongle
    Double USB Port/Volt meter
    LaMonster Magic Mirrors
    BajaRon Swaybar
    HALO Skid Plate
    Spyder Pops Rear Running Lights Turn Signals/Brake Light
    Spyder Pops Mirror Running Lights/Turn Signals
    Shorty Antenna
    LaMonster Cat Delete
    Akrapovic Muffler
    FOBO2 TPMS
    Rear Trunk Rack
    Bruce Erickson

Chilliwack, BC
    Canada
    You know when a politician is Lying. It's when his lips are moving!

2014 RTS-SE6 - Cognac

intro to m/c 1949 Royal Enfield 500cc thumper

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

It never ceases to amaze me how the uninformed always seem to know the real cause of a situation and what the best solution is. Now, where is that sarcasm emoji?

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Here use this

Spyder Garage

This kind of thing forces people to look for other options, like used on Ebay. I found my part for sale there, and was skeptical of its used condition. Ordered anyways and then a day later found out it was a ghost listing on Ebay and the item had already been sold, the post just didn't delete apparently. Talk about not being able to win for losing.
    This problem is becoming systemic. I have also noticed a rash of "new" supply companies appearing on the intar-web selling reloading components. I already know that a box of primers that sold pre-COVID was $30 to $33 per 1000. And post-COVID it jumped to $100+. So when you see a new source that is selling them for $60 and they say they have "plenty" in stock, red flag. They also have powders that no one else on the planet can get... They tend to have 'live chat' features as well. When I jump in there and ask "who am I speaking with" and get "teknikal person" ... or "sail person" ... even though it's hilarious, I'm out. I blacklist the site and move on. I've seen some classic car parts doing the same thing, so it doesn't surprise me that spyder parts would be in that same boat. Be careful where you step...
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-27-2022 at 04:04 PM. Reason: Removed political comment...
    2021 F3 L , Stock Plugs (COILS, NOT WIRES!) Stock Brake Pedal Magma Red