Spyder Garage

Default Cannot swing leg over Ryker with luggage on it - any solutions?

Ryker with luggage on it...any solutions? I am very short or as my sons say height challenged. I know other's have same
    problem.

Spyder Garage

HOLD ONTO HANDLEBARS, step on footpeg - like stand up, swing leg over or even bend and swing over. that method works from either side. did you try that?
    2015 Spyder RT Ltd- bUrp - only add the "U", 2010 Honda NT700V-red,2010 Honda NT700V-silver retired @201,111 miles, 1997 Honda PC800, 1996 Honda PC800, Honda CT500, Honda Shadow 500, 1978 Suzuki GS550, 1973 Suzuki TC125, other assorted smaller bikes, Suzuki TM400

Very Active Member bigbadbrucie's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I do much the same on my RTS, but I stand on the boards and I don't swing over, but I do "step" over.

Tri-Axis Chrome Handlebars
    Sena SM10 BT Dongle
    Double USB Port/Volt meter
    LaMonster Magic Mirrors
    BajaRon Swaybar
    HALO Skid Plate
    Spyder Pops Rear Running Lights Turn Signals/Brake Light
    Spyder Pops Mirror Running Lights/Turn Signals
    Shorty Antenna
    LaMonster Cat Delete
    Akrapovic Muffler
    FOBO2 TPMS
    Rear Trunk Rack
    Bruce Erickson

Chilliwack, BC
    Canada
    You know when a politician is Lying. It's when his lips are moving!

2014 RTS-SE6 - Cognac

intro to m/c 1949 Royal Enfield 500cc thumper

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bigbadbrucie View Post
    I do much the same on my RTS, but I stand on the boards and I don't swing over, but I do "step" over.
    Some with Rykers (& F3's, but no RT's that I'm aware of?!?) have even added an extra foot peg to help make this 'stand up on, then step over' thing easier.

Lamonster's Garage sells extra pegs for the F3; while those with Ryker's have simply purchased another peg (or 2 ) from BRP & installed that.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Woodaddict View Post
    HOLD ONTO HANDLEBARS, step on footpeg - like stand up, swing leg over or even bend and swing over. that method works from either side. did you try that?
    This method doesn't work on a Ryker. The footrests are too far forward.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    Some with Rykers (& F3's, but no RT's that I'm aware of?!?) have even added an extra foot peg to help make this 'stand up on, then step over' thing easier.

Lamonster's Garage sells extra pegs for the F3; while those with Ryker's have simply purchased another peg (or 2 ) from BRP & installed that.
    Extra pegs? Well that's just silly ...

(call me silly) <G>

You can set the second peg further back on the rail, but I have a fake leg and use both pegs to trap the "foot" heel and toe while riding. Little peace of mind not having to worry about hitting a bump and seeing my leg sail off into the sunset via the rear views. I hate that when that happens. ;-}

PS - the same setup works fine for folk with real OEM meat legs too. Maybe even better than foot boards ...
    Half a million miles, and I ain't dead yet.

See my album at https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...p?albumid=5190

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Windhound View Post
    Ryker with luggage on it...any solutions? I am very short or as my sons say height challenged. I know other's have same
    problem.
    What's your inseam? I'm 29" at 5'9" I kinda step over. I have a trunk on mine too.

Spyder Garage

This does not work with a Ryker as the footpegs are too far forward...therefore the question looking for a solution

Spyder Garage

I`m 5`6" and have no problem, also if we ride 2up my wife sit down first as you see here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-kbtm6JEV8&t=6s
    Outlander fairing - Fox-shock - BajaRon Swaybar - Hankook tire/ back - 165/50 Imperial tires front & longer front shocks - GIVI Topase - Shad sidecases -heated grips - new seats

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Woodaddict View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbadbrucie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Markubis View Post
    This method doesn't work on a Ryker. The footrests are too far forward.
    Quote Originally Posted by Windhound View Post
    This does not work with a Ryker as the footpegs are too far forward...therefore the question looking for a solution
    See posts #4 & #6 - stepping over does work if you get an extra peg (or two - one for each side ) then stepping up on the added rear peg/s and swinging a leg over or thru can work really well!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-24-2022 at 03:16 AM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Mount Wild West movie style: running leap over the back

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

I do it the way Chris56 does it, a bit more awkward.....but like that.

Spyder Garage

on my 2020 RT LTD I sit down, scoot back to passenger (bitch) seat. then swing my Prosthetic Right leg over the handle bars to the right pedals. Then scoot forward to the driver's seat. Easy to high kick with a peg leg; can't do it with left "normal" leg.
    Former Navy LT, Retired Chemical Dependency Therapist, Retired Widower, "Do, or do not, there is no try"... Jedi Master Yoda.
    Proud member of AA, PGR, and a Navy Shellback!
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , matte black trim, Green/gray Charcoal? depends on the lighting

Spyder Garage

Another peg leg ... how many of us are hiding out there? Lost my left leg below the knee in a motorcycle accident about five years back, and can't ride a "real" motorcycle any more. The Ryker gets me back on the road.

* My timing sucks though. Or is it Can Am's? My first attempt was a Ural purchased just before the Ryker hit the bricks. dOH! Sucker scares the crap out of me, but I fire it up every now and then for a short cruise, if only to remind me of how much easier the Ryker is to drive ... ;-}

Brings to mind another possible option. I added a full floorboard to the Ural for easy step over. Seems to me it'd be an easy enuf mod using a couple stock peg mounts as supports ...

Spyder Garage

I've been searching for a solution to this for a while. In fact, I even opened a topic a while back. Mounting a second peg doesn't help IMO because it's still too far forward.
    2021 RT Base - Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Plan is ... plan ahead?

I went with a collapsible bag here. Not as much storage room, but certainly an improvement over the f'in runk ... <G>

As in the pic, good for a light coat and gloves, expanded is good for an overnite. Also fits as bucket o'chicken if you've a mind to ...

(Nelson Rigg Commuter for anyone interested.)

** Plan is to add a custom mount to hold the trunk, and add attachment points AKA @DickB. Right now, I lose a lot of storage with just the soft bottom wrapping around the max mount.
    Last edited by sKiZo; 05-24-2022 at 10:02 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by sKiZo View Post
    Plan is ... plan ahead?

I went with a collapsible bag here. Not as much storage room, but certainly an improvement over the f'in runk ... <G>

As in the pic, good for a light coat and gloves, expanded is good for an overnite. Also fits as bucket o'chicken if you've a mind to ...

(Nelson Rigg Commuter for anyone interested.)

** Plan is to add a custom mount to hold the trunk, and add attachment points AKA @DickB. Right now, I lose a lot of storage with just the soft bottom wrapping around the max mount.
    I don't have an artificial leg, so I have no input on that, but I added that same tail bag for the exact same reasons (except for the chicken, but that is a good idea). I like that I can get it to expand. I keep my rain jacket in there, not that I ever want to use it. Does your bag move slightly front to back? I've retightened it, but there is a little wiggle so to speak.

Spyder Garage

Currently using the straps that come with the bag, with a strip of velcro to lock it in place and keep it from wandering about. I also cinch both straps together under the max mount using a handy dandy velcro utility strap ...

Easy to remove if necessary, but mine pretty much stays there.

* One advantage with the Rigg soft bag - kick it when swinging a leg over and you won't bruise anything but yer pride, eh. If you dent it, it pops right out too.

Spyder Garage

I had the same problem I added an extra peg that I got from eBay. And I have to turn the handle bars all the way to the right. So that I can use them as a lever to help get up over the seat.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by sKiZo View Post
    Extra pegs? Well that's just silly ...

(call me silly) <G>

You can set the second peg further back on the rail, but I have a fake leg and use both pegs to trap the "foot" heel and toe while riding. Little peace of mind not having to worry about hitting a bump and seeing my leg sail off into the sunset via the rear views. I hate that when that happens. ;-}

PS - the same setup works fine for folk with real OEM meat legs too. Maybe even better than foot boards ...
    Last edited by festus; 06-06-2022 at 06:21 AM.