Spyder Garage

Default Anyone Replaced the standard F3 L seat? Tried Diamond seats?

I found the original F3 L seat to be quite uncomfortable for me for even a 1-hr ride. At 6'4" and 230 lbs it doesn't support my size adequately. I was looking at a few possible replacement options:
    - the BRP replacement "Cannonball Comfort Seat" #219400497 - mixed reviews and currently unavailable
    - Corbin - seat lowers the height a bit - something I certainly don't want for my height
    - Ultimate - nice seat choices but no information about making it out of harder material and added comfort. It doesn't appear to be any wider than the stock seat.

- I came across the site for diamond seats (diamondseats dot com) where they claim to customize for you. I was wondering if anyone has gone this route and are they worth the $. I haven't called to find price yet.

From the diamond site - They claim to customize every seat to fit your style and to maximize your comfort by using these personal parameters:
    - Your weight, height, and length of inseam.
    - If you normally ride two-up, then your passenger weight, height, and inseam.
    - With or without driver backrest, also customized to match your seat design.

Additional thoughts or recommendations?

Spyder Garage

Just another 2 names to add to your review list, GR…..Russell daylong or Laam seats. I am not familiar with Diamond seats.

I’m 6’7” and 300lbs and have replaced each seat on my last 5 rides (3 x 2 wheelers, F3-L and RT-L) with a Daylong. The advantage is that the custom seats are tailored to your size and riding position and usually come with a comfort guarantee, where you can send the seat back if it doesn’t work first up (and they usually do work first up), and they will adjust it to get it right for all day comfort. I have never had to send a Daylong back for adjustment. Laam are usually a little cheaper than Daylong (Seth Laam is an ex Daylong employee), but Daylong have always done the job for me.

The only downside is that the custom fitters need you to send your current seat in to make the adjustments (not sure about Diamond, but I assume they would do the same). This means you are without the seat for a couple of weeks, or you can source a tatty second hand seat to send them (it’s the seat pan they want).

The issue with aftermarket seats like Ultimate is that they are “one-size-fits-all”, and that “one size” usually doesn’t include bigger riders, so you often have to send the seat back (if they allow that).

Hope this helps,

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I switch between the stock seat and the ultimate tall boy seat. I'm 6'1 and the tall boy is great. It brings you up and back. Its very comfortable. The downfall is my lady friend's big booty didn't have enough room when she wants to ride with the ultimate seat. So I'll put the stock seat back on and she has more room. The trick is, I use an airhawk when I ride the stock seat.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by peatmoss View Post
    I switch between the stock seat and the ultimate tall boy seat. I'm 6'1 and the tall boy is great. It brings you up and back. Its very comfortable. The downfall is my lady friend's big booty didn't have enough room when she wants to ride with the ultimate seat. So I'll put the stock seat back on and she has more room. The trick is, I use an airhawk when I ride the stock seat.
    Yeah…..unfortunately, the Airhawk only gave me an extra 15 minutes of comfort on my stock seat, peatmoss

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by peatmoss View Post
    Spyderpops a sponser here sells a passenger extender that moves the passenger seat back a few inches. Maybe that would help.

2017 F3 Limited in Intense Red Pearl

2008 Triumph Rocket (SOLD)

2002 Honda VTX 1800 C ( SOLD)

2014 Triumph Thunderbird Commander

Spyder Garage

Those both look like good sources for enhancing seat comfort. The kicker is having to send in your seat. But to get a good comfortable ride it may be worth it.

Spyder Garage

If you make arrangements to do the custom seat at the end of the ride season you won't miss it. If it's your DD (as in my case) it would definitely be missed.
    2021 F3 L , Stock Plugs (COILS, NOT WIRES!) Stock Brake Pedal Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I just ordered the custom seat from Diamond Custom Seats. They provide a new fiberglass seat base instead of the factory plastic one. They say it's a better base, plus I don't have to send in my seat. They use weight, height, inseam for both rider and passenger to select foam rigidity and shape. I'll let ya-all know how it works out in about 3-4 weeks.

FYI: I read mixed reviews about the BRP Cannonball Seat. Some thought it was great and it is wider and sturdier than the factory seat. It is marked as currently out of stock on the BRP/Can-Am related sites. But I did happen to find one available at a Yamaha dealer (perhaps also CanAM?) in FL. Someone named Christian (at adamw@bms-racing.com) responded that this seat is available. However, I opted for the more customized Diamond seat.

Spyder Garage

Corbin just updated the Dual Touring seat to fit the longer wheel-base F3 Spyder. They used my "T" to do the mod to the mold.
    Go to https://www.corbin.com/can-am/f3_index.shtml and look for yourself.
    Please don't spook the road-sheep.

Spyder Garage

On my 2019 F3L, I replaced with a cannonball seat. A bit of an improvement...but not "perfect" either.

On our 2020 F3L, Linda did not want a replacement seat...she is fine with the OEM. That saved me 5 big ones.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I had my seat rebuilt by Seth Lamm. He did the work on a ride in basis.
    No loss of riding time. If you can make the arrangements,
    the ride in option is golden.
    David C
    2016 F3T
    DIY Garage Door Opener & GPS Mount
    Battery tender cable
    Rear IPS Pack Rack

Spyder Garage

Default Installed new Diamond Custom Seat

I just installed my new seats from Diamond and took a several hour ride today. This feels much better with the stiffer foam adjusted for my weight. I liked the style with the diamond pattern strip just down the center of the seats. These come with a new fiberglass base. I just had to remove and reattach the pin that locks the seat down.

DiamondSeat_3.jpg

DiamondSeat_1.jpg
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 06-19-2022 at 07:53 PM. Reason: Fixed attach display