Spyder Garage

Default Need advice on Removing panel below Brake Pedal?

Hey Peoples

Working on my buddies 2011 RT his brake pressure switch is toasted. I m trying to get at it to replace it but cannot find any info on getting the bottom metal plate off to gain access to it. Purchased the shop service manual for it. Thinking it might lead me in the right direction but only found info on the plastic panel removal which I figured out on my own yesterday.

Seems like the switch has a rubber cover over as well that is held on with zip ties and a bolt on the backside do not want to remove anything that I shouldn’t

These Spyder’s a little different to work on compared to Wings that is for sure

“Let’s Ride and HEY Let’s Be Carful Out There”

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Hello Blackfish, Yes Spyders are way different to work on than Wings. What metal plate are you talking about? If you can post a photo.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

You bet you snap one in the morning when I head over to his place again.

Very Active Member Snowbelt Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

If you're talking about that metal plate along the bottom that supports the footrests, oddly enough that is called the footrest support. It's not a little thing to remove. But, if that's your only choice, then there is a procedure for removing and replacing it in this bulletin. The bulletin isn't about your exact problem, but it covers the removal and replacement. 2011 and 2012 machines should be the same. (Personally. I'd look for any other way to get to that switch after making doubly sure that is the problem.)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/14EB...ew?usp=sharing

Give it a couple of seconds to appear and then you can download it to your computer using the icon in the upper right corner of the screen. Also, it may be already included in the back of the manual that you already have. That's where this one was. Good Luck.

Doug

2023 RT Limited, RT 622, BUDS/BUD2 Megatech/Megatronic

”Freedom is not a loophole”

F4 Customs SWCV, Ultimate, Lidlox, Adjustable Side Vents, Leather Like Grips, SS Grills, Centramatic, Garmin XT2, BajaRon Original Sway Bar w/ Lamonster links, P238

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfish View Post
    You bet you snap one in the morning when I head over to his place again.
    I'm hoping your not talking about the foot rest support as Snowbelt Spyder stated. You don't want to mess with that if you don't have to. This is what it looks like off the bike. right support footpeg SL3 - Copy.jpgright support footpeg SL2 - Copy.jpg There are way to work on things with out taking that off most of the time. Just let us know what issue your having and I'm sure someone will try and help. Snowbelt Spyder is one of the best here for his knowledge and helping others.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown