Spyder Garage

Default Which Rykers come with an open Rear fender? Optional?

I have yet to find a dealer that can answer my question, so I am coming to the experts! I like the open fender look of the Ryker and am wondering if it is only available on certain models? I have been told it is just on the Rally but thought I have also seen it on the sport and Ace.
    The reason I am asking is I am thinking about picking up a used Ryker and don't need the Rally or Sport, so I am wondering if this also comes on the standard 900. Unfortunately not too many used bikes or competent dealers in my area so thanks for the help.

Spyder Garage

I'm pretty sure it only comes from the Factory on the Ryker, but there are a few who've modified their Non-Rally Rykers to have a similar look.

So if you want that look on a standard 900, you're gonna hafta do a bit of a modification or find one used where the Previous Owner has already done that mod, cos they only leave the Factory with the close fitting fender that covers almost all of the 'exposed to the air' tire tread! . Sorry, but that's just the way that BRP has decreed it'll be!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

https://can-am-shop.brp.com/on-road/...ly-fender.html

Oh - don't forget you need the max mount for the fender tail up top - those ain't cheap. Your light cluster should work with either fender.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    they only leave the Factory with the close fitting fender that covers almost all of the 'exposed to the air' tire tread!
    Worth mentioning - the "exposed to the gravel" butt crack? <G>
    Last edited by sKiZo; 05-21-2022 at 09:10 PM.
    Half a million miles, and I ain't dead yet.

See my album at https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...p?albumid=5190

Spyder Garage

As Peter said, I too, think it is only available on the Ryker Rally. BUT you can order the OEM Rally rear fender parts and replace the full fender with them. I think the two main parts are 705013229 (mud flap) about $35 and 705013143 (rear fender) about $85 plus some attachment rivets or push pins. Other parts may be necessary too, so check the diagrams at an on-line OEM parts vendor to be sure.

Edit: and like sKiZo said, the Max Mount would be needed.
    Last edited by StalkyTracker; 05-21-2022 at 09:17 PM.
    2023 Ryker Rally - Heritage White III
    Sport Windshield
    GPS Holder

Spyder Garage

I went the other way with my Rally, I put on the full fender. I do like the looks of the Rally style fender, but didn't like the road crud up under the max mount and on top of the swing arm..always dirty..always cleaning. Check out for what you need at cheapcycleparts.com. Rykers are listed under roadsters (much appropriate).

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by canamryder View Post
    I went the other way with my Rally, I put on the full fender. I do like the looks of the Rally style fender, but didn't like the road crud up under the max mount and on top of the swing arm..always dirty..always cleaning. Check out for what you need at cheapcycleparts.com. Rykers are listed under roadsters (much appropriate).
    How easy was the mod?
    2023 Ryker Rally - Heritage White III
    Sport Windshield
    GPS Holder

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by StalkyTracker View Post
    How easy was the mod?
    Not too bad. Make sure you have all the tools handy first, torque wrench, rivet gun (cheap one worked), even blue locktite for reinstalling/or replacing the brake caliper bolts, etc. I also added some spline grease to the axle spline. Take your time, think things through. Put wheel clip back on the correct way. I'm happy with the results. I think this is the video that gave me the boost of courage to dig into it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Udxi...=AlrightEeyore
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 07-18-2023 at 04:09 AM.

Spyder Garage

The 2021 Ryker Rally does, I have one.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 06-09-2022 at 06:40 PM. Reason: 1 word,no spaces, now 8 ;-)
    U.S.Marine Corps
    Vietnam-Veteran 68/69

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by canamryder View Post
    I didn't like the open Rally fender either , tooo much crap thrown up under. Love the closed fender on my Sport. Think it over?

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!