Spyder Garage

Default Here is an article for not using E15 gas in recreational vehicles....

I didn't put this with the original E15 thread. I know that once a thread has been out for a while I don't bother with it any more, and there may be others like me in that regard. I found this article interesting; others may already know the danger.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...it/9856747002/

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wyliec View Post
    I didn't put this with the original E15 thread. I know that once a thread has been out for a while I don't bother with it any more, and there may be others like me in that regard. I found this article interesting; others may already know the danger.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...it/9856747002/
    ..... However I think you will find that almost ( if not every ) Marina ONLY sells Non-Ethyl gas, because even the 10% stuff is shunned by boaters. ..... But Thanks for the heads up ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    ..... However I think you will find that almost ( if not every ) Marina ONLY sells Non-Ethyl gas, because even the 10% stuff is shunned by boaters. ..... But Thanks for the heads up ..... Mike
    Thanks. I was thinking of the bare bones boat launches I go by when riding my bike (bicycle). There is no gas there; just a place to launch.
    Last edited by wyliec; 05-21-2022 at 12:18 AM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Because marina fuel is so pricy to begin with, some people bring extra fuel with them and they also fuel up their boats at a gas station prior to arriving at the launch.

Spyder Garage

Remember, boat engines always run uphill.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Hate ethanol in any number. (other than 0)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Although E fuels of any grade are not supposed to harm fuel injected engines, they don't recommend using E fuels in carborator style engines. From small engines to large engines. If using any E fuel in any small engine with a carb, don't shut the engine off with the switch when you intend on putting it away after using it. Shut off the gas and kill the engine by allowing the gas in the carb to be used up. Allow it to idle until it quits. If not, then that remaining fuel in the carb will eat up the gaskets over time. For engines that do not have a fuel line shut off valve, use something that will squeeze the fuel line to stop the flow of fuel. If not then you may at some point in time have to rebuild your carb. I've noticed that some recently manufactured engines like lawnmowers and so on come now with fuel line shut off valves. Gas operated weedeaters, lawnmowers, leaf blowers, and chainsaws that are 3, 4, and 5 years old are particularly vulnerable to E fuel carburetor degradation.